You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do you bet this river? How much?

By the river on this hand I really didn't know if i was ahead or behind. WHat wpuld you do here and why?

Hand History #278759174 (23:30 08/08/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SB Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £19.27
BB Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.44
  Your hole cards
  • A

Raise  £0.40 £0.70 £29.84
luvBWFC Call  £0.40 £1.10 £25.54
Fold     
Call  £0.40 £1.50 £41.81
SB Call  £0.30 £1.80 £18.97
BB Fold     
Flop

• A

SBCheck     
1Bet  £0.20 £2.00 £29.64
luvBWFC Raise  £1.85 £3.85 £23.69
Fold     
SB Call  £1.85 £5.70 £17.12
1Fold     
Turn

• A

SB Check     
luvBWFC Bet  £4.28 £9.98 £19.41
SB Call  £4.28 £14.26 £12.84
River

Comments

• edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    What's your thinking on whether you're ahead or behind?
  • edited August 2010
    If I didn't think that on the balance of probabilities I a) have the best hand and b) my opponent has worse he can call with I wouldn't bet.

I doubt they are particularly strong here so IF I am going to bet it is most likely going to be a smaller bet ie half pot.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Do you bet this river? How much?:
    If I didn't think that on the balance of probabilities I a) have the best hand and b) my opponent has worse he can call with I wouldn't bet. I doubt they are particularly strong here so IF I am going to bet it is most likely going to be a smaller bet ie half pot.
    Posted by beaneh

I chekced in the end.  I thought that the only way he would call another bet was if he was beating me. I mean, he either has to have a flush draw, an A or he's slow playing a FH. It turns out he had Ad3d and we chopped, and I am trying to decide if I was correct or not to have checked in this situation.
  • edited August 2010
    Hard without knowing how much behind you had?

Played it fine all way, river maybe bet same as turn as that way could get some value for worse hands they could have if they have u beaten with better ace cant see them re-raising unless they have a FH or bluffing now that would be a difficult spot. Maybe you done the correct thing checking but i personally would have fired out same as turn there
  • edited August 2010
    I started the hand with £25, villain had £18
  • edited August 2010
    it's pretty close because there isn't much to call you that you beat hence why I said to bet size small relative to the pot, I don't particularly fault a check especially with no information on your opponent.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Do you bet this river? How much?:
    I started the hand with £25, villain had £18
    Posted by luvBWFC
    changes things slightly, i would check/ call here if they bet would call but dont think betting the river is ever good with chip sizes eg. you bet what i put previously and they go all in you are commited to call
    if you bet pot might aswell go all in but again only better or similar hand will be calling here
  • edited August 2010
    id be tempted to jam to fold out chops (results orientated perhaps)  but i see us almost always having best of it as  he very rarely has AJ+ from preflop anbd 2pair/sets from flop play.

at these stakes prob wont fold so just increase rakeaments
  • edited August 2010
    I would bet real small about £3.50 to let him think he still has fold equity if he shoves, as it looked like he was flushing and missed.