You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rate my play on this hand

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  50.00 50.00 6160.00
The_Don90 Big blind  100.00 150.00 4320.00
  Your hole cards

Raise  200.00 350.00 4060.00
 Fold     
 Fold     
Fold     
 Fold     
The_Don90 Call  100.00 450.00 4220.00
Flop

• A

The_Don90 Check     
 Check     
Turn

The_Don90 Bet  337.50 787.50 3882.50
 Call  337.50 1125.00 3722.50
River

The_Don90 Bet  843.75 1968.75 3038.75
 Call  843.75 2812.50 2878.75
The_Don90 Show

Muck
  • A
  • Q

The_Don90 Win Straight to the 7 2812.50  5851.25
Ok so i win the hand with the turned nuts. However i feel as though,

A. I could have got more

B. I should have been in the hand in the first place.

Ok so i had reasonable suited connectors facing a min raise, is this ok to se a flop. I get the check check on the flop suprised at the opponent doing so when i look back, but that gave me the free miricle card. What you think guys ?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    pf is a toss up, any reads on oppo to make life easier? fold sometimes call sometimes is fine (you can even 3 bet some of the time too).

as is bet more on turn if you want to win more.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Rate my play on this hand:
    pf is a toss up, any reads on oppo to make life easier? fold sometimes call sometimes is fine (you can even 3 bet some of the time too). as is bet more on turn if you want to win more.
    Posted by beaneh
    Reads - None really. He had been involved in pots but no real involvement that gave me any idea of range. he hadnt been involved UTG at all which is what most worried me. But i thought (maybe results orientated) even if he had AA or KK i have straight and flush potential should i call for the min amount
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Rate my play on this hand : Reads - None really. He had been involved in pots but no real involvement that gave me any idea of range. he hadnt been involved UTG at all which is what most worried me. But i thought (maybe results orientated) even if he had AA or KK i have straight and flush potential should i call for the min amount
    Posted by The_Don90

you have the potential to hit draws, therefore you need to be able to exercise fold equity to make playing your hand profitable. the less information you have the harder it becomes.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Rate my play on this hand : you have the potential to hit draws, therefore you need to be able to exercise fold equity to make playing your hand profitable. the less information you have the harder it becomes.
    Posted by beaneh
    thanks beaneh

I was happy with the turn/river however felt maybe i shouldnt have got involved pre flop
  • edited August 2010
    Played fine, shouldnt have got more involved pre-flop at all pre flop 67 suited vs AQ. Got involved at right time and good bet sizing priced him in.

Well played Don, although worrying you had no reads again. This is deepie am i right? so how long was you playing with him? if more then 20 minutes you should really have an idea tbf
  • edited August 2010
    Played fine, shouldnt have got more involved pre-flop at all pre flop 67 suited vs AQ. Got involved at right time and good bet sizing priced him in. Well played Don, although worrying you had no reads again. This is deepie am i right? so how long was you playing with him? if more then 20 minutes you should really have an idea tbf
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    ToT he hand long moved to the table about 2 rounds and i hadnt seen any of his hands