You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

complete mess but good river call?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
igloomaxSmall blind £0.15£0.15£67.08
barbraellaBig blind £0.30£0.45£11.56
 Your hole cards

Fools_GoldFold    
jogar123Fold    
xCall £0.30£0.75£25.36
Eagle26 Raise £1.20£1.95£53.81
igloomaxFold    
barbraellaFold    
xCall £0.90£2.85£24.46
Flop

xBet £0.90£3.75£23.56
Eagle26Raise £4.00£7.75£49.81
xCall £3.10£10.85£20.46
Turn

xCheck    
Eagle26Check    
River

xBet £8.14£18.99£12.32
Eagle26Call £8.14£27.13£41.67
xShow
  • J
  • Q

Eagle26Show

Eagle26WinPair of 3s£25.78 £67.45
ok i played hand like a complete muppet - no disputiing that. villian limps, he donk bets/calls flop - checks turn on that board only 2 hands were screaming out at me - either JQ or 78 (more likely QJ as guy prob bets turn with 78) so why i dont bet the turn is a mystery? river card brings me a pair of 33's -- villian bets out. what hands are in villians range that make him play a hand this way? on the turn i wasnt obviously confident enough to bet, but by the river and the more i thought about it only QJ makes sense-so i call and get it right.

there was a bit of a mixed reaction on the table when i called with bottom pair, and i cant argue with anybody who says if i thought villian was on QJ u should have bet the turn! (especially as i pick up a flush draw) but for some reason i didnt. but just wondered if anybody makes the call here?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    why are you isoing with 8 high?
  • edited August 2010
    im betting the turn river is weird, as doh would say, you won he lost nearly perfect except you should have raise called his bluff reraise to really play it perfect :p
  • edited August 2010
    FPS syndrome much?

this call is very speculative to say the least.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: complete mess but good river call?:
    FPS syndrome much? this call is very speculative to say the least.
    Posted by zing
    cant argue with that. but just curious what hands u think villian, limp/calls pre-donk/calls flop. checks turn then bets river? not many hands in his range make any sense no? other than QJ?

wish i never put this hand up though tbh. my play is as bad as the villians lol

cheers for replys anyway
  • edited August 2010
    weak pairs which improved to 2pair

hands he doesn't wana check/call so decides to just best for the sake it cause he's lost

rdm slow/wierd played sets

87 combos

saying he can only have JQ cause it's one of the only hands you beat is not good reasoning to call 
  • edited August 2010
    weak pairs which improved to 2pair hands he doesn't wana check/call so decides to just best for the sake it cause he's lost rdm slow/wierd played sets 87 combos saying he can only have JQ cause it's one of the only hands you beat is not good reasoning to call 
    Posted by zing

just put him on KQ/KJ/QJ/AQ/AJ obv
  • edited August 2010
    betting turn is bad, calling river is bad imo as u havent provided any reads that would make it seem better (if u know he c/c or c/r TPTK+
  • edited August 2010
    weak pairs which improved to 2pair hands he doesn't wana check/call so decides to just best for the sake it cause he's lost rdm slow/wierd played sets 87 combos saying he can only have JQ cause it's one of the only hands you beat is not good reasoning to call 
    Posted by zing
    78 combos yep i did put that in my original post. wierd played set guess that is possible. weak pairs which improved to 2 pair i cant see that all.

basically in the short time u get to make decisions on sky my thinkin was either QJ or 78 - the check on the turn made me lean towards QJ. ok so got it spot on on this occasion, over time probably not.  

im not callin and sayin 'he can only have jq cause its the only hand i can beat' if i think im beat i fold simple. i just ran through the hand and made my decision. imo its either JQ or 78
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: complete mess but good river call? : 78 combos yep i did put that in my original post. wierd played set guess that is possible. weak pairs which improved to 2 pair i cant see that all. basically in the short time u get to make decisions on sky my thinkin was either QJ or 78 - the check on the turn made me lean towards QJ. ok so got it spot on on this occasion, over time probably not.   im not callin and sayin 'he can only have jq cause its the only hand i can beat' if i think im beat i fold simple. i just ran through the hand and made my decision. imo its either JQ or 78
    Posted by Eagle26
    What other occasion matters? - Next time u could fold it and he'll show the nuts.

Dunno how anyone can criticise such a bang on read, and call. Its obviously not a fluke as you do it time and time again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6sv1lwWg7Q - watch the end too! lol :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: complete mess but good river call? : What other occasion matters? - Next time u could fold it and he'll show the nuts. Dunno how anyone can criticise such a bang on read, and call. Its obviously not a fluke as you do it time and time again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6sv1lwWg7Q  - watch the end too! lol :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yeah seen this hand before - sick call. Negreanu is quality "wowwwwwwww, wowwwwwwww"
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: complete mess but good river call? : yeah seen this hand before - sick call. Negreanu is quality "wowwwwwwww, wowwwwwwww"
    Posted by Eagle26

it's not a bad call.....

tis a nice slowroll though.