You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i have bet, or bet less?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Right not been playing game too long, had to top up a bit as lost to bad beat . Looked like i was playing alot of pots up to this point and get pefect flop thought i'd get 1 caller or if someone had q or j a raise

was debating whether i should make 16 or 24 but decided on the later incase of any drawing hands

Is my bet fine in this spot? or should i be slowplaying or bet less to appear weaker although didnt think was the strongest bet anyhow thoughts pleae....
pfftSmall blind  £0.04 £0.04 £10.29
Shorty Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.14
  Your hole cards

mysteron55 Fold     
Big Balls Call  £0.08 £0.20 £25.47
YOUNG_GUN Call  £0.08 £0.28 £9.36
Newbie Call  £0.08 £0.36 £2.51
PfftCall  £0.04 £0.40 £10.25
Shorty Check     
Flop

• Q
  • J

Pfft Check     
ShortyCheck     
Big Balls Check     
YOUNG_GUN Bet  £0.24 £0.64 £9.12
NewbieFold     
PfftFold     
Shorty Fold     
Big Balls Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Muck     
YOUNG_GUN Win  £0.37  £9.49
YOUNG_GUN Return  £0.24 £0.03 £9.73

Comments

• ybyb
    edited August 2010
    Raise pre.
    As played bet 32-40p.
  • edited August 2010
    i would bet pot and expect at least one caller here multiway, if we were hu id bet 2/3 min, you can think about raising pre here but if everyones limping loads i supose a call is fine as you get good odds to hit and stack
  • edited August 2010
    didn't want to raise pre as alot of callers on the table, so have called to hit. when i do was how i get paid. so you think if i bet pot someone more likely to call as looks like a bluff? i was trying to represent weakness with my bet which i suppose i shouldn't take into account at these stakes or should i?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Should i have bet, or bet less?:
    didn't want to raise pre as alot of callers on the table, so have called to hit. when i do was how i get paid. so you think if i bet pot someone more likely to call as looks like a bluff? i was trying to represent weakness with my bet which i suppose i shouldn't take into account at these stakes or should i?
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    they will only call if they get a piece of the flop,  i dont think you can induce much in a multiway pot, just play straight forward at these stakes imo