You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Distinct Aromas from your Local Supermarket.

edited August 2010 in The Shed

I was in a Supermarket this evening after work (The one where The Hamster buys his Steaks), and something has struck me as I recall recent visits to these establishments.

Imagine if you were blindfolded. It would obviously be far from ideal (in a supermarket), but with all the different sections you would have a fair idea where you are. (Being blindfolded in the bedroom may be covered at a later date)

The Fish counter, The Fresh Bread etc......you get the picture, and these smells are truly unmistakable, I am sure you will agree.

Imagine when somebody attempts to taint these smells. It can be both nasty and unnecessary.

Lets not try and kid anyone on. We all fart, but it would be an almighty back-door effort to overpower the fumes from some Smoked Haddock or a freshly baked Tiger Loaf.

I am not suggesting you attempt to "Taste the Difference", but if you do get the chance to hang around a Supermarket for a while then please think about this.....

Imagine if you could bowl 3 soft-boiled eggs, all exactly the same force and consistency.

If you "Drop One" in the Fishmonger or Bakery areas, you would probably not even get a glance from even the most skilled purveyor of bottom fumes.

Try "Dropping" the same thing in the REFRIGERATED AREA and the smell will be amplified to the extent where mere mortals would think that someone has been eating an out-of-date Roast Rat Curry. Even the woman who announces things on the bing-bong tannoy thing down the bottom of the store may rub her nose in acknowledgement.

Just think about where people pump and any other potential surroundings where the smell would become worse. Its an eye-opener, and at times it is eye-watering. For the time being, I will now consider the refrigerated areas of supermarkets to be Fartage Amplification Zones.

Comments