You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Dilemma

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
18AND5TIME Small blind  50.00 50.00 1790.00
Flan999 Big blind  100.00 150.00 1725.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Call  100.00 250.00 2412.50
phil12uk Raise  400.00 650.00 2355.00
BLADES849 Fold     
Rouselle Fold     
18AND5TIME Fold     
Flan999 Fold     
All-in  2412.50 3062.50 0.00
Blinds are 50/100 and this is a £33 DYM.

I have played villain a fair bit and they have never struck me as anything decent or tricky.  They then did the limp/shove move which really surprised me.  It has to be aces here doesn't it???  

Comments

• edited August 2010
    As it's a DYM I snap fold here as there's still 6 left and you have 23 BB's when you fold .
  • edited August 2010
    i'd snap call, hoping he has over valued 10/10 or AK

Maybe they cant outplay you so just would rather flip in this spot, cant see it being aces if she played it bad

although you got plenty left think JJ is good enough pre-flop when similar chipstacks and opponent isnt a total nit
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Dilemma:
    i'd snap call, hoping he has over valued 10/10 or AK Maybe they cant outplay you so just would rather flip in this spot, cant see it being aces if she played it bad although you got plenty left think JJ is good enough pre-flop when similar chipstacks and opponent isnt a total nit
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I love that word.
  • edited August 2010
    This is a dilemna Phil but I think it's a fairly easy fold, especially for a player of your quality with 23 BB left behind.

It's probably AA or a medium pocket pair but I've also seen it done with AK and AQ.

It comes down to the fact that you're calling rather than shoving, it's a DYM (no need to take risks whatsoever), you have 23 BB left (very comfortable), and you're good enough to lay it down and still be confident of cashing.

Let this one go and keep an eye on the player until he does it again, gets called, and make your note for the future.

JC
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM Dilemma : I love that word.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    lol i thought that when i wrote
  • edited August 2010
    BLADES849 Small blind  200.00 200.00 1385.00
    Zachariah Big blind  400.00 600.00 5142.50
      Your hole cards
    OK this is a £55 DYM and I'm UTG with 4 players left - so on the bubble.

I'm on 2600 chips BUT have shoved the last 2 hands and got them both through preflop without showing.

Shove again or fold and risk going through the blinds as more likely to get looked up due to previous shoving?
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    i dont play DYMs but i would imagine its a shove as zach should only be calling with AA, and i dont see Blade looking you up light
  • edited August 2010
    Again, tricky one Phil.

I actually think you could fold this as you'll still have 5 BB left having gone through the blinds. However, you may keep getting shoved on after the blinds so you may not find a better spot.

With Blades on a shortstack there's a chance Zac will take him on for you and win. However, there's every chance he'l still lay down to a shove. In my experience it's better to 'look after yourself' in DYMs than rely on anybody else. I think you have to shove these here mate to be honest.

I take your point about shoving the last 2 and I fully understand what you mean, however, these should be good players and you can damage any of their chances of cashing, so they should not be calling lighly in my opinion.

JC
  • edited August 2010
    BLADES849 Small blind   200.00 200.00 1385.00 Zachariah Big blind   400.00 600.00 5142.50   Your hole cards 5 5 OK this is a £55 DYM and I'm UTG with 4 players left - so on the bubble. I'm on 2600 chips BUT have shoved the last 2 hands and got them both through preflop without showing. Shove again or fold and risk going through the blinds as more likely to get looked up due to previous shoving?
    Posted by phil12uk
    what do you guess their calling ranges are, work out whats best.
  • edited August 2010
    Hand 1 is a very easy fold in a DYM.

Hand 2; I fold looking at the stack sizes. You are very close to second, 55 isn't enough for me with 3 to act, the BB and button will probably fold all but premium hands, but if this is your third shove in a row the SB might take you on with a fairly wide range, if you lose a flip you're now well adrift in 4th and about to hit the blinds. Also the SB may shove on the BB with any 2 here, the BB is much more likely to call the SB than he is to call you, so if you decide to pass it may be over at the end of this hand anyway, without you needing to take a risk. Also remember that if you do pass now and are forced to fold both blinds on this orbit you will still be sat with a very playable stack of 2000.
  • edited August 2010
    second one could either shove or fold, wouldn't dismiss either. Similar to hand the other day who shoved UTG think depends how strong your are perceived by the table in this spot, if you have taken last two pots i'd shove as means someone with a wider range then norm would be calling if any so likely to be a race is the best you can do with small pp or with a bit of luck they have smaller pp and call although unlikely
  • edited August 2010

Hi Phil, don't think you need advice from me on either of these but my 2p's worth is:

Hand 1 - Fold. It's still early and you've got 2300 chips behind.

Hand 2 - Fold. Probably. Or Shove. Or min raise, folding to a re-raise from Zachariah. See, this poker's an easy game isn't it? 8- />

Coys!
  • edited August 2010
    Hand 1 like younggun i call. and probably get battered by AK

Hand 2 - i fold i hate shoving 3 in a row on a DYM.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Phil, don't think you need advice from me on either of these but my 2p's worth is: Hand 1 - Fold. It's still early and you've got 2300 chips behind. Hand 2 - Fold. Probably. Or Shove. Or min raise, folding to a re-raise from Zachariah. See, this poker's an easy game isn't it? 8- /> Coys!
    Posted by JingleMa
    I dont like the min raise idea he has value to call and your in a race with so many hands and dominating nothing he will call with.