You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Internet Service Providings? who are you with?

edited August 2010 in The Shed

I'm thinking about switching my ISP to Sky at the moment..

my favourite TV channel (skysportsnews) is being removed from "freeview" and Sky have got a deal for broadband, calls and TV for £19 a month.

Line rental cheaper than BT too...

Has anyone got any thing (good or bad) to say about Sky Broadband etc?

can SkyRich get me a discount??

thanks

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Virgin are different class for broadband. Sky are better for TV channels but a V+ Box is much better than a Sky+ box.  For what it's worth i switched to Virgin as i felt Sky were ripping me off for broadband.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Internet Service Providings? who are you with?:
    Virgin are different class for broadband. Sky are better for TV channels but a V+ Box is much better than a Sky+ box.  For what it's worth i switched to Virgin as i felt Sky were ripping me off for broadband.
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    aha,, interesting!

i was looking at a Virgin package too, I think i'll take another look, thanks filipsebo.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Internet Service Providings? who are you with?:
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    i was going to switch to virgin for these reasons (well expect tv i will not pay for it) but unfortunetly they not avalible in my area :(
  • edited August 2010
    o2 Broadband, No complaints, and get a discount if an o2 customer.

Just avoid AOL lol
  • edited August 2010
    Nope, i havnt got fibre optic cables down my street either..so Virgins a no go.. it's a shame cos it looks good.

I even had a look at BT but they dont seem to have the tv channels, even though theyre asking for the same moneys

I'm with AOL at the moment Gavin, I think it's pretty good, which is why im a bit apprehensive about switching.

TalkTalk are definatley the one's to avoid judging by a previous thread by Mr Donut.

apparently whoever i go with my speeds limited to about 8-10MB, but Sky reckon theyre rolling out 20mb in my area within the next 3 months, so Sky's the winner.

but if it was a competition of who's the coolest...Richard Branson would win hands down.