You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So so so so so sick! How can he play so bad and win? 500xbb 3 outer, ffs

edited August 2010 in Area 51

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £124.04
Loosifer Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £42.29
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Snodbhoy Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £7.65
tbliss11 Call  £0.90 £2.25 £21.75
villainRaise  £2.10 £4.35 £76.42
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £5.00 £9.35 £119.04
Loosifer Fold     
Snodbhoy Fold     
tbliss11 Fold     
VillainAll-in  £76.42 £85.77 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  £73.37 £159.14 £45.67
DOHHHHHHH Show
  • K
  • K

VillainShow
  • K
  • A

Flop

• A

Turn

River

• A

VillainWin Three Aces £157.34  £157.34
I have amended this post to deleted the players name, I have also deleted your second post.  This is that post minus the bad language.

"I really feel sick, tourny players can moan about beats all day long, but to lose for 5 buy ins like that u have no idea.

6 hours grinding gone - in 2 minutes."

Please note that even though this is an adult site there are rules for all contributors to the forum.  For record those rules are listed here.  Sky Mod 1

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Drink some water.
    Go to bed.
    Stop whining about bad beats.

Amend your post to remove the swearing first.
  • edited August 2010

Very unlucky DoHHHH.

I understand your opponents play, but the 4 bet makes it quite clear youve got AA/KK in my opinion although then again i cant comment ive never folded AK pre flop ever.

Although in my position i call the pre flop 3 bet and then bet the A high flop, obviously you now get away far cheaper, but then people play different and i would have played different to you opponent.

• edited August 2010

VUL Dohhhhh, Don thats ridiculous not folding AK Pre flop!!! especially this deep terrible play by someone, JJ i hope you stayed on table and won it back of them? or did they hit n run, in that case note his name and get stalking on the tables.

On the bright side you were still ahead of your buy in :P

• edited August 2010
    Yuck,

Why did u make pfr so small with all that interest behind you.  I wouldve gone at least 6.5-7, but looks as though the ending is always gonna be the same,

ul
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: So so so so so sick! How can he play so bad and win? 500xbb 3 outer, ffs:
    Drink some water. Go to bed. Stop whining about bad beats. Amend your post to remove the swearing first.
    Posted by MereNovice
    NO !

Aghhhhhhhhhhhh so demoralising - normally i spew 5 buy ins.

I nearly folded!!!!

Posting bad beats helps me get over them, I like emptathy, it gets me off tilt, I will continue to post them time and time and time again, and gladly read page after page of other peoples bad beats.

Wil you forgive me if I ask you for the odds? - what r the odds on you showing abit of personality and posting something entertaining or amusing on the forum over the next 3 months? - Rather than doing the strict maths teacher impression?

Cmonnnnnnnnn MN there must be something there somewhere, lighten up - R u after official mod status?
  • edited August 2010
    I gave you some friendly advice.
    What you decide to do with it is up to you.
    The rules of the forum should apply to you the same as anyone else.

1. You shouldn't include swear words with characters substituted for some of the letters.
    2. You shouldn't leave your opponent's name in posts like that if you are going to claim that he played "so bad".

I seem to recall a fairly recent edition of Master Cash where you got more than a buy-in aipf with KQ v. AK and flopped trips. Your opponent showed rather more class than you do, iirc.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi dohhhh---- that is cash games really tho mate innit--- and the reason I try me bestest to stay off the cash tables--- you can sit there playing great all night, and then some flopwit forces you all in with a great hand and turns you over--- you are going to be asked to put your whole stack in several times--- which is why-- if I do play cash-- I would leave the table once I make 3 or 4 buy ins--- gl in the 2.20 deep stack m8 !!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: So so so so so sick! How can he play so bad and win? 500xbb 3 outer, ffs:
    In Response to Re: So so so so so sick! How can he play so bad and win? 500xbb 3 outer, ffs : NO ! Aghhhhhhhhhhhh so demoralising - normally i spew 5 buy ins. I nearly folded!!!! Posting bad beats helps me get over them, I like emptathy, it gets me off tilt, I will continue to post them time and time and time again, and gladly read page after page of other peoples bad beats. Wil you forgive me if I ask you for the odds? - what r the odds on you showing abit of personality and posting something entertaining or amusing on the forum over the next 3 months? - Rather than doing the strict maths teacher impression? Cmonnnnnnnnn MN there must be something there somewhere, lighten up - R u after official mod status?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Vince i think your great but sorry i did laugh at the above :P
  • edited August 2010
    1)  You didn't 'lose' 500bb.

2) It's not that bad of a beat.

3) You have obviously run golden if this sort of thing is unusual/gets you worked up.
  • edited August 2010

Ok 500xbb swing then.

As I only 2 table, this is half of 6 hours profit gone in 1 hand. So frustratin.

Its an auwful beat!! - I judge a bad beat by the timing.

a) Getting it in with quads on a 2 2 3 board, being called by AA and it coming turn A, river, A in a £1 dym

2) The above hand.

Which is worse? I know which 1 i'd prefer.

Its an hurrendously, soul crushing demoralising, annoying, sickening beat !!!!!

And yeh the old "dohh has run golden for 5 years" theory again - horse poo, i bet I actually run bad, and I dnt notice it coz I win my money back so easily, its just a matter of time.

The hands such as the one above just delay my progress, rather than prevent it.

No chance that I actually might be good and crush the games I play In, playing good stuff? :) (other than HU sng turbos :( )
  • edited August 2010
    Why were you sitting deep if the money matters?

it's only a 70/30

it's not a 500bb swing. youd expect 350 on average. you either get 500 or 0 bbs. it's either 150 up or 350 down on what you should have. but i'm just being pedantic

To answer your question A is far worse.

Here's a way of saying what i've said already that you may actually take in.

you are obviously 'very good' it's just with some thought you might be very better. geddit?
  • edited August 2010
    Theres nothing wrong with this hand at all.

• edited August 2010
    Unlucky Doh, I feel your pain. Here is a bad beat I experienced on Sunday night which might cheer you up
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    darrenqu09 Small blind  75.00 75.00 1760.00
    TheAAces Big blind  150.00 225.00 1170.00
      Your hole cards

Villain Raise  300.00 525.00 2450.00
    kirstii Fold     
    dasman Call  300.00 825.00 2900.00
    darrenqu09 Fold     
    TheAAces Call  150.00 975.00 1020.00
    Flop

TheAAces All-in  1020.00 1995.00 0.00
    Villain Call  1020.00 3015.00 1430.00
    dasman Fold     
    TheAAces Show

Villain Show
    • A

Turn

River

• K

Villain Win Flush to the Ace 3015.00  4445.00
  • edited August 2010
    i was the villain against dohhhhh and before he starts his spluttering again get to know some facts about the table and history etc .

we had maybe been at the table 3 or 4 hours  well i had as had dohhhhh

the person to my right was constantly raising and 3 betting and then shoving on the river ,so i knew it would only be a matter of time when i had him beat and evenntually it did i flopped a straight he lost his stack with a pair of 4s he hit on the turn .

now i have watched a lot of dohhhhhs play on the tv and here is the downfall for dohhhhhh as he gets that many of his hands shown on tv he can be analysed quite easily by better players than me as can many others who want to see all the hands on the tv.

now to the hand in question under the gun raises i have the button i reraise ,now dohhhhh only mid raises my raise which i then think he has 9,10,js and maybe queens but the raise did not say to me kings so i shove preflop hoping he has one of these hands and he will fold but if he doesnt i think im in a race its a gamble but sometimes in life you have to gamble.besides i did not want to see a flop without the ace or at least a king there  anyway ,

now preflop its a 3 outer he says which to someone of his superior poker knowledge to mine is clearly wrong ,pre flop it is not a 3 outer ,what if flop comes 10 q 8 say is it still a 3 outer no it  is not, it is now a 7 outer improving my chances of winning the pot

yes it was a gamble at the time by me but sometimes you have to gamble in poker .

sometimes you win sometimes you lose

now he fails to mention the hand  about 4 or 5 hands hand later when same thing happens again under the gun calls i raise 4 times the big blind he mid raises me again ,i shove he calls i have AA he has JJ ,I won that as well ,he must have forgot that hand ?

dohhhh i dont know you from adam m8 you might be the nicest guy in the world for all i know

i know our paths will cross again from time to time and i will win some and lose some against you

but its like you have never been beaten at a table with runner runner after the flop it happened to me 4 times in one night

but as doyle says thats poker folks
  • edited August 2010

Yeh I was down, and majorly tilted, and u did the same move again, massive over-shove, which worked a treat. I shud have logged off straight away.

So that was well played if u took into account the possible tilt factor, but my thoughts are similar to the first hand, you don't have the confidence to play me down the streets, so you try and remove the skill from the game and make it a gamble - which worked for u this time, but its a matter of time until u lose the lot, you probably already have.

I'll have to work hard to get it back by out-playing good players, then get donked by gamblers and fish, but as you quite rightly say, thats poker folks.

The 2nd hand wasn't mentioned here as it was a standard hand, no bad beat, or anything - I give u credit for identifying the tilt factor, well played.

I am a nice guy, as uspeculate I may be, but being a nice guy on the tables doesnt help - im here to make money, I dnt care how.

Look forward to playing you again, I will deffo look for you when table selecting, and wish you all the best in the future.

edit - Just re-read ur post, and you say sometimes you have to gamble in poker.

What makes you think that pre flop with ace king, with 250xbb stacks, and only 8 of these big blinds invested in a cash game, is the correct time to gamble?
  • edited August 2010
    HERE HERE

ITS ANOTHER CASE OF THE "REGS" ON HERE THE SELF-PROCLAIMED
    "BETTER PLAYERS" WHO ARE FULL OF IT.

IF YOU THINK THATS A BAD BEAT THEN QUITE FRANKLY MATE YOU'VE
    NEVER HAD ONE
  • edited August 2010
    you say i have lost my bankroll ha ha you should be a comedian lol

trust me im in front playing poker i learned the hard way but i can tell you right off i am in front

anyway why did i only have 3 outs i still cant figure that one out ?

you have not said anything about analysing so many hands on tv as for some reason your seem to appear a lot is this through your choice ?

tbh i wouldnt want my hands shown on tv well especially the amount you do i think thats stupid but thats up to you . oh i wouldnt have the confdidence to play you down the streets ok cool by me if you believe that .

the point about the gamble as stated in previous post is simple i put you on 9s,10s,js,and maybe qq with your raise preflop i thought i could get you to lay one of them down .i didnt put you on kk if i did i would have called,then reevaluated on flop then raised any bet you made  its not rocket science.

good luck anyway to you as well in the future
  • edited August 2010
    you say i have lost my bankroll ha ha you should be a comedian lol trust me im in front playing poker i learned the hard way but i can tell you right off i am in front anyway why did i only have 3 outs i still cant figure that one out ? you have not said anything about analysing so many hands on tv as for some reason your seem to appear a lot is this through your choice ? tbh i wouldnt want my hands shown on tv well especially the amount you do i think thats stupid but thats up to you . oh i wouldnt have the confdidence to play you down the streets ok cool by me if you believe that . the point about the gamble as stated in previous post is simple i put you on 9s,10s,js,and maybe qq with your raise preflop i thought i could get you to lay one of them down .i didnt put you on kk if i did i would have called,then reevaluated on flop then raised any bet you made  its not rocket science. good luck anyway to you as well in the future
    Posted by pattyk
    It gets people to shove two hundred and fifty big blinds in pre flop when they are crushed, drawing to 3 outs or a miracle straight.

Mission acomplished, I rest my case.
  • edited August 2010
    end of thread lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: So so so so so sick! How can he play so bad and win? 500xbb 3 outer, ffs : It gets people to shove two hundred and fifty big blinds in pre flop when they are crushed, drawing to 3 outs or a miracle straight. Mission acomplished, I rest my case.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

because stacking off with ace king is unheard of LOL
  • edited August 2010
    Why are you berating him? So you want him to fold when you have him "crushed"? Surely you want to get in this spot over and over again and win lots of monies?

Oh you don't get that over time thing do you...
  • edited August 2010
    Why are you berating him? So you want him to fold when you have him "crushed"? Surely you want to get in this spot over and over again and win lots of monies? Oh you don't get that over time thing do you...
    Posted by BrownnDog

Oh hai der

IT'S DA ROFLCOPTER
  • edited August 2010
    right ill put my two pennies in here.

Now this is comming from someone who usually played MTT and is learning cash (slowly)

Right here we have AK V kk

ak 3-BET's pre flop simple KK 4-bets just as simple.

Now my two pennies here is AK im in a cash game call see a flop if it has A or K simple i think im ahead.

Now i cant remember names im on page two so AK player i suspect the shove in my opinion was incorrect. Ok we have 2 overs to any pair, so we're 49%. To KK we're 30% and AA we're 18%. So in cash i want to see a reasonably cheap flop but with me controling the size of the pot. In a fast paced tournament yes i do the same and shove all in.

But here we dont need to. Ok the flop comes down the same and we lose that extra profit but at least its played good.
  • edited August 2010
    looks a completley standard hand to me
  • edited August 2010
    looks a completley standard hand to me
    Posted by barnsie
    Thats because it is, KK lost to AK, what is the world coming to lol
  • edited August 2010

I dnt think its standard to shove £71 pre flop facing a £5 4 bet, with ace king.

Anyone who thinks this is a good move, needs help. What hands am I going to call him with?

AA or KK

What hands am I going to fold?

Everything else.

What %age of the time am I likely to have AA/KK when I 4 bet in a multi way pot?

Is he going to make enough money from the times he makes me fold hands, to make it a winning play, to cover the times I snap call with AA/KK and win 250xbb?

NO !

Standard? psh! look at the stack sizes
  • edited August 2010
    having grinded these lower limits this week this is probably the least bad pre flop i have seen from anybody

• edited August 2010
    having grinded these lower limits this week this is probably the least bad pre flop i have seen from anybody
    Posted by barnsie

i dont know if thats a compliment or not lol

i have gave my reasons for the shove earlier in the thread
  • edited August 2010

Dohhh....

keep em coming....love a good rant......perhaps without any swearing or abuse...(not that i saw this but have seen it was deleted..)  we all have bad days.....and i like to rant myself.....it does reduce the tilt factor.....

word of advice.......

eventually its your turn your time will come......myself i find it hard to get it in behind,because if i know that i usually fold....

everything you learn on here will stand you in good sted for any live events you play...

regards
    toby
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: So so so so so sick! How can he play so bad and win? 500xbb 3 outer, ffs : NO ! Aghhhhhhhhhhhh so demoralising - normally i spew 5 buy ins. I nearly folded!!!! Posting bad beats helps me get over them, I like emptathy, it gets me off tilt, I will continue to post them time and time and time again, and gladly read page after page of other peoples bad beats. Wil you forgive me if I ask you for the odds? - what r the odds on you showing abit of personality and posting something entertaining or amusing on the forum over the next 3 months? - Rather than doing the strict maths teacher impression? Cmonnnnnnnnn MN there must be something there somewhere, lighten up - R u after official mod status?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

i dont care about anything else in this thread apart from this sentence soooo made me :)