You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

problems

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic

I  need advice from players who have been there and done it!  but any input may be usfull, maybe players who have also tried and failed as i do.
I want to be able to play £1/£2 but i cant do it.  i can beat £0.50nl and also £100nl but i just cant seem to beat £200nl.
I have taken into account that variance is higher at £200nl than £100nl but still no joy.
Some might say that the ammount of money involved is affecting your play, i can honestly say its not, i have the roll for it or i would not be there.
I have hit a wall and its too big for me to climb.
The players, ljamesl, offshoot (never had much joy against), dantb, browndog, lolufold, simuk, jakally and coxy i cant understand why i feal like i will never ever be able to beat these guys, they seem to be a mile ahead of me and i dont no how or why. any ideas?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    go on leggopoker.com and hire a coach like Martin 'DODGYKEN' Coleman.

he is $300 per hour. or you can record ur screen for an hour and he will look into it and voice over in detail for $300.

Definately worth one buy-in.
  • edited August 2010
    why do you think that variance is higher at nl200 than nl100? most of what your looking for is in the answer
  • edited August 2010
      I have done a very long and extensive study of the differences between NL4 and NL200. And it seems as if they both use 2 hole cards and 5 community cards but the players appear to have different names.

That is essentially the difference between the 2 levels. So as you go up the levels you will find that you need to get new reads on the new players.The higher level players may have more game and more moves in them but it is still essentially the same game.The only advice i can give to you is to spend some time watching these players and taking some notes on them to make sure you are better armed for when you do sit down against them.

Also take an honest look at your own game and see if you are in anyway predictable and easily readable.If so then you may need to find some new moves of your own.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: problems:
      I have done a very long and extensive study of the differences between NL4 and NL200. And it seems as if they both use 2 hole cards and 5 community cards but the players appear to have different names.   That is essentially the difference between the 2 levels. So as you go up the levels you will find that you need to get new reads on the new players.The higher level players may have more game and more moves in them but it is still essentially the same game.The only advice i can give to you is to spend some time watching these players and taking some notes on them to make sure you are better armed for when you do sit down against them.   Also take an honest look at your own game and see if you are in anyway predictable and easily readable.If so then you may need to find some new moves of your own.
    Posted by Talon
    players think about the game differently the higher you play, essentially its the same game but the higher you play it becomes more than your cards and ABC
    • Level 0: I know nothing
    • Level 1: What do I have?
    • Level 2: What does my opponent have?
    • Level 3: What does my opponent think I have?
    • Level 4: What does my opponent think that I think they have?
    • Level 5: What does my opponent think that I think they think I have?
  • edited August 2010
    level6: head asplode
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    lol
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

my head asplodes at level 2.3
  • edited August 2010
    i didnt think this thread would ever get a serious answer from a 200nl+ reg.
  • edited August 2010
    i didnt think this thread would ever get a serious answer from a 200nl+ reg.
    Posted by freechips1
    do you play Nl200 on other sites or just here against regs?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: problems : do you play Nl200 on other sites or just here against regs?
    Posted by N1CK
    just here and i try to avoid the regs, if i cant beat 200nl on sky i have mo chance of beating 200nl on any other site.
    i do ok at 200nl vs none regs/some regs but with low trafic its near impossible to avoid all good regs.
  • edited August 2010
    What answer are you after exactly? Some magical secret that will let you beat 200nl?
  • edited August 2010
    freechips....u playing in the £2,500 double stack?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: problems : just here and i try to avoid the regs, if i cant beat 200nl on sky i have mo chance of beating 200nl on any other site. i do ok at 200nl vs none regs/some regs but with low trafic its near impossible to avoid all good regs.
    Posted by freechips1
    what problems do you experience vs the players you feel you cant beat? i dont know how you play so its hard to give my opinion, do you feel they can easily exploit you?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: problems : just here and i try to avoid the regs, if i cant beat 200nl on sky i have mo chance of beating 200nl on any other site. i do ok at 200nl vs none regs/some regs but with low trafic its near impossible to avoid all good regs.
    Posted by freechips1
    check you pm msgs
  • edited August 2010
    sky 200nl regs are like 50nl regs on most other sites.