You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Omaha HI/LO the future of poker

ACAACA
edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Y is no-one playin omaha hi/lo, I've played a couple of times and luv it,  any takers, £2 DYM not much for 20mins fun, r u in

Comments

• ACAACA
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Omaha HI/LO the future of poker:
    Y is no-one playin omaha hi/lo, I've played a couple of times and luv it,  any takers, £2 DYM not much for 20mins fun, r u in
    Posted by ACA

3600 players on line only 1 wantin 2 play, if u dont play u cant learn and the game will disappear

Always a pleasure
  • ACAACA
    edited August 2010
    28 tables avail 2 Regs, I rest my case, TK, Mr Hartigan, LML I need ur Influence
  • ACAACA
    edited August 2010
    0 for 3, still luvin it, if ur not in u cant win

Always a pleasure

• edited August 2010
    Too late now and I'm up early.

Have only played it once and it was one of those 6max tourney things. Absolutely mind boggling and if the hand descriptions weren't written up on the screen I'd have been well snookered.

I agree it's lots of fun though and requires loads of concentration whereas I find hold 'em hands are starting to play themselves most of the time.

Oh yeah, and I won the tournament :-)

If I'm about tomorrow night I'll have a look for the cheap dyms.
  • ACAACA
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha HI/LO the future of poker:
    Too late now and I'm up early. Have only played it once and it was one of those 6max tourney things. Absolutely mind boggling and if the hand descriptions weren't written up on the screen I'd have been well snookered. I agree it's lots of fun though and requires loads of concentration whereas I find hold 'em hands are starting to play themselves most of the time. Oh yeah, and I won the tournament :-) If I'm about tomorrow night I'll have a look for the cheap dyms.
    Posted by bandini
    WT, Hand descriptions on the screen, NO WAY, lol, 15 sec timer needs a revist I reckon, OMAHILO and out

Always a pleasure
  • ACAACA
    edited August 2010
    Too late now and I'm up early. Have only played it once and it was one of those 6max tourney things. Absolutely mind boggling and if the hand descriptions weren't written up on the screen I'd have been well snookered. I agree it's lots of fun though and requires loads of concentration whereas I find hold 'em hands are starting to play themselves most of the time. Oh yeah, and I won the tournament :-) If I'm about tomorrow night I'll have a look for the cheap dyms.
    Posted by bandini
    u wat, Hand descriptions on the screen, NO WAY, lol, 15 sec timer needs a revist I reckon, OMAHILO and out

Always a pleasure
  • edited August 2010
    I've said this on other threads give us micro versions to learn on.I know the rake is worse but loose less learning ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    I think 5 card draw pl teaches you a lot about poker
  • edited August 2010

I will organise  an Omaha Hi-Lo "Evening" this week, or early next week.

Last time we did that, we got 30 or 40 runners in the lower buy-in Tourneys.
  • ACAACA
    edited August 2010
    I will organise  an Omaha Hi-Lo "Evening" this week, or early next week. Last time we did that, we got 30 or 40 runners in the lower buy-in Tourneys.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sounds good TK, a slower structured MTT would be great

Many Thanks
  • edited August 2010
    I enjoy Hi Lo tournaments, but at cash tabels it's just a rake fest with all the split pots.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha HI/LO the future of poker : Sounds good TK, a slower structured MTT would be great Many Thanks
    Posted by ACA
    N1 ACA.

In fact, the structures for the Hi-Lo Tourneys on Sky Poker are spot on. Remember, by it's very nature, (because a LOT of pots are split), Hi-Lo plays remarkably slow relative to a regular NLH structure.

Keep an eye out for a Thread when we do it, & join us - you'll not regret it, I promise. Ish.

• edited August 2010
    I'm always up for a bit of Omaha HiLo for a change ACA - Look forward to the evening Tikay!
  • ACAACA
    edited August 2010
    OK it's official I am a donk 0 from 4 and countin, mind u, u cant put a price on knowledge, bring on the tourny's

Always a pleasure