You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Player notes.

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Pretty straight forward my player notes are a mess with to much detail i think. I have plenty of notes on players but just wondered if people have set things they write down on players and what these are? so i can sort my notes out abit lol

Comments

• edited August 2010
    add me im hopeless at poker lol
  • edited August 2010
    'I don't like'

'wont let me win a pot'

'biggest bluffa eva'

'cant fold'

'wont fold'

'they removed his fold button'

'empty seat'

'golden'
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Player notes.:
    'I don't like' 'wont let me win a pot' 'biggest bluffa eva' 'cant fold' 'wont fold' 'they removed his fold button' 'empty seat' 'golden'
    Posted by beaneh
    Cheers mate this is the kinda things i was after, think i just need to keep it simple lol
  • edited August 2010
    i'll paste a reg from 50nl from my "sky notepad" to give you an idea

cold called my 3bet of co from btn when in sb w/ 99 100bb deep.
    3bet him btn vs co and he flatted oop then c/f 643dd flop when 
    i half bet it for £7 in 13ish
    also flatted 4bet btn vs bb then he c/f QhighFD board to half bet
    min3bet me after i squeezed limper on btn from sb 2.50-4.50 w/ AQo then
    bet small all 3streets w/ toppair Q
    seen min3bet w/ 99 and AQo oop
    squeezed limpers from sb w/ AKs then i 3bet in bb 2-6.50 he flats.
    flop A75cc. he check i cbet 6.50 he mr me i call w/ AA. turn 5x and he
    shoves near insta for a near pot bet
    seems to wana play any2 pretty cards IP vs me (23s) etc
    limp co w/ 108s. bets out w/ fd

sky's room for notes is depressingly small unfortunately

try n write down different spots until you figure them out 

props if you know the reg from this though it's not a difficult one
  • edited August 2010
    i'll paste a reg from 50nl from my "sky notepad" to give you an idea cold called my 3bet of co from btn when in sb w/ 99 100bb deep. 3bet him btn vs co and he flatted oop then c/f 643dd flop when  i half bet it for £7 in 13ish also flatted 4bet btn vs bb then he c/f QhighFD board to half bet min3bet me after i squeezed limper on btn from sb 2.50-4.50 w/ AQo then bet small all 3streets w/ toppair Q seen min3bet w/ 99 and AQo oop squeezed limpers from sb w/ AKs then i 3bet in bb 2-6.50 he flats. flop A75cc. he check i cbet 6.50 he mr me i call w/ AA. turn 5x and he shoves near insta for a near pot bet seems to wana play any2 pretty cards IP vs me (23s) etc limp co w/ 108s. bets out w/ fd sky's room for notes is depressingly small unfortunately try n write down different spots until you figure them out  props if you know the reg from this though it's not a difficult one
    Posted by zing
     Cheers for this....its a really big insight into the higher stakes players notes. 

When you say "seems to play any2 pretty crds ip vs u"  how many times it take for him to do this before you make it a note? obv probably not a specific amount but on average?  same as if you notice them c/c fdraws when 100bb deep how many times would u need to notice this before u make a note of it? 

much appreciated
  • edited August 2010
    c/c 3str w/MP
    3b junk
    dbet fold to rr
    instashoved nuts
    mr FD

that kind of thing, i do have one note which says "get in"

• edited August 2010
    c/c 3str w/MP 3b junk dbet fold to rr instashoved nuts mr FD that kind of thing, i do have one note which says "get in"
    Posted by offshoot

leave me alone!!!

and zing you're notes are convoluted more shortening of words and stuff !!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Player notes. :  Cheers for this....its a really big insight into the higher stakes players notes.     When you say "seems to play any2 pretty crds ip vs u"  how many times it take for him to do this before you make it a note? obv probably not a specific amount but on average?  same as if you notice them c/c fdraws when 100bb deep how many times would u need to notice this before u make a note of it?     much appreciated
    Posted by robc
    you should be able to realise pretty quick when you see a few showdowns with the guy what kinda hands he's limp/calling you with etc.

how he plays draws try noting it after the first time you see a certain line then just keeping an eye on his next showdowns to see if he's consistently doing this or mixes his play up in different spots and with how big of a strength the draws are is a good place to start.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Player notes. : you should be able to realise pretty quick when you see a few showdowns with the guy what kinda hands he's limp/calling you with etc. how he plays draws try noting it after the first time you see a certain line then just keeping an eye on his next showdowns to see if he's consistently doing this or mixes his play up in different spots and with how big of a strength the draws are is a good place to start.
    Posted by zing
    Cheers appreciate all the advice from you guyz, 

Il make sure i take it all into account :)
  • edited August 2010
    i like to just note wat type of player someone is by writing the name of the pro or player they remind me of..

if there solid multi  table tags its nanonoko

if its a decent aggressive thinking reg its a durrr or ivey or PA

if they are very oldskool and dont have much understanding of 6MAX cash, they get any of the skypoker presenters names

No hard feelings i dont mean it :o
  • edited August 2010
    Played a £5 dym and found i had made a note on one of the players but had long forgotten what it was.

It said "complete donk" which made me laugh and i wondered why i would make a note like that but it soon became clear as he called ever raise regardless of his hand and was out before we had finished level 2.

Player notes can be very helpful even if you can't remember why you made them.

• edited August 2010
    Played a £5 dym and found i had made a note on one of the players but had long forgotten what it was. It said "complete donk" which made me laugh and i wondered why i would make a note like that but it soon became clear as he called ever raise regardless of his hand and was out before we had finished level 2. Player notes can be very helpful even if you can't remember why you made them.  
    Posted by achill
    post of the week. made me laugh.

i can imagine you going 'why did i wri......ohhhh thaaaats why. c'ya gg lol'