You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How much would you bet on the river?

ybyb
edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
PADDYSCOUS Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £58.68
buddy672 Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £39.25
  Your hole cards
  • K

villain
Call   £1.00 £2.50 £171.27
Boonicon Fold        
Blowfish89 Fold        
yb Raise   £4.00 £6.50 £106.83
PADDYSCOUS Fold        
buddy672 Fold        
villain Call   £3.00 £9.50 £168.27
Flop

• K

villain Bet   £8.00 £17.50 £160.27
yb Call   £8.00 £25.50 £98.83
Turn

villain Check        
yb Bet   £13.00 £38.50 £85.83
villain Call   £13.00 £51.50 £147.27
River

villain Check      

Comments

• ybyb
    edited August 2010
    Villain is a passive reg who can be a bit of a calling station sometimes, he views me as very lag.
  • edited August 2010

Way too above my level here but i will still post if you dont mind

Strange raise pre, but then again have position at these levels im sure your looking at implied odds and the fact the villain is passive. problem is what would he be calling UTG & then calling a 4bet. on this alone would put him on pp or maybe even AK, AQ

I like the bet on the flop but alarm bells would be ringing that he has a set or a better king, by turn alarm bells even more, but if you say he is a calling station cant see what he would be calling with which you beat so i would hope to check/ check here. if he raised depends would have to go on instinct and note if wrong

open myself up to criticism here but thats how i would learn

• ybyb
    edited August 2010
    It's him that bets the near pot bet on the flop not me, then when he checked to me on the turn he's pretty much always going for pot control so I'm not scared about getting c/r. I guess I could bet more on the turn but after he donk bets the flop I don't think I can get that much value from his range - yeh he could have a straight draw/77-TT etc but better kings make up a big part of his range as well. The main reason why I'm betting is to build the pot having hit the oesd so I can go for a bigger bet on the river if I hit the straight (I think I can get paid with an overbet if an 8 comes especially).
  • edited August 2010
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    Also young gun the best way to learn imo is to post your opinions of different hands no matter what the levels are.
  • edited August 2010
      £15-27     see if if he gets the message.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: How much would you bet on the river?:
    Also young gun the best way to learn imo is to post your opinions of different hands no matter what the levels are.
    Posted by yb
    I know that mate, just like putting my view accross on higher players and if its wrong and i get told so thats how i learn. i have posted hands in the past and think im going to stick to sit n gos which i have been crushing at 2.20 until i have a good enough roll at mo only £50 and think cash is too many bad players so once get up to £100 will have another go at cash then i have enough for variance. although i could easily grind the nl4 with my roll just easier and quicker going sit n go route, lately i've been winning 3 of 5 roughly
  • edited August 2010
    at least pot, spech with ur percieved image.. as u said he has a lot of TPGK, some sets and he is prob gonna check call stubborn.. £50- £60 id go for.

i guess it depends if you go for thin value alot, if ud also be betting AK, 2pairs and sets on this board maybe u should be betting the same amount on the riv as u wud when better for thinner value. Just to keep ur game more locked.

Then again maybe ur 'lag' image balances/polarises ur overbetting range to bluffs and 7's so he wud prob c/c the OB. Even tho u may never OB Bluff this riv.
  • edited August 2010
    Id go for 27.

youngun the level doesn't matter just think of everything in big blinds.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    In the end I bet 37 and he called with 45, but tbh afterwards I didn't really like this sizing much as it probably doesnt get a call from a lot of 1 pair hands and he's calling a bigger bet with 2 pair +.