You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Interesting hand simple enough fold in the end but cost me alot.

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
OK so this had was against a known player to some people on here i wont mention names, this players knows who they are. P.S i cant find the hand in my HH for some reason so hoping this is as close to accurate as possible.

Pre flop im under the gun on NL8 with KK

Preflop i raise my usual 40p

flop comes: 6 2 K

all spades

I bet around 3/4 of the pot again quite standard play for me, but also didnt want to commit to much against a made flush. Opponent trebles it, i call. Should i be folding or shoving or is the call fine.

Turn A

its a spade

I check call here hoping to see a paired river

It comes a nothing card and i check fold to and all in.

Stacks im not sure, i was £1 less to call anyways.

Opinions please.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    i seen that hand
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Interesting hand simple enough fold in the end but cost me alot.:
    i seen that hand
    Posted by pattyk
    i happen to know you did lol. Would you mind getting me exact stack sizes please, i cant find it in my HH anywhere :(
  • edited August 2010
    shove flop, your way ahead of there draws, and you also have redraw for the time they flop a flush.
     By shoving the flop you have a greater equtiy of turning a boat, while flatting and the turn being a brick/spade just kills you hand
  • edited August 2010
    its not in mine either sorry but if i remember right after the river it was about £ 5 to call the all in

i knew this thread would appear lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Interesting hand simple enough fold in the end but cost me alot.:
    its not in mine either sorry but if i remember right after the river it was about £ 5 to call the all in i knew this thread would appear lol
    Posted by pattyk
    It was alot more than that you had 50p - £1 more than me and i had around £9 left behind and you shoved.
  • edited August 2010
    well your memory is better than mine lol

i admitted to you after it i had flopped the flush anyway

it was an easy fold tbh after the river as you are beat to any spade

the thing is if you reraise my inititial raise i maybe would  have folded

with the pair of kk you had i would have put a reraise in anyway in your position

cant figure out why its not in my hh either maybe sky have taken it out to show it on the tv lol
  • edited August 2010
    it appears your fold was good so u lost the min with KK.... you should be patting yourself on the back not thinking badbeat.
  • edited August 2010
    well your memory is better than mine lol i admitted to you after it i had flopped the flush anyway it was an easy fold tbh after the river as you are beat to any spade the thing is if you reraise my inititial raise i maybe would  have folded  with the pair of kk you had i would have put a reraise in anyway in your position cant figure out why its not in my hh either maybe sky have taken it out to show it on the tv lol
    Posted by pattyk
    At what stage did this happen? This is so hard to work out without the actual hand...

At which point in the hand would you had folded if Don had re-raised your inittial raise?

On the flop?

So you turned the flush rather than flopped it?

Ive said to Don that I would definitely be shoving, or making a big raise on the flop, if oppo has a flopped flush, we still have 7 outs on the turn, and 10 outs on the river - Whats that like 30%ish? - and villain doesnt have to have the flopped flush to commit on the flop, other sets/2 pairs/ace of spades and a pair etc....

I dnt like flatting flop hoping for the board to pair....get it in
  • edited August 2010
    i flopped the flush  i had jq spades

if he reraises my raise pre flop i fold end of

the reraise i gave him pre flop was to see if he was as strong as he said he was which it appears he was

every time don raised it was always the 4x bet pre flop which he does quite a lot so he has kk every time he raises  lol or aa or qq he must be getting some hands if thats the case
    as i said my reason for the reraise was simple i wanted to see if he was as strong as he said he was ,anyway i flop the 2nd nut flush so i am wanting paid if he has ace of spades and another spade fair enough  .turn comes ace spades  so now i have the nut flush perfet even better if he has ak  or something or even a set

river came dead to both which is easy enough to work out

i have the nuts  i shove  he wisely doesnt call ,i wouldnt have called the river either in his shoes it was an easy river fold as he said as any spade beats him

what do you do if you have the 2nd nut flush flopped to you exactly what i done i expect
  • edited August 2010
    How can you not find HH, a good way to find it is search for lose + however much eg.£3 surely you cant have tooo many it will be about. or another way get hand id from seaching your account and giives you brief summary and hands played on each table

come on Don dig it out hard to read properly when some of the info is in-accurate or not 100% correct
  • edited August 2010

ah so you raised pre flop, and don just called.

Why did you just call pre don with KK? why dint u 3 bet?

In his description of the hand, don says he was first to act, and raised to 40p. There is no mention of you re raising him pre flop.

.....What actually happened?
  • edited August 2010
    i reraised his initial raise to £1.60  pre flop  and don just called the reraise

if he had came over the top i fold he didnt .i hit the flop and then bet out 3/4 pot  same again on turn and shoved the river

thats my recollection of it anyway

it isnt in my hh either honestly
  • edited August 2010
    Ok, thanx for clearing it up patty.

So there you go then don thats where u went wrong, pre flop...

I bet that's why u didnt want to post the hand innit ;) lolol
  • edited August 2010
    the problem with being unable to find the HH is the hand is now so scetchy. I cant remember a re-raise pre. But then that not to say it didnt happen.

If it did i take full responsibility and deserved to lose for not 4-betting.
  • edited August 2010
    don i definetely raised you pre flop im 100% sure of that well 99% sure lol

but i agree with don its def  not in my hand history either weird
  • edited August 2010
    theres nothing wrong with flatting 3bets with KK every so often.

3bet the flop

fold the turn, unless you are getting 5:1 odds or better
  • edited August 2010
    don its easier to find hh in my account.

as long as you know what day it was on?

say it was yesterday go look at them.

being in a long list u can scroll down and find any kk hands easier.......