You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet on the SPT grand final!

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Hey guys,

I know there has been some murmuring about Sky Bet running a book for various SPT events, well i'm pleased to announce we've finally got one up for the SPT grand final in Nottingham!

To have a bet or if you're just interested, click here

enjoy!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    How many runners are expected for this event? Just that the odds seem... well... a little stingy.
  • edited August 2010
    These are the top 3 from the regional finals - the odds are on the highest finisher - it took me a mo to realise - hence the crampedness of the odds
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bet on the SPT grand final!:
    How many runners are expected for this event? Just that the odds seem... well... a little stingy.
    Posted by simuk
    when he says stingy i think he means sheeeeeeyite.  Srsly tho, those odds are awful
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bet on the SPT grand final! : when he says stingy i think he means sheeeeeeyite.  Srsly tho, those odds are awful
    Posted by OMahonyO
    but the odds are only on who finsihes the highest out of the named players, there not that many named and dont think the prices are to bad really
  • edited August 2010

great idea... fun idea.. but totally awful in operation.

the skybet book for this particular market has an over-round of 138%

this is not good.  for example horseracing is usually between 110% and 120%.  skybet are normally higher than others.  this time, for every £100 they will payout they will keep a further £38.

so the odds need to improve before i suggest anyone putting their money down.

very good idea, very poor show.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bet on the SPT grand final! : but the odds are only on who finsihes the highest out of the named players, there not that many named and dont think the prices are to bad really
    Posted by 35suited
    Yeah sorry, I didnt realise this... so it's not too bad.

I want to bet on myself though :P
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bet on the SPT grand final! : Yeah sorry, I didnt realise this... so it's not too bad. I want to bet on myself though :P
    Posted by simuk
    Hi Simmy,

Quad threes indeed. Check!

The Market bring discussed is for DIRECT QUALIFIERS only - i.e., only those who finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the 5 SPT Legs. A Market has been formed on that, as the 15 "runners" are known & will not ever change.

It may - may - be possible to offer prices on individuals in the SPT Grand Final but not until the full field is known. They could, for example, offer odds of, (hypothetically) 16/1 for you to win it. And then "Offshoot" enters, so your correct market price would be nearer 25/1.......

I hope, nearer the day, or on the day, there will be some odds available, & that you will be able to have a bet.

See you in Nottingham. You coming on the Friday evening?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bet on the SPT grand final! : Hi Simmy, Quad threes indeed. Check! The Market bring discussed is for DIRECT QUALIFIERS only - i.e., only those who finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the 5 SPT Legs. A Market has been formed on that, as the 15 "runners" are known & will not ever change. It may - may - be possible to offer prices on individuals in the SPT Grand Final but not until the full field is known. They could, for example, offer odds of, (hypothetically) 16/1 for you to win it. And then "Offshoot" enters, so your correct market price would be nearer 25/1....... I hope, nearer the day, or on the day, there will be some odds available, & that you will be able to have a bet. See you in Nottingham. You coming on the Friday evening?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wonder if its possible to send a rep from skybet to DTD to do a book "On the door". I bet there will be a lot of takers if there is some1 actually there, lets face it, we are all gamblers at heart. :-)

Just an idea....
  • edited August 2010
    I think it would be a good idea for there to be a market on the people who are left on day 2, to see who wins based on chip counts, not sure how difficult this would be for Sky though.
  • edited August 2010
    I fancy having a bet on one of the players currently on the market, but i know if im at there table it will effect how i play lol
  • edited August 2010
    I fancy having a bet on one of the players currently on the market, but i know if im at there table it will effect how i play lol
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    My guessing is top prize (about 17k) will be worth more than your bet, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were u lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bet on the SPT grand final! : Hi Simmy, Quad threes indeed. Check! The Market bring discussed is for DIRECT QUALIFIERS only - i.e., only those who finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the 5 SPT Legs. A Market has been formed on that, as the 15 "runners" are known & will not ever change. It may - may - be possible to offer prices on individuals in the SPT Grand Final but not until the full field is known. They could, for example, offer odds of, (hypothetically) 16/1 for you to win it. And then "Offshoot" enters, so your correct market price would be nearer 25/1....... I hope, nearer the day, or on the day, there will be some odds available, & that you will be able to have a bet. See you in Nottingham. You coming on the Friday evening?
    Posted by Tikay10
    No worries Tikay. 
    Re: Friday night... I won't be able to make it I am afraid. I will be moshing to Muse in Wembley Stadium!

• edited August 2010
    DAIBOOT 14/1  that will do me  ( can u get a dbl with the winner sat at seat 3)
  • edited August 2010
    I want to lay Simuk, any takers !!! lol
  • edited August 2010
    can i bet that rich orford doesnt manage to qualify  for this???????????
  • edited August 2010
    I want to lay Simuk, any takers !!! lol
    Posted by beaneh
    Sounds like you want a last longer side bet beaneh!
  • edited August 2010
    No, I want free money from people betting on you lol :-P