You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

donkeys poor plays.....lesson 1 how to get least from quads!!

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Dont limp. dont check

Comments

• edited August 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
     Small blind  75.00 75.00 1325.00
     Big blind  150.00 225.00 2505.00
      Your hole cards

donkeyplop Call  150.00 375.00 1970.00
     Fold     
     Call  150.00 525.00 3780.00
     Fold     
     Check     
    Flop

Check     
    donkeyplop Check     
     Check     
    Turn

Check     
    donkeyplop Check     
     Check     
    River

Check     
    donkeyplop Bet  393.75 918.75 1576.25
     Fold     
     Fold     
    donkeyplop Show

donkeyplop Win  525.00  2101.25
    donkeyplop Return  393.75 0.00 2495.00
  • edited August 2010
    number 2................

aces...................
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
     Small blind  100.00 100.00 1025.00
     Big blind  200.00 300.00 2755.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

donkeyplop Raise  800.00 1100.00 1895.00
     Fold     
     Fold     
     Fold     
     Fold     
    donkeyplop Show
    • A
    • A

donkeyplop Win  500.00  2395.00
    donkeyplop Return  600.00 0.00 2995.00
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: donkeys poor plays.....lesson 1 how to get least from quads!!:
    Dont limp. dont check
    Posted by beaneh
    i know you are supposed to bet out but it was a dym and the table was sooooo tight they were folding to anything!!!

would you still bet out in that spot?????

being a dym is it worth building pots with these hands rather than getting cheap look at flop???

i was just hoping someone caught a piece of it.......
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: donkeys poor plays.....lesson 1 how to get least from quads!!:
    In Response to Re: donkeys poor plays.....lesson 1 how to get least from quads!! : i know you are supposed to bet out but it was a dym and the table was sooooo tight they were folding to anything!!! would you still bet out in that spot????? being a dym is it worth building pots with these hands rather than getting cheap look at flop??? i was just hoping someone caught a piece of it.......
    Posted by donkeyplop

limping to hit a set, is to get in cheap and win lots of 'money', in a dym you just want to stay in and cash so winning chips is of no consequence we just want to be focused on not losing them so limping frequently with speculative hands is a bad play over the long term.

betting when you have the quads is always worth it, build the pot!

The aces hand you raise way too much preflop, especially considering your stack size.
  • edited August 2010
    yeah i knew after each hand i played them bad!!!

playing too much i think and not getting decisions right.......

i did cash though so not all bad.........

this thread is just me with too much time on my hands lol.

but being serious for a minute how much would you raise with aces there??

i do seem to  raise too much with them as i fear getting crushed by odd hands.....
  • edited August 2010
    Sorry Beaneh but disagree about not limping in with 44. Winning chips is definately important... with most people in DYMs now just playing very tight you're not going to double your money by folding. Eventually the blinds will catch up with you and you'll have to start making moves. For just 150 chips and the chance of flopping a set and potentially getting paid I don't see why not.

You don't even have to hit your set - if everyone is playing that tight you can put a bet in on dry flops and take it down most of the time. And one small bet is going to risk your tourney life :)
  • edited August 2010
    Sorry Beaneh but disagree about not limping in with 44. Winning chips is definately important... with most people in DYMs now just playing very tight you're not going to double your money by folding. Eventually the blinds will catch up with you and you'll have to start making moves. For just 150 chips and the chance of flopping a set and potentially getting paid I don't see why not. You don't even have to hit your set - if everyone is playing that tight you can put a bet in on dry flops and take it down most of the time. And one small bet is going to risk your tourney life :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Playing loose in dyms is not a good idea unless you have a table full of amoebas, it's just a contest of who can fold the most.
  • edited August 2010
    i will limp in dyms up to about level 5 then raise/fold

by seing a few cheap flops early i managed to win a few uncontested pots easily and get up to 3000 chips.

if it was a real aggresive table ie cash i would of folded but dyms are a differant beast arn't they??
  • edited August 2010
    i will limp in dyms up to about level 5 then raise/fold by seing a few cheap flops early i managed to win a few uncontested pots easily and get up to 3000 chips. if it was a real aggresive table ie cash i would of folded but dyms are a differant beast arn't they??
    Posted by donkeyplop
    up to level what??!!!

• edited August 2010
    the 2nd hand u raise 800 leaving 1100 behind, basically telling the rest of the table 'I AM NOT FOLDING'

u av2 run in2 another monster 2get paid, make it like ~500 n hope sum1 ships or the BB defends.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: donkeys poor plays.....lesson 1 how to get least from quads!! : up to level what??!!!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    this doesnt mean i wont raise but may limp with small pairs etc......

level 5 is only up to blinds of 75/150 i think???

cheers for the other advice though :)