You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Heads up vs 6max

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic

I`m interested in having a dabble at heads up cash,  Ive tried before a few times on low stakesnl10 or whatever, and I` m pretty awful tbh.
Do experienced players find hu more profitable than 6max?  I see some ppl on here who only play hu so I spose that answers itself.
One thing I did notice was the rake.  Does this become less of an issue the higher up you go?
I have noticed some of the bigger players recently moving over to hu, what are their reasons and what different skillsets are required.
Off the top of my head it seems that ppl reading, plays a far bigger part than ur actual cards.  For this reason alone is it wise to mix hu in with ur normal 6max games.
Also, I would imagine the swings could be a lot bigger in hu?

I often see people sitting at a hu table waiting, but there could be other players also waiting on other tables.  I understand this is because most people dont want to play someone where they dont feel they have an edge, but if a new player sat at one of these tables, how long would it take, or how many hands would it take before you realised you had an edge, or they had an edge on you?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    rake at sky is mucher high for HU then most other sites, unless you play 50nl> its prob best not to play HU.

if you have never played HU, or now how HU play is like, you will get crushed.

• edited August 2010
    swings are alot bigger Hu compared to 6max, the rake at micro limits is a killer, regs sit and wait for fish, after 10 buttons you can get a good idea on your opponents skill level, if you want to play micro HU the sng option is better  imo but longer it lasts the more of a lottery it becomes as the blinds increase, as for strategy you just adjust your play to your opponents