You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sometimes you just know you beat

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £11.28
 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £7.26
  Your hole cards
  • A

The_Don90 Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £13.35
 Fold     
 Call  £1.20 £2.85 £58.10
Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
Flop

The_Don90 Bet  £2.14 £4.99 £11.21
 Raise  £7.49 £12.48 £50.61
The_Don90 Fold     
 Show
  • J
  • J

Win  £6.78  £57.39
 Return  £5.35 £0.35 £62.74
unsure how i made this fold, i had no real read on my opponent, but i had a really strong gut feeling i was behind, i actually named 9 10 ? in the chatbox before i folded, and my opponent a completely genuine player showed.

I just wanted to share this to show im not all that bad. :)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    you folded TPTK wow insane.
  • edited August 2010
    Just a thought Don, why are you sudenly playing 30NL when only a few days ago you were moving up to 8NL, and if you're gonna play at this level doing so with <50 BB's isn't the best idea.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: sometimes you just know you beat:
    Just a thought Don, why are you sudenly playing 30NL when only a few days ago you were moving up to 8NL, and if you're gonna play at this level doing so with <50 BB's isn't the best idea.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    i wanted to see if i could compete at this level. Sat down with £15 and just stood with £41 so cant have done too badly, although the hands i got paid for played themselves.  
  • edited August 2010
    haha bankroll management isnt in mine or dons dictionary, sometimes will enable us to win lots more through better players other times this will make us busto weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

well played don, although a bit of a card rack from when i joined :P
  • edited August 2010
    yea as Dohhh said i got a nice run of paydays

AA - small pay
    AA - ran into AA choppy choppy that went
    KK - small pay
    KK - set
    KK - You seen this one

Ak a couple of times. The one where u asked if i had a set i had A10 again A and 10 both out.,
  • edited August 2010
    lol thats what i thought if you didnt have a set ;o) so close there
  • edited August 2010
    lol thats what i thought if you didnt have a set ;o) so close there
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yea DoHHH said i played it too aggressive, my notes said shed likley call. So i went for it. and in fairness she was calling everything to that other guy, oh dam how i wanted to get into a big pot with him,
  • edited August 2010
    got a feeling u passed here due to playing with scared money, esp with no reads.

and its prob not a gd idea to base whether u can beat 30nl off one one table sesh
  • edited August 2010
    im sticking to this level as i keep getting hands like this and would hurt a hell of alot more if id stepped up a level or two.......

prob shouldnt of min re raised but he would of called whatever. darn fishes..............

why is it when you are having a bad day you keep getting hands like these??? had 5 of them today so far
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
     Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.37
     Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

Fold     
     Fold     
    donkeyplop Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.16
     Call  £0.04 £0.14 £5.15
     Raise  £0.08 £0.22 £2.29
     Call  £0.06 £0.28 £3.90
    donkeyplop Call  £0.06 £0.34 £4.10
     Call  £0.06 £0.40 £5.09
    Flop

• J
    • K

Bet  £0.36 £0.76 £1.93
     Fold     
    donkeyplop Raise  £0.72 £1.48 £3.38
     Fold     
     Call  £0.36 £1.84 £1.57
    Turn

• Q

Check     
    donkeyplop Bet  £1.84 £3.68 £1.54
     All-in  £1.57 £5.25 £0.00
    donkeyplop Unmatched bet  £0.27 £4.98 £1.81
     Show
    • A

donkeyplop Show
    • K
    • J

River

Win Straight to the Ace £4.61  £4.61
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't advice open-limping with KJo.
  • edited August 2010

hey i wont next time

still if id raised he would of called and exactly the same outcome would of happened imo..................

• edited August 2010
    hey i wont next time   still if id raised he would of called and exactly the same outcome would of happened imo..................
    Posted by donkeyplop
    If you raise you can isolate one player and if you then hit a flop like this there's more money in the pot so you can bet more, thus winning more. Also sick outdraw mate but s*** happens. ;)
  • edited August 2010
    i know what you are saying mate but in early position is it wise to raise with this hand??

or would you just fold these kind of hands????

i think these are the spots where im getting into trouble!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    got a feeling u passed here due to playing with scared money, esp with no reads. and its prob not a gd idea to base whether u can beat 30nl off one one table sesh
    Posted by SHANXTA
    it wasnt scared money i was more than happy to get it in, when i was confident i was ahead. But because of the level of player i was against, basing that the player is a NL50 player i knoew the re-raise was enough to tell me i was behind. I was happy to lose the money.

Also i fully agree with the point in bold.
  • edited August 2010
    i watched a guy join a 15/30p table last night!!!

with £3!!!!

do you think he was playing with scared money??? ha
  • edited August 2010
    i watched a guy join a 15/30p table last night!!! with £3!!!! do you think he was playing with scared money??? ha
    Posted by donkeyplop
    lol im not sure u understand wot i mean
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: sometimes you just know you beat : it wasnt scared money i was more than happy to get it in, when i was confident i was ahead. But because of the level of player i was against, basing that the player is a NL50 player i knoew the re-raise was enough to tell me i was behind. I was happy to lose the money. Also i fully agree with the point in bold.
    Posted by The_Don90
    fair enuf, was he playin uber tight?
  • edited August 2010
    Tight?? it was cliokid!!!!

I was watching the table, cliokid had shown the nuts, (89 on 67T board) and AA AIPF....the only 2 times he'd shown cards.

Even so, I dunno how Donald got away from this.......

When the time bar was running down, I knew Dons hand, and I really did think it was a scared money fold.

But he had it spot on....

lol u never fold this at nl4 tho don?

And these £3 stacks at nl30....ughhhhhhhhhhhhh they haunt my dreams.
  • edited August 2010
    funny you say that dohhhhhh as it was your table!!

you were heads up on a 6 seater late last night and some guy sat down with £3 :)))))))))
  • edited August 2010
    hmmm was it the one i was winning on or losing?

I think I was playing heads up on 2 tables at once.......

Was handling it ok too my head normally spins, and was mtt tilt.

U shudda sat down with 4 beans and stacked him!!
  • edited August 2010
    i nearly did sit lol.

you were doing ok you had about £70 behind i think.
  • edited August 2010
    Tight?? it was cliokid!!!! I was watching the table, cliokid had shown the nuts, (89 on 67T board) and AA AIPF....the only 2 times he'd shown cards. Even so, I dunno how Donald got away from this....... When the time bar was running down, I knew Dons hand, and I really did think it was a scared money fold. But he had it spot on.... lol u never fold this at nl4 tho don? And these £3 stacks at nl30....ughhhhhhhhhhhhh they haunt my dreams.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Your probably correct mate. At NL4 JJ would have re-raised pre i imagine, players there re-raise with A2 alot of the time. As a result TPTK is often good.

Against better opponents its an easier lay down. Players are more trappy, and it just didnt feel right, it felt like there was something wrong.

And in all fairness, you did see i was happy to put the money in.