You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BH Hand by the request of LML

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
This was Thursday Night 8pm £22 BH - was shown on TV and LML requested the hand to be shown

If your gonna lose, lose in style ;)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
limitpoker Small blind  300.00 300.00 6417.50
xxxxBig blind  600.00 900.00 5505.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

Milo76 Fold     
SEB13 Fold     
zaxus0118 Fold     
dylan12 Raise  2400.00 3300.00 6960.00
limitpoker Fold     
xxxx Call  1800.00 5100.00 3705.00
Flop

• Q
  • J

xxxx Check     
dylan12 Bet  3825.00 8925.00 3135.00
xxxx All-in  3705.00 12630.00 0.00
dylan12 Unmatched bet  120.00 12510.00 3255.00
xxxx Show
  • K

dylan12 Show
  • A

Turn

• K

River

• J

xxxx Win Straight Flush to the King 12510.00  12510.00

Comments

• edited August 2010
    i just watched this!!

brutal hand vvv unlucky!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    pf raise size is way too big. can well just be all in.
  • edited August 2010
    stacking off with bottom pair and a gutshot. you got it all in behind.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BH Hand by the request of LML:
    pf raise size is way too big. can well just be all in.
    Posted by beaneh
    Agree Totally (would not normally make a raise that much), Had been raising much less but call call call

Made it more - willing to go to war innit v that particular villain - tis a BH :)
  • edited August 2010
    i just watched this!! brutal hand vvv unlucky!!!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    He he

When I saw his hand it did tilt me - pre im ahead, flop he's ahead, turn - wiiiiiiii im ahead, river oh ffs - he;s ahead ;)
  • edited August 2010
    i'd shove this pre because there is nothing to gain from just opening, it's not like much worse will suddenly be made to reshove. and you can also get some smaller pp's that we are flipping against to fold.
  • edited August 2010
    i'd shove this pre because there is nothing to gain from just opening, it's not like much worse will suddenly be made to reshove. and you can also get some smaller pp's that we are flipping against to fold.
    Posted by beaneh
    lol you reading my MSN messages?

Just had exact convo with a fellow aquaintance of ours and we both agree on the shove, had the gun laoded to shove but the powder got mixed up hence the poor raise - tbf I think he's calling a shove anyway so what ever way I look at it I lose, but better to get money in ahead and put him to the decision :)
  • edited August 2010
    wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii rollercoaster hand or what,

I would also shove/ fold in this spot due to your raise you have put 35% roughly in pre so might aswell push all the way if you your going to play or raise less

VUL thought dylan
  • edited August 2010
    wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii rollercoaster hand or what, I would also shove/ fold in this spot due to your raise you have put 35% roughly in pre so might aswell push all the way if you your going to play or raise less VUL thought dylan
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yeah normal circumstances I do shove/fold - but tbh when committing so much of my stack I do not expect a flat call from the villain so with raise Im telling the villain that I am all in anyway - hence my suprise to his flat call - I only expected a shove or fold from him tbh - All though my raise pre is not at all great here (and trust me I never raise that amount there, I blame all the smute in the chatbox distracting me ;) ) but the flat call for me was worse there in that situation, It did shock me that he flatted, he took the timer right down to the wire and called, obviously the villain can play as he wants but looking back, the hand should have played as follows - I shove, villain folds - But it's a BH and the villain never folds anyway

As for it being a roller coaster...It certinally was that - thought I had it but the river had other thoughts but there we are - as you can imagine I was not happy with the K9 call pre anyway after seeing it but tbf when the money all got in I was behind so no complaints just a 5 minute well ok 10 minute tilt and I was over it :)
  • edited August 2010
    lol i think i would have called in his spot, has bb invested not a bad hand 3/1 on the call can shove if hits and fold if not. still not the greatest and your probably right he shouldn't be calling due to his chipstack in this spot, K9 suited does play well though(used to be my fave hand) thats why you got called. after that flop dont blame you for putting him in that is always going to happen just unlucky he flopped a straight, then lucky you hit straight, then unlucky he hit 1 outer for straight flush. quality hand though on the up and down sense :o)
  • edited August 2010
    lol i think i would have called in his spot, has bb invested not a bad hand 3/1 on the call can shove if hits and fold if not. still not the greatest and your probably right he shouldn't be calling due to his chipstack in this spot, K9 suited does play well though(used to be my fave hand) thats why you got called. after that flop dont blame you for putting him in that is always going to happen just unlucky he flopped a straight, then lucky you hit straight, then unlucky he hit 1 outer for straight flush. quality hand though on the up and down sense :o)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

he had a lot more than a 1 outer lol any spade would have dylan beat
  • edited August 2010

Shove.....hope.......rebuy :)
  • edited August 2010
    Shove.....hope.......rebuy :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Rebuys FTW :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BH Hand by the request of LML : he had a lot more than a 1 outer lol any spade would have dylan beat
    Posted by pattyk
    Yup, plus when money went in he was ahead
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    K9 is one of my favourite hands for no reason in particular just is cos I won with it a few times - do I like it in this hand - er no lol all the streets played them selves except for pre flop, if you think K9 is pretty then shove with it and commit to the hand - If the villain intended a move of shove if missed or check call all in if hit then it's pretty pointless cos Im calling anyway after making the pre flop raise - hence why my raise was stupid - I blame machka, hawk and chirpy chip in the chatbox distracting me ;)
  • edited August 2010
    i seen the hand on tv last night and i said  on the river bet he hits the jack of spades lol

was good for tv sore for you though
  • edited August 2010
    i seen the hand on tv last night and i said  on the river bet he hits the jack of spades lol was good for tv sore for you though
    Posted by pattyk
    Yeah, LML loved the river grrrrrr ;)

I breathed a sigh of relief on the turn and thought phew my bad play been rewarded for once - then the river BOOM!!

2 hands later im out when my 77 ran into 99 - sky is so rigged ;)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BH Hand by the request of LML : Yeah, LML loved the river grrrrrr ;) I breathed a sigh of relief on the turn and thought phew my bad play been rewarded for once - then the river BOOM!! 2 hands later im out when my 77 ran into 99 - sky is so rigged ;)
    Posted by dylan12

seen that as well i went out in the tourney

with a set of jacks lol

i have told myself umpteen times fold pocket jjs lol

he had pocket kk

we both hit on the flop all the money in i lost as usual lol

cest la vie

• edited August 2010
    Loved LML's opening comment....................lots of good regs on sky - and Dylan ;)

How u doing m8? Coming to DTD?
  • edited August 2010
    lol i think i would have called in his spot, has bb invested not a bad hand 3/1 on the call

he isnt even getting 2:1 on the call
  • edited August 2010
    Loved LML's opening comment....................lots of good regs on sky - and Dylan ;) How u doing m8? Coming to DTD?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Sigh, yes LML and her comments - hear her say I was "lucky" rofl whio she think I am Phil12uk ;)

Nah m8 no DTD for me, only online grind :(
  • edited August 2010

In Response to Re: BH Hand by the request of LML : he isnt even getting 2:1 on the call
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Eyes like a hawk you have, I didn't even see the 3:1 comment :)

+1 to the response