You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

would you call this???

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
this guy was on tilt had just lost 2 big pots and had lost about half his stack!!!

im fairly deepstacked here and decided to fold and wait for better spot!!!

would you call or fold????????????????????????
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.54
donkeyplop Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.77
 Ante  £0.02 £0.08 £2.69
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Fold     
 Call  £0.04 £0.12 £2.85
 Call  £0.04 £0.16 £2.65
 All-in  £4.27 £4.43 £0.00
 Fold     
donkeyplop Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Muck     
 Win  £0.20  £0.20
 Return  £4.23 £0.00 £4.43

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I'd think for about 0.46 seconds then call.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to would you call this???:
    this guy was on tilt had just lost 2 big pots and had lost about half his stack!!! im fairly deepstacked here and decided to fold and wait for better spot!!! would you call or fold???????????????????????? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance   Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £4.54 donkeyplop Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £6.77   Ante   £0.02 £0.08 £2.69   Your hole cards J J         Fold           Call   £0.04 £0.12 £2.85   Call   £0.04 £0.16 £2.65   All-in   £4.27 £4.43 £0.00   Fold         donkeyplop Fold           Fold           Fold           Muck           Win   £0.20   £0.20   Return   £4.23 £0.00 £4.43
    Posted by donkeyplop

Insta call
  • edited August 2010
    Aghhhh cud be the old double bluff/tilt shove thing with Aces.....do people do that at nl4?

Do they even think like that?

I think this is more likely to be a junk hand at nl4 than higher up the levels, so id call.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: would you call this???:
    [QUOTE Do they even think?

no
  • edited August 2010
    yes dohhhhhh ive had this before where they tilted shoved with aces so i was worried about it!!!!

while its only small stakes id been grinding for an hour playing safe so didnt want to risk it tbh!!!

i might ask for this on play your hand request as id soooooooooo love to know what he had!!!
  • edited August 2010
    you're not deepstacked here because no one else is.

it's 50 bbs, gooooooo arrrrrrr eeeeeeeen

• edited August 2010
    Aghhhh cud be the old double bluff/tilt shove thing with Aces.....do people do that at nl4? Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    No Dohhhh, this next level play only happens at the nosebleeds.. all the time
  • edited August 2010
    you're not deepstacked here because no one else is. it's 50 bbs, gooooooo arrrrrrr eeeeeeeen
    Posted by beaneh
    aint it like ~100 bbs?

(im still calling)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: would you call this??? : aint it like ~100 bbs? (im still calling)
    Posted by SHANXTA

yes for some reason I looked at the stacks of those that folded. don't mind me...... :-p
  • edited August 2010
    lol you were wrong for once beneah lol ;)

about 169 bb i think!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
     how do you know hes on tilt? are you his psychiatrist you presumptuous little fish
  • edited August 2010
    btw id call is cash init, live a little
  • edited August 2010
    because he had lost 2 massive hands in the space of 5 minutes then kept raising all the time!!

he left the hand after this one.

maybe i should of called ive turned into such a rock lol!!!

but thanks for your concerns nick xxx
  • edited August 2010
    because he had lost 2 massive hands in the space of 5 minutes then kept raising all the time!! he left the hand after this one. maybe i should of called ive turned into such a rock lol!!! but thanks for your concerns nick xxx
    Posted by donkeyplop
    its always a pleasure lol,
  • edited August 2010
    lol you were wrong for once beneah lol ;) about 169 bb i think!!!!!!
    Posted by donkeyplop

I suck, it happens all the time.
  • edited August 2010
    lol you were wrong for once beneah lol ;) about 169 bb i think!!!!!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    lol £4.27 does not equal 169bb @ 2/4p, unless im avin a REALLY bad day and my brain is that shot!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: would you call this??? : lol £4.27 does not equal 169bb @ 2/4p, unless im avin a REALLY bad day and my brain is that shot!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    are you all being thick today or what???

look at my stack size!!!!
    donkeyplop Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.77
    that divided by 4 = 169 i win lol

and yes you must be having a bad bad day lol
  • edited August 2010
    Yes but the opponent who shoved only had a stack of £4.27, which means this is the most you can lose.

£4.27/4 = 106.75.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: would you call this??? : are you all being thick today or what??? look at my stack size!!!! donkeyplop Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £6.77 that divided by 4 = 169 i win lol and yes you must be having a bad bad day lol
    Posted by donkeyplop
    massive fail.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: would you call this??? : are you all being thick today or what??? look at my stack size!!!! donkeyplop Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £6.77 that divided by 4 = 169 i win lol and yes you must be having a bad bad day lol
    Posted by donkeyplop
    LOL @ this, look again ............
  • edited August 2010
    i see what you are saying but i never said how much id lose!

all im saying is how many blinds i had not how many i could lose..........................

i never was saying how many bb i could lose just stating how many i had thats all!!
  • edited August 2010
    Schnapps call.
  • edited August 2010
    i see what you are saying but i never said how much id lose! all im saying is how many blinds i had not how many i could lose.......................... i never was saying how many bb i could lose just stating how many i had thats all!!
    Posted by donkeyplop

Donkey there is a distinction to be made.

The amount you buy in for /in your stack is one thing, but 'effective stack size' is the shorter stack of the two in the hand as that is the max that either of you can put in this pot.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to would you call this???:
    im fairly deepstacked here
    Posted by donkeyplop
    THIS is all refering to and sorry for calling you thick lol!! too many shandies......

we have misunderstood each other here!!!!!!

surely if i have this many bb im deepstacked???

also my point is that i had quite alot of bb and wasnt sure if to call thats all.........

i knew if id called i wasnt calling off my whole stack.
  • edited August 2010

U cud have 7365xbbs plopper and it wudnt matter, coz he only has 100....

Your stack isn't an issue here, unless you mean you have made abit of profit, and u dont want to lose it?

In that case, you should have stood before the hand and sat at a new table with 4 squid again....
  • edited August 2010
    U cud have 7365xbbs plopper and it wudnt matter, coz he only has 100.... Your stack isn't an issue here, unless you mean you have made abit of profit, and u dont want to lose it? In that case, you should have stood before the hand and sat at a new table with 4 squid again....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yes this is all i meant.

as i said id been playing a bit tight due to bad luck lately.....................

blimey the forum wolves have bit me on this thread lol.
  • edited August 2010
    it's irrelevant whether u have £4.30, £43.00, or £430.00 infront of u, u shudnt b thinkin ooohhhh iv won a bit i'd like 2 keep this. I would say if you're thinking that ur playin 2 high, but u cnt play any lower! u shud b basing ur decision purely on what hands u think villain open ships with, and how Jacks play vs that range
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: would you call this??? : yes this is all i meant. as i said id been playing a bit tight due to bad luck lately..................... blimey the forum wolves have bit me on this thread lol.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    if you are basing your decisions on this then you need a break from playing.

Seriously, can't let past beats alter each situation as it comes up. You need to treat each situation separately and decide whether or not it is the right move, not whether you are scared to risk a bit of profit in case someone hits a 30%er against you or whatever.

• edited August 2010
    ok ty points taken!

of course i cant get any lower and maybe after a bad run i was scared to call it tbh sorry.

also i based my decision on the fact he had gone nuts and could of had any two cards.

so i folded im such a chicken.
  • edited August 2010
    Im an idiot so if my read was TILT holding JJ in cash wud call every day of the week! If he has over pair so be it!