You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top Football Flutters 14th/15th August 2010

edited August 2010 in The Football Corner
What are your tips for the coming weekend's football action?

I fancy Villa Win vs West Ham & Wigan/B'pool draw double circa 5/1.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    AUP!!!

IS IT WORTH A BIG BLIND OR WAT?????

;)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Top Football Flutters 14th/15th August 2010:
    What are your tips for the coming weekend's football action? I fancy Villa Win vs West Ham & Wigan/B'pool draw double circa 5/1.
    Posted by TheAAces
    My tip is to keep your hands in your pockets for the first 4 weeks of any season.

My 2nd tip is to not bet on football because it's the most unreliable betting sport out. Fact.

You really want a tip? Partick at home to Dundee at 17/10. Opening games often go to the home team. Dundee are big-shots heading for a big fall. Not a certainty but definitely value.
  • edited August 2010
    I agree Bandini, hard to know the condition of players and who will hit the ground running.

I will look at the Partick tip.
  • edited August 2010
    ur avatar picture thing looks like the indian flag
  • edited August 2010
    " DOHHHHHHH ?"  Need A couple of dead certs (lol) to get me going.
    And i reackon ur the man with the know.

• edited August 2010
    I wouldn't place any bets for the weekend until tomorrow evening at the earliest. There's too much team news to come in yet not to mention which players have made it back in one piece from last night's internationals.

To an extent I do agree with Bandini about the first few weeks of the season but I'm like most people & I just can't help myself! 

I'll post my selections up tomorrow evening
  • edited August 2010
    I used to bet 10 quid that Henry scored for Arsenal in the 90 minutes....i made a small fortune....now i just make my fortune playing 25p DYM games.
  • edited August 2010
    like some can't help myself i fancy my 10e accum as follows

everton
    wigan
    norwich
    swansea
    brentford
    plymouth  all to win returns around 770 euros

bash the bookie correct score  10*20p trebles
                                               5*20p4fold
                                               2 acuum  = 16bets ( 3 up a small return 4 good 5 jackpot   )

everton to win 2-1
    wigan 2-0
    ipswich 1-1
    norwich 2-1
    warford 1-1

ONE DAY......................I'LL GET THEM  good  luck all with bets
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Top Football Flutters 14th/15th August 2010:
    In Response to Top Football Flutters 14th/15th August 2010 : My tip is to keep your hands in your pockets for the first 4 weeks of any season. My 2nd tip is to not bet on football because it's the most unreliable betting sport out. Fact. You really want a tip? Partick at home to Dundee at 17/10. Opening games often go to the home team. Dundee are big-shots heading for a big fall. Not a certainty but definitely value.
    Posted by bandini
    bandini. The voice of reason.
  • edited August 2010
    I need Chelsea to win this evening for circa £142 return for my tenner. Come on you Blues!!!
    Selection Details
    Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes
    Football Barclays Premier League Chelsea v West Brom Match Result 14/08/2010 17:30 Chelsea @ 1/7
    Football Scottish Premier League Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Rangers (Win) @ 1/5
    Football Barclays Premier League Sunderland v Birmingham Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Draw (Win) @ 11/5
    Football Barclays Premier League Bolton v Fulham Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Draw (Win) @ 9/4
  • edited August 2010
    Good Shout Bandini, and Good Luck Filipsebo.
  • edited August 2010
    I need Chelsea to win this evening for circa £142 return for my tenner. Come on you Blues!!! Selection Details Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes Football Barclays Premier League Chelsea v West Brom Match Result 14/08/2010 17:30 Chelsea @ 1/7 Football Scottish Premier League Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Rangers ( Win ) @ 1/5 Football Barclays Premier League Sunderland v Birmingham Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Draw ( Win ) @ 11/5 Football Barclays Premier League Bolton v Fulham Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Draw ( Win ) @ 9/4
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    GOOD LUCK M8 IF CHELSEA DONT DO IT YOUVE SUUERED THE WORST BAD BEAT EVER LOL
  • edited August 2010
    Good Shout Bandini, and Good Luck Filipsebo.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Cheers Em. How did your mob get on against 10 Perthers with your international signings in front of 40,000 die hards? They surely won?
  • edited August 2010
    They drew mate, so when you consider they dismantled the flairmeisters at ER last season, its probably no a bad point.
  • edited August 2010
    They drew mate, so when you consider they dismantled the flairmeisters at ER last season, its probably no a bad point.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Puts you a point above us I suppose. For the 1st and last time this season. And that's only because we haven't played yet :-)

In all seriousness I reckon StJ are serious contenders for 3rd this season? I'm seriously planning seeking out odds on that. Good manager, unity. And if they can take the flairmeisters they can take anybody :-)
  • edited August 2010
    Just wish one of us could do the Ugly Sisters over. Lennon is a Goon and Rangers are do-able as well.

FFS Mad Vlad when Burley was in charge....Could have changed the whole face of Scottish football forever....and for the Better.

The best of the rest (players) cannot be cherry picked anymore....they are both skint and there for the taking (imo)

There have been more than a few decent Hibs and Hearts players headed West for way under their market value in the past.......NO MORE.
  • edited August 2010
    I need Chelsea to win this evening for circa £142 return for my tenner. Come on you Blues!!! Selection Details Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes Football Barclays Premier League Chelsea v West Brom Match Result 14/08/2010 17:30 Chelsea @ 1/7 Football Scottish Premier League Rangers v Kilmarnock Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Rangers ( Win ) @ 1/5 Football Barclays Premier League Sunderland v Birmingham Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Draw ( Win ) @ 11/5 Football Barclays Premier League Bolton v Fulham Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00 Draw ( Win ) @ 9/4
    Posted by FILIPSEBO
    Well Done mate, even I would struggle to fcuk this bet up from here!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Just wish one of us could do the Ugly Sisters over. Lennon is a Goon and Rangers are do-able as well. FFS Mad Vlad when Burley was in charge....Could have changed the whole face of Scottish football forever....and for the Better. The best of the rest (players) cannot be cherry picked anymore....they are both skint and there for the taking (imo) There have been more than a few decent Hibs and Hearts players headed West for way under their market value in the past.......NO MORE.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Amen my friend, amen. I lke Hearts far better than the OF. Far better. Hibs need Hearts, Hearts need Hibs. Without youse our season would be a lot emptier. Without them?! They've monopolised all the money and then complain because there's not enough competition? Imagine a select of the players Hibs have lost over the past 7yrs? Imagine a select of players we've both lost in the past 7 years?! I live in a small town and everybody's OF. Glory hunting (Can't get a suitable word past sky). I read an article in one of the broadsheets about how the OF were architechtures of their own downfall. It was right. And they (can't get a word past sky again) Scottish football right along with them.

I despise the OF. I'm not sure I'd want youse to win the league over them but it's close Em, it's close.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Top Football Flutters 14th/15th August 2010 : Well Done mate, even I would struggle to fcuk this bet up from here!!!!
    Posted by emilyegg
    Cheers, i decided about a month ago to restrict my gambling purely to poker and football as that's what i'm profitable in. This is a good start to the season.