You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sad people

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
I am used to some pretty unfriendly and fruity language on some other sites I have played but somehow when I am called something nasty for no good reason on Skypoker, it seems worse, especially as it was in the freeroll where no money is at stake. I shall resist the urge to name & shame but urge the bossmen to keep the site as the friendly site. Its what sets us apart.
Tho if you think i am being a soft wally feel free to say . I can take it ( I think ...)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to sad people:
    I am used to some pretty unfriendly and fruity language on some other sites I have played but somehow when I am called something nasty for no good reason on Skypoker, it seems worse, especially as it was in the freeroll where no money is at stake. I shall resist the urge to name & shame but urge the bossmen to keep the site as the friendly site. Its what sets us apart. Tho if you think i am being a soft wally feel free to say . I can take it ( I think ...)
    Posted by tiercel
    If you wish to keep this a "friendly site" the correct action to take is to report the offender to Customer Services. They will take the necessary action. Each person that witnesses unacceptable abuse and does nothing about it is allowing that abuse to continue.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: sad people:
    In Response to sad people : If you wish to keep this a "friendly site" the correct action to take is to report the offender to Customer Services. They will take the necessary action. Each person that witnesses unacceptable abuse and does nothing about it is allowing that abuse to continue.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Exactly this
  • edited August 2010
    Hey

As already suggested, please contact Customer Care who have access to the chat log an will take the appropriate action.

Many thanks

Sky Mod
  • edited August 2010
    I did report it when I put this mail up. Waiting for response  - just needed to have a growl in public.
     n Response to Re: sad people:
    Hey As already suggested, please contact Customer Care who have access to the chat log an will take the appropriate action. Many thanks Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_mod1
  • edited August 2010
    Good on ya grrrrrrrrrr
  • edited August 2010
    The subject comes up regularly and here's what I wrote the last time it did;

Is it just me that loves chatbox abuse? I think it's more fun than poker.

I've developed many techniques to deal with it. My favourite is to reply with random gibberish. A quick "tractor" followed by a "orange fruit pastiles" almost always makes them back off in fear.

Another good one is to apologise over and over relentlessly to the point that they totally ignore you. I then ask the player sitting beside them to apologise for me. I've even stalked players to their next tables to apologise. That really scares them off.

Chatbox abuse? Bring it on.

As they're fairly anonymous hiding behind an avatar then it pays to remember it's most likely some plooky wee kid that takes rap lyrics too literally. More importantly, as you're fairly anonymous hiding behind an avatar you can give it back in spades without fear of reprisal.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to sad people:
    I am used to some pretty unfriendly and fruity language on some other sites I have played but somehow when I am called something nasty for no good reason on Skypoker, it seems worse, especially as it was in the freeroll where no money is at stake. I shall resist the urge to name & shame but urge the bossmen to keep the site as the friendly site. Its what sets us apart. Tho if you think i am being a soft wally feel free to say . I can take it ( I think ...)
    Posted by tiercel
    if you think i am being a soft wally feel free to say . I can take it ( I think ...)

hi soft wally--Ive been getting a lot of this as well--(that makes two soft wallys)--

in fairness though ive been involved with some real fun chat here in the freerolls--
    i think most of the bad language is from kids--
    just ignore it--
  • edited August 2010
    It just points out to me the bad players

How many really good players on this site do you see giving abuse in the chatbox. I haven,t seen any. 

Normally they,re looking for a response. Sometimes if i,m in the mood I will respond myself as they usually just end up embarrising themselves anyway. The last thing to do is let it get to you and possibly affect your game