You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

really bad play.........or not?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mrBEN485 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.96
lindak Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.18
amaloser Sit out     
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Tyf0s Fold     
SUPERMA247 Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £3.68
mrBEN485 Raise  £0.28 £0.42 £3.68
lindak Fold     
SUPERMA247 Call  £0.22 £0.64 £3.46
Flop

mrBEN485 Bet  £0.36 £1.00 £3.32
SUPERMA247 Raise  £0.72 £1.72 £2.74
mrBEN485 Raise  £1.40 £3.12 £1.92
SUPERMA247 All-in  £2.74 £5.86 £0.00
mrBEN485 Call  £1.70 £7.56 £0.22
mrBEN485 Show
  • K
  • K

SUPERMA247 Show
  • K

Turn

River

SUPERMA247 Win Four 9s £7.00  £7.00

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Preflop raise could have been more 35-40p as once people raise anything they don't usually fold. C-bet should be bigger closer to pot, when he minraises you it's a very tricky spot and if he has the 9 he's probably making a mistake as he's broadcasting it to you. You make a decent reraise to find out where you are, but once he shoves you probably have to fold as there is a very low chance he does this with 7x or other PP.
  • edited August 2010
    3bet/folding flop is bad.

its pretty dry board so id just flat the minraise stack off on every turn card so he can bluff one more time
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: really bad play.........or not?:
    Preflop raise could have been more 35-40p as once people raise anything they don't usually fold. C-bet should be bigger closer to pot, when he minraises you it's a very tricky spot and if he has the 9 he's probably making a mistake as he's broadcasting it to you. You make a decent reraise to find out where you are, but once he shoves you probably have to fold as there is a very low chance he does this with 7x or other PP.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    bad advice.
  • edited August 2010
    Bet call flop, go broke on turn. Fun fun.
  • edited August 2010
    dont 3 bet the flop, the board is happy days for KK in a 3 bet pot....flat his raise and as said above stack off any turn.

3 betting this flop you are only getting worse hands to fold (worse pp/funky sd/bluffs) and usually only getting called by better hence why flatting his raise is best to keep in the hands we beat

bit naff being oop on turn but check/shove is prob best line
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    this is the answer to your question
  • edited August 2010
    cnt say anymore than lol, bean and lynx already have
  • edited August 2010

wow my first post-thread thingymabob and i got multiple replies. cheers guys really appreciated,

soz if this sounds a little silly but what exactly does "stack of the turn" mean ,im fairly new to poker and trying to look back and analyse hands etc for the first time .tbh i dont think im up to scratch on mi poker jargon really

now this hand really got to me and its dented my confidence in  my playing for the time being ive not played a hand since this one. not sure how to just move on, its like i now feel im just gunna get put in one of these set ups again and lose my stack .any advice???

• edited August 2010
    stack off, means get your stack in. ie get all your chippies in.

The best advice is to realise THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN

AND AGAIN

AND LOADS MORE TIMES.

If you want to play poker accept that the best hand loses, and that even when you love your hand you wont neccessarily have the best hand. Keep posting and trying to get better. Gl at the tables.
  • edited August 2010
    stack off, means get your stack in. ie get all your chippies in. The best advice is to realise THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND LOADS MORE TIMES. If you want to play poker accept that the best hand loses, and that even when you love your hand you wont neccessarily have the best hand. Keep posting and trying to get better. Gl at the tables.
    Posted by beaneh
    It may make you cry a little at times also :(

Gl at the tables m8 and as beaneh says keep posting :)