You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Football Bets 13th - 17th

edited August 2010 in The Football Corner
Hi guys.

Picked up a nice win on the number of corners in the England match so with confidence high here are my selections for the weekend.

£10 single
 Npower League1Leyton Orient v CharltonMatch Result 13/08/2010 19:45Charlton @ 11/8
6 x 5fold @ £1 aline pays £108.
FootballBarclays Premier LeagueWolves v StokeUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13
FootballBarclays Premier LeagueLiverpool v ArsenalUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 15/08/2010 16:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/4
FootballNpower ChampionshipBarnsley v Crystal PalaceUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13
FootballNpower ChampionshipPortsmouth v ReadingUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6
FootballNpower ChampionshipSheff. Utd v Q.P.R.Under/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13
FootballNpower League1Huddersfield v TranmereUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6
5 X 4fold @ £1 aline pays £42
FootballBarclays Premier LeagueMan. Utd v NewcastleUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 16/08/2010 20:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
FootballBarclays Premier LeagueChelsea v West BromUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 17:30Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/15
FootballNpower ChampionshipSwansea v PrestonUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
FootballNpower ChampionshipDoncaster v Bristol CityUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
FootballNpower ChampionshipScunthorpe v NorwichUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 14/08/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ evens
£1 acca on all under/over pays £453

Will have a look at teams for wins tomorrow.

Be lucky

achill

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Bring on the Premier league. I'm feeling reasonably confident that we can get something from Villa Park tomorrow (although not so confident that I'll put my money on it, lol).

With the Premier league starting tomorrow we're now back in full swing for another long season of thrills, spills & childish player tantrums.

On to the betting & it's 2 acca's for me.

Main Acca:

Brighton to beat Rochdale (H) @ 8/13
    Peterborough to beat Bournemouth (A) @ 5/4
    Huddersfield to beat Tranmere (H) @ 4/9
    Bradford to beat Stevenage (H) @ evens

These 4 are paying a very healthy 9/1.

As has been stated elsewhere previously, betting in the early weeks of a season is very tricky as you pretty much have only your gut instinct to go by. It should stop me but fortunately for the bookies it doesn't.

Gus Poyet has the makings of a decent side at this level in Brighton. They got off to a flyer last week with a 2-1 win away at Swindon & despite losing 2-0 to Northampton in the League cup in midweek they should be too strong for Rochdale.
    Another tough match awaits Bournemouth on their return to this level & Peterborough are hopeful that Aaron Mclean will be fit to start. Peterborough are expected to be pushing for promotion come May & if they're to find themselves in that position then it's these sort of games they're gonna have to win.
    Huddersfield were simply awesome at home last year only losing one in the league all season which came at the hands of champions Norwich. They've got themselves of to a good start to the season winning 3-0 away at newly promoted Notts Co last week & a league cup win away at Carlisle in midweek. Tranmere are expected to struggle again this season & they got off to a bad start losing 2-1 at home to Oldham last weekend.
    Bradford were the pre season favourites to win this division but they tripped up last week. Despite taking the lead at Shrewsbury they eventually lost the game 3-1 courtesy of a Jake Robinson hat trick. However they seemed to get themselves back on track in midweek where they managed to get past Nottingham Forest in the League cup & they now come up against league new boys Stevenage. Boro' managed a 2-2 draw at home to Macclesfield in the 1st ever football league game at the Lamex Stadium but I can't see them getting any joy from this game. 

Long Shot Acca:

Bolton/Fulham - DRAW @ 9/4
    Wolves/Stoke - DRAW @ 9/4
    Sunderland to beat Birmingham (H) @ 6/5
    Norwich to beat Scunthorpe (A) @ 7/4
    Swansea to beat Preston (H) @ 5/6

These 5 a paying a massive 116/1 so it does exactly what it says on the tin but I'm willing to risk a quid here.

Hopefully we won't have a repeat of last week when Bristol City & Reading pretty much let everyone down.

Happy betting peeps

Jay
  • edited August 2010
    Yes.

Up and running.

Charlton win and i had a £5 on 5-7 corners at 7/2 which also came in.

Right, lets look at that coupon for tomorrow.
  • edited August 2010
    What does people think about port vale at home to chesterfield? healthy 11/10 price... thoughts?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Bets 13th - 17th:
    Yes. Up and running.   Charlton win and i had a £5 on 5-7 corners at 7/2 which also came in. Right, lets look at that coupon for tomorrow.
    Posted by achill
    Nice One.

Here are the details of my first full donation of the season.

PREM  Aston Villa v West Ham.........Villa @ evens
    CHP   Swansea v Preston...............Swansea @ 5/6
    LG1    Plymouth v Carlisle..............Plymouth @ 4/5
    LG1    Huddersfield v Tranmere......Huddersfield to score 2+ @ 8/13
    LG1    Hartlepool v Swindon............Hartlepool @ 6/4
    LG2    Northampton v Accy Stanley..Cobblers @ 8/11
    CONF  Darlington v Newport............Darlington @ 5/6
    CONF  York v Cant Remember........York @ 8/11
    SCP    Hearts v St Johnstone..........Hearts to score 2+ @ even

9 x 8 folds and an accumulator.
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HAVING A BET ON SATURDAY.
  • edited August 2010
    Something worth considering at the start of a a season is first goalscorers when strikers are making their debuts at clubs...

Last week Iwelumo scored first for Burnley, Morrison was first goal scorer for Sheffield Wednesday (it was second goal of game but first was own goal so doesn't count) and I think there were others.

Tomorrow there are a host of strikers making debuts in the Premiership - it might be worth a small flutter in a yankee (4 scorers/11 bets) or Canadian (5 scorers, 31 bets).

I've had a number of linked bets (only costing £2.50) which could yield a tidy sum if they come off!
  • edited August 2010
    Your all wrong  - Preston to win
  • edited August 2010
    What does people think about port vale at home to chesterfield? healthy 11/10 price... thoughts?
    Posted by Rhodesey88
    I picked this game out, for a " Both teams to score bet."
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys

After last nights success i've been studying the coupon and its not overflowing with obvious winners at decent odds but here goes.

5 x 4fold@ £1 aline pays £58
    FootballNpower League1Brighton v RochdaleMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Brighton @ 8/13
    FootballNpower League1Bournemouth v PeterboroughMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Peterborough @ 5/4
    FootballNpower League1Huddersfield v TranmereMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Huddersfield @ 4/9
    FootballNpower League1Plymouth v CarlisleMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Plymouth @ 4/5
    FootballNpower ChampionshipWatford v CoventryMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Watford @ 5/4
    canadian 26 bets at 10p aline pays £150
    £1 acca pays £402
     Barclays Premier LeagueSunderland v BirminghamMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 11/5
    FootballNpower ChampionshipMillwall v HullMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 12/5
    FootballNpower League1Colchester v Sheff. WedMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 12/5
    FootballNpower League2Barnet v Burton AlbionMatch Result 14/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 12/5
    FootballNpower ChampionshipLeicester v Middlesbro'Match Result 14/08/2010 15:00Draw @ 11/5
    Also put £5 ew on mcllroy for pga @ 6/1

Chelsea to score 3+ goals is 10/11 so i might have a few bob on that as i Chelsea have been known to open a season with a hatful.

Whatever your bets this weekend be lucky.

achill
  • edited August 2010
    Right todays bets,

Goal from both teams in the following matches

Blacburn v Everton
    Barnsley v Palace
    Leicester v Boro
    Watford v Coventy
    Colchester v Sheff wed
    MK Dons v Southampton
    Macclesfield v Shrewsbury

Had a tenner it paid about 60/1 i think

Also had a fiver on

Everton 11/8
    Stoke 2/1
    middlesboro 7/4
    Peterborugh 6/5
    Sheff Wed 6/4

Which kinda goes against my first bet as i dont really wnat the home teams scoring, and i have 3 of them matches in my first bet.

and finally another fiver on

Wigan 4/5
    Brighton 4/6
    Huddersfield 1/2
    Plymouth 8/11
    Bradford 5/6
    Northmapton 4/5
    Hearts 5/6
    Rangers 2/9
    Chelseas 1/5
    Man Utd 2/9

All bets with a well known bookie that sounds like Wet Bred

Be lucky all

Gareth
  • edited August 2010
    Right todays bets, Goal from both teams in the following matches Blacburn v Everton Barnsley v Palace Leicester v Boro Watford v Coventy Colchester v Sheff wed MK Dons v Southampton Macclesfield v Shrewsbury Had a tenner it paid about 60/1 i think Also had a fiver on Everton 11/8 Stoke 2/1 middlesboro 7/4 Peterborugh 6/5 Sheff Wed 6/4 Which kinda goes against my first bet as i dont really wnat the home teams scoring, and i have 3 of them matches in my first bet. and finally another fiver on Wigan 4/5 Brighton 4/6 Huddersfield 1/2 Plymouth 8/11 Bradford 5/6 Northmapton 4/5 Hearts 5/6 Rangers 2/9 Chelseas 1/5 Man Utd 2/9 All bets with a well known bookie that sounds like Wet Bred Be lucky all Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Lol, Well Done Gareth. Good One.
  • edited August 2010
    big outsider today we can wish

Aston Villa v West HamWest Ham @ 3/1 hopeing villa lose it now manager goneWigan v BlackpoolBlackpool @ 7/2 blackpool will be well up for itWolves v StokeStoke @ 9/4  stoke will kick players and ball in the netDoncaster v Bristol CityBristol City @ 3/1 city 2 come out fighting without mangerWatford v CoventryWatford @ 11/10 and cry if Plymouth v CarlislePlymouth @ 4/5 this two lose

pays over 800 4 a £1 done a 5 fold to
  • edited August 2010

Its getting late (2.50pm) but ive just had a couple of quid on Zigic for last goalscorer in Birmingham match. He is on the bench, but no doubt they will throw the big centre forward on toward the end if they are losing -

Got 13/2 at Skybet 

I know blackpool will be up for it, but with their best 2 players from last season going back to their respective clubs and being a Lancs Derby I can,t see Wigan messing this one up .

• edited August 2010
    Its getting late (2.50pm) but ive just had a couple of quid on Zigic for last goalscorer in Birmingham match. He is on the bench, but no doubt they will throw the big centre forward on toward the end if they are losing -   Got 13/2 at Skybet  I know blackpool will be up for it, but with their best 2 players from last season going back to their respective clubs and being a Lancs Derby I can,t see Wigan messing this one up .
    Posted by MP33
    To be fair neither could i, but sigh thats one bet down already, and 2 of my teams in my other bet 2.0 down as well grrrrrrrrr
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Bets 13th - 17th : To be fair neither could i, but sigh thats one bet down already, and 2 of my teams in my other bet 2.0 down as well grrrrrrrrr
    Posted by 35suited
    lol - 3-0 now -  And to compound that Preston are 4 down - What do I know? (should never have got rid of Alan Irvine)  I fear a relegation battle already
  • edited August 2010
    Right todays bets, Goal from both teams in the following matches Blacburn v Everton Barnsley v Palace Leicester v Boro Watford v Coventy Colchester v Sheff wed MK Dons v Southampton Macclesfield v Shrewsbury Had a tenner it paid about 60/1 i think Also had a fiver on Everton 11/8 Stoke 2/1 middlesboro 7/4 Peterborugh 6/5 Sheff Wed 6/4 Which kinda goes against my first bet as i dont really wnat the home teams scoring, and i have 3 of them matches in my first bet. and finally another fiver on Wigan 4/5 Brighton 4/6 Huddersfield 1/2 Plymouth 8/11 Bradford 5/6 Northmapton 4/5 Hearts 5/6 Rangers 2/9 Chelseas 1/5 Man Utd 2/9 All bets with a well known bookie that sounds like Wet Bred Be lucky all Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Well what a load of craaap that was, 0 out of 5 on the aways, 2 out of 8 on the homes and 2 out of 7 on the both teams to score, gunna get me money back tho :)

Gone for

Fc Twente 1/2
    Az AlkMaaar 4/7
    Marseille Evens
    Barcelona 5/4
  • edited August 2010

Well the under/overs and home/aways crashed and burned but 4 out of 5 draws in my canadian came in for £33.

Looking for some value in the chelsea match i've decided to gamble that £33 @ 10/11 on chelsea winning the handicap corner count starting on -4.

Can't see wba getting out of their half so hopefully it will be a nice double up.

Be lucky

achill

• edited August 2010
    A proper lousy day today. Only Bradford won from my 4 main picks, West Ham got a proper hiding up at Villa Park (by all accounts we were lucky to get 0) & to top it all off I've got a stinking cold.

Don't you just loves days like today, lol?
  • edited August 2010
    HAHAHA chelsea had more goals than corners and i even said about backing chelsea to score 3+ at the same odds in a earlier post.

At 2-0 i knew there were lots more goals so put £60 on over 3.5 goals at 4/6 so got my money back with a small profit.

Over all its been a good couple of days, i hope i'm not the only happy punter, i have'nt seen many happy posts on here so far.

achill
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Football Bets 13th - 17th : Well what a load of craaap that was, 0 out of 5 on the aways, 2 out of 8 on the homes and 2 out of 7 on the both teams to score, gunna get me money back tho :) Gone for Fc Twente 1/2 Az AlkMaaar 4/7 Marseille Evens Barcelona 5/4
    Posted by 35suited
    Marsille 3-0 down to Valenciennes??? who da **** are they?? i give up!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Luckily i didn,t back Preston today but the only bet I had was a cpl of quid on Zigic to score last.

Looking at the scores i,m glad I didn,t have a serious punt today. On the plus side I backed Cardiff pre-season on the handicapp betting for the Championship - £13 to win £300 with +12 points. (might have to wait a while but think they,ll win it this year after coming so close in last few years)

Has anyone got drogba down for their fantasy team? He looks like having another gr8 season

Found a good site that might help ppl with their bets and transfers for fantasy league -

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
  • edited August 2010
    Had a small flutter on the 2 live games today.

Forest/Leeds & Liverpool/Arsenal both over 2.5 goals

The double's paying 18/5