You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF"

edited August 2010 in Area 51

Bryan and i were playing cards 2 day and were met by constant whinging about this our beloved site.Its fixed to make more action, and therefore sky more money etc was the cry.Of course everyone has there own opinion on this delicate matter.But the guy in question has a bit of knowledge on the subject and made some good points.The main point being that i quote "nowhere on this site does it state that the poker cards dealt by a random card generator".Any brainiacs out there please feel welcome to enlighten us with your wisdom to try and put everyones mind at rest,  would be more than welcome.By the way,on the slots section it does state this random generator device thingy.I (we) believe in the random scenario,but out there theres so much confusion we are now formerly asking the powers that be from sky to state if or not the cards are randomly generated by this random generator thingy or not.This needs to be put to bed for once and for all,AND THATS THAT.yours bryan oryan (private investigator(s).

Comments

• edited August 2010
    all i can say is " i hope so"
  • edited August 2010
    I cant see how it is randomly generated as each deal is already pre-determined so when that deal was installed in the generator the outcome was already KNOWN surely.It is up to the players to DECIDE whether to continue in the HAND or not.Whereas in LIVE poker nobody KNOWS what the outcome can possibly be,If this is WRONG then someone please enlighten me as this is what i have come to understand,dav
  • edited August 2010
    This site doesn't use a software RnG, Hand Picker Harry does it all himself.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF":
    I cant see how it is randomly generated as each deal is already pre-determined so when that deal was installed in the generator the outcome was already KNOWN surely.It is up to the players to DECIDE whether to continue in the HAND or not.Whereas in LIVE poker nobody KNOWS what the outcome can possibly be,If this is WRONG then someone please enlighten me as this is what i have come to understand,dav
    Posted by dav1964
    if each deal is pre determined ,that itself could lead to the powers that be to make lots of interesting hands out there in order to generate action,as the conspiracy theorists suggest,interesting,indeed
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF":
    This site doesn't use a software RnG, Hand Picker Harry does it all himself.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    harry the chips ramsden,is that the 1?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF":
    Bryan and i were playing cards 2 day and were met by constant whinging about this our beloved site.Its fixed to make more action, and therefore sky more money etc was the cry.Of course everyone has there own opinion on this delicate matter.But the guy in question has a bit of knowledge on the subject and made some good points.The main point being that i quote "nowhere on this site does it state that the poker cards dealt by a random card generator".Any brainiacs out there please feel welcome to enlighten us with your wisdom to try and put everyones mind at rest,  would be more than welcome.By the way,on the slots section it does state this random generator device thingy.I (we) believe in the random scenario,but out there theres so much confusion we are now formerly asking the powers that be from sky to state if or not the cards are randomly generated by this random generator thingy or not.This needs to be put to bed for once and for all,AND THATS THAT.yours bryan oryan (private investigator(s).
    Posted by bryan1960
    The following text has been copy/pasted from this very site - enjoy :)

We've been somewhat surprised by the popularity of discussions focused on randomness or fairness of our poker application.

As stated elsehwere our software is fully independently tested (by industry-leading experts) and we're regulated by the AGCC - however maybe there's little point to going over this again.

So - we thought we'd provide a dedicated area for our conspiracy theorists to get things off their chest, maybe feel better and still continue to play on our site!

I'll leave you with a wee thought...

Q. What does the random number generator in our poker software actually do?

A. It shuffles (very effectively) 52 cards once per hand - and once only

That's all really.

For example - if there are 6 people seated at the table - the software shuffles the cards - then deals 2 cards per player and the three flop cards.

Which players then fold, call or bet is irrelevent - the turn card is the same card that was next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example it would be the 16th card (given the numbers seated at the table before the hand was dealt).

The same applies to the river card - it is the card that is next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example the river card would be the 17th card in the deck from the original shuffle.

So the question is - with only one shuffle per hand  and no randomisation between the flop, turn and river cards being dealt - plus no prior knowledge (how could we?) of which players will fold - bluff, slow play etc - how do we still manage to produce all these bad beats?

Answers on a postcard...

• edited August 2010
    In Response to BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF":
    Posted by bryan1960

You and "the guy" obviously carried out a thorough investigation.

You could try reading this and this.

You could also find these links included in many other equally pointless threads.

It's remarkable how this forum has survived without you, really.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF" : The following text has been copy/pasted from this very site - enjoy :) We've been somewhat surprised by the popularity of discussions focused on randomness or fairness of our poker application. As stated elsehwere our software is fully independently tested (by industry-leading experts) and we're regulated by the AGCC - however maybe there's little point to going over this again. So - we thought we'd provide a dedicated area for our conspiracy theorists to get things off their chest, maybe feel better and still continue to play on our site! I'll leave you with a wee thought... Q. What does the random number generator in our poker software actually do? A. It shuffles (very effectively) 52 cards once per hand - and once only That's all really. For example - if there are 6 people seated at the table - the software shuffles the cards - then deals 2 cards per player and the three flop cards. Which players then fold, call or bet is irrelevent - the turn card is the same card that was next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example it would be the 16th card (given the numbers seated at the table before the hand was dealt). The same applies to the river card - it is the card that is next in the deck from the original shuffle. In this example the river card would be the 17th card in the deck from the original shuffle. So the question is - with only one shuffle per hand  and no randomisation between the flop, turn and river cards being dealt - plus no prior knowledge (how could we?) of which players will fold - bluff, slow play etc - how do we still manage to produce all these bad beats? Answers on a postcard...
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Well the shuffles VERY EFFECTIVELY bit makes my mind boggle ;o)
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by dav1964
    does this make sense to anyone?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF" : does this make sense to anyone?
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Well i thought that the rng generated a random deal,meaning if 2,000,000 deals are in the rng it will randomly deal one of these.If the cards were shuffled surely it would be near on impossible for the same kind of sequences or patterns of flops eg=three of same suit on flop to keep on appearing as many times as all can visibly observe.
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by bryan1960
    Thank **** you are both back Bryans.
  • edited August 2010
    yeah where have you been brian and i??

i thought you had been banned.................
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF" : You and "the guy" obviously carried out a thorough investigation. You could try reading this and this . You could also find these links included in many other equally pointless threads. It's remarkable how this forum has survived without you, really.
    Posted by MereNovice
    like weve told you before lord snooty,youve been well named
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF" : like weve told you before lord snooty,youve been well named
    Posted by bryan1960
    PMSL Bryan. Give my regards to Bryan as well.
  • edited August 2010
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm meresnooty.............................
  • edited August 2010
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm meresnooty.............................
    Posted by donkeyplop
    lol m8
  • edited August 2010
    what odds would you to being dealt the same 2 cards in 3 conecutive hands? happened to me this week....2+5 of hearts!
  • edited August 2010
    not sure m8 maybe its a case for mulder and skully???????
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF" : Well i thought that the rng generated a random deal,meaning if 2,000,000 deals are in the rng it will randomly deal one of these.If the cards were shuffled surely it would be near on impossible for the same kind of sequences or patterns of flops eg=three of same suit on flop to keep on appearing as many times as all can visibly observe.
    Posted by dav1964
    im pretty sure an RNG has numbers for each individual card, not a set number of boards & cards as that would actually be rigged.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF" : im pretty sure an RNG has numbers for each individual card, not a set number of boards & cards as that would actually be rigged.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Oh i see m8,perhaps ive misunderstood then.If that is the case then tyvm for tellin me.Yeah i suppose your theory does indeed seem more logical.Best of luck  m8y,dav
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 6 "RANDOM GENERATOR CARD DEALING TYPE STUFF" : im pretty sure an RNG has numbers for each individual card, not a set number of boards & cards as that would actually be rigged.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    On Sky Poker, the RNG does not have numbers for each individual card, it has a number for every possible combination of cards. This is determined at the start of the hand. It is a very large number.