You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

No history/reads, wud u make this call? agh!!

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jogar123 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £36.28
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £72.88
  Your hole cards
  • K

jorge670 Fold     
toffee1878 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £4.85
jogar123 Call  £0.15 £0.90 £36.13
DOHHHHHHH Check     
Flop

jogar123 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £0.90 £1.80 £71.98
toffee1878 Call  £0.90 £2.70 £3.95
jogar123 Call  £0.90 £3.60 £35.23
Turn

jogar123 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £3.00 £6.60 £68.98
toffee1878 Fold     
jogar123 Call  £3.00 £9.60 £32.23
River

jogar123 Bet  £6.60 £16.20 £25.63
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to No history/reads, wud u make this call? agh!!:
    . Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance jogar123 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £36.28 DOHHHHHHH Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £72.88   Your hole cards K 9       jorge670 Fold         toffee1878 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £4.85 jogar123 Call   £0.15 £0.90 £36.13 DOHHHHHHH Check         Flop     5 8 9       jogar123 Check         DOHHHHHHH Bet   £0.90 £1.80 £71.98 toffee1878 Call   £0.90 £2.70 £3.95 jogar123 Call   £0.90 £3.60 £35.23 Turn     3       jogar123 Check         DOHHHHHHH Bet   £3.00 £6.60 £68.98 toffee1878 Fold         jogar123 Call   £3.00 £9.60 £32.23 River     6       jogar123 Bet   £6.60 £16.20 £25.63 DOHHHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

he has a suited a7 ;)

i dont call there tbh, far too straighty.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah too staighty, defo fold. He could have anything as it's unraised, plus looks like a value bet to me.
  • edited August 2010

Yeh but just coz its a straighty board, do you have to give the guy credit for a straight?

What hand do you think he has been calling me with that got there on the river?

Did he have it all along and was trying to milk me?

And the size of his bet - does it matter that it looks like a value bet? - If he was bluffing, this wud also be the perfect bet size right?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: No history/reads, wud u make this call? agh!!:
    Yeah too staighty, defo fold. He could have anything as it's unraised, plus looks like a value bet to me.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    hmmmm did he just slow play you all the way to river with the 67?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: No history/reads, wud u make this call? agh!! : hmmmm did he just slow play you all the way to river with the 67?
    Posted by TopTopGun
    A 8 clubs, he may putting you on flush draw he would be happy to let you build the pot as he has nut draw, the draw is busted so thinks his 8 is good. I would be calling you have the odds and if your beat well you have paid for info for next time.
  • edited August 2010

Why wud u old tho?

What hand do u think he has?

He hasnt shown strength at any stage until the river, so you suddenly have to believe him??

Surely u can't be that nitty?

What hand do u think he has?
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    Yeh but just coz its a straighty board, do you have to give the guy credit for a straight?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    No but you've shown strength the whole way and I wouldn't give an unknown 30NL player credit to be able to bluff this card oop with a flush draw or turn a worse hand into a bluff, I'm pretty sure he's nearly always got a 7 here.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: No history/reads, wud u make this call? agh!! : No but you've shown strength the whole way and I wouldn't give an unknown 30NL player credit to be able to bluff this card oop with a flush draw or turn a worse hand into a bluff, I'm pretty sure he's nearly always got a 7 here.
    Posted by yb
    If you had a 7 would you not want to put end to the flush draw, why bet so small? Ac7c makes sense if he has a 7
  • edited August 2010
    Yeh but just coz its a straighty board, do you have to give the guy credit for a straight? What hand do you think he has been calling me with that got there on the river? Did he have it all along and was trying to milk me? And the size of his bet - does it matter that it looks like a value bet? - If he was bluffing, this wud also be the perfect bet size right?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

he limped the btn and now wants to start bluffing off large parts of his stack with missed draws? Doubt it. he can have tonnes of pair and straight draw hands that have now got there. 
  • edited August 2010
    did he have 6 3??????????????????????

like the guy vs my kings?? :)

imo he was slow playing  67...................................
  • edited August 2010
    judging by notes he has hit just the gutshot,  whats worse is i've paid him 3 times(don't think i'll ever learn so i obv call here ), if u can isolate him, overbet pot too on drawy boards, he'll pay...
  • edited August 2010
    What hand do you think he has been calling me with that got there on the river? Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    9-8, 9-7, 8-7, 6-7, 5-7, 7-7, 10-7, 6-6, any two club combo's of A-7 K-7 Q-7 J-7 10-7...etc

IMO its not a good spot to bluff catch
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: No history/reads, wud u make this call? agh!! : he limped the btn and now wants to start bluffing off large parts of his stack with missed draws? Doubt it. he can have tonnes of pair and straight draw hands that have now got there. 
    Posted by Amazing286
    He actually limped in the SB, which is about as "any 2" as DOHHH in the BB, he could easily have rivered 2 pair or the str8. At this level a play like that means he has spiked what he wanted on the river, otherwise he check calls again. You have put in 4.20 I dont think you should put in another 6.60 on a hope he is bluffing. FOLD
  • edited August 2010
    i dunno , tough one certainly repping the flush draw but reckon he has hit either two pair or set here

be interesting hand for them to show tonight thats for sure
  • edited August 2010
    Why has he let Dohhhhhhhh have a cheap Flush draw, with any over pair, two pair or trips/set he wants to put an end to any flush draw or least make him pay for it assuming as he is playing 30nl he has a half decent poker brain. So if you had the nut flush draw and a pair which can only be the 8, he is putting dohhhhhh on a draw too the only hand you can put him on is Ac 8c. Now if he had a 9? he would again be looking to limit the pot, he may think he is ahead on the river in this case only the only hand to worry about is A9, is the value bet not value but a blocker?

Dohhhhhhh if you had imposed a limpers tax on the flop we would have a better idea where we was m8 IMO
  • edited August 2010
    Lol what is the chat all about with the limpers tax?

We've obviously got a station on the button who is going to call our pre-flop raise (he is limping the button f.f.s!) then we're going to have to play a very mediocre hand out of position with still no information.

BTW It's a stone wall fold tbh.

• edited August 2010
    Lol what is the chat all about with the limpers tax? We've obviously got a station on the button who is going to call our pre-flop raise (he is limping the button f.f.s!) then we're going to have to play a very mediocre hand out of position with still no information. BTW It's a stone wall fold tbh.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Any of the players talking about raising the limpers in this spot want to put forward their side??
  • edited August 2010
    I like a raise preflop!

The button has limped and is also a shortstack we have a high card and pair draw lets build the pot against him, if he folds happy days if not oh well there isn't much we're exposed to even when we get all in. The small blind has completed indicating a weak hand at best so raise and punish him and quite often get folds regardless of whether the short stack calls. :-0 edit if the sb calls then we have him on a more defined range than before and we have position and deepish stacks. happy days.