You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big players

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
How many of the big players on this website, i mean not the size they bet but the ones who've gone vegas and get the big headlines could win an August freerole,

I'll say now that it would be impossible for them to win one from now untill end of August/ FACT.

Comments

• edited August 2010

I agree if lolufold played everyone of the august freerolls this month, he wud be unlikely to win, or even final table 1 of them

What duz this tell ya about tourny poker?
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    I don't think any of them will be bothered to waste their time playing freerolls. I just spent over 2 hours playing in the lunchtime FR, came 12th out of over 1,500. My prize was £1.40, I'm not moaning about it, but a big player who's been to Vegas just won't be interested.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Big players:
    How many of the big players on this website, i mean not the size they bet but the ones who've gone vegas and get the big headlines could win an August freerole, I'll say now that it would be impossible for them to win one from now untill end of August/ FACT.
    Posted by MadHorse
    Ive won a 800 runner one before,does this make me a DERBY WINNER or a NOVICE PLATER? ;o)
  • edited August 2010
    GaryQQQ is right.  The big players just aren't interested.  It takes 3 to 4 hours play to win a pound or two.  The top cash players, like DOHHHHHHH, Lolufold and the rest can win 50 times that much, and more, in a couple of hands, sometimes.  Why would they bother?

Having said that, these tourneys are not designed for top players as such.  They're put on for the beginners or those that play poker primarily for entertainment rather than gain.  In that sense, they do serve a purpose.

...and, yes, I am registered for the 7pm FR tonight..lol