You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it time for me to grow some balls and step up a level??

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
right ive now been playing cash for a few months after converting from dyms.

i had built up £120 from dyms which i cashed out all but £5.

I have built up a roll from £5 to over £100 from 2p/4p

ive got to know who the regs/better players are at this level so know who to avoid :)

question is do i now move up? or should i stick at this level making a small profit while learning the joys of cash??

Comments

• edited August 2010
    nl30 is a good level to get to. a mix of good regs and total ATMs. 

at least you wont get megadonked too often unless dohhhhhhh feels fruity with 74d again (dig dig dig)
  • edited August 2010
    lol neons, i didn't think u wud over-shove like that for value, it had to be a bluff/semi bluff.

I was weary of a pp between the high card on the board and a 4....

Plopper, from the clinic, ur making some pretty obvious mistakes, which I reckon were due to ur bad run/lack of confidence, moving up will just amplify these mistakes......

U can get away with them, and show a profit anyway, but id wait till ur on top of ur game/in good form before u move up.

The probz r easy to fix and will take 5 mins btw - but u need to sort them :)
  • edited August 2010
    no hate but from your start posts in poker clinich I would stay were you are for another month, a downswing at 10nl and your whole BR is gone.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is it time for me to grow some balls and step up a level??:
    lol neons, i didn't think u wud over-shove like that for value, it had to be a bluff/semi bluff. I was weary of a pp between the high card on the board and a 4.... Plopper, from the clinic, ur making some pretty obvious mistakes, which I reckon were due to ur bad run/lack of confidence, moving up will just amplify these mistakes...... U can get away with them, and show a profit anyway, but id wait till ur on top of ur game/in good form before u move up. The probz r easy to fix and will take 5 mins btw - but u need to sort them :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    well you were going to help me out im still up for the help m8............

also i could do with getting away from these hands lol

think im going to stick here as these beats would hurt more higher up lol!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
      Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.48
      Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

donkeyplop Raise   £0.20 £0.26 £3.23
      Call   £0.20 £0.46 £1.77

Fold        
      Fold        
      Fold        
    Flop

donkeyplop Bet   £0.52 £0.98 £2.71
      All-in   £1.77 £2.75 £0.00
    donkeyplop Call   £1.25 £4.00 £1.46
    donkeyplop Show
    • K
    • K

Show

Turn

River

• J

Win Two Pairs, 7s and 4s £3.70   £3.70
  • edited August 2010
    Grow some ya **** ;o) seriously though yeah get outta 2/4 just move up to maybe 5/10 and see how it goes.You must know yourself that ure not rolled enough for 10/20 even,dav
  • edited August 2010
    That hand above just amplifys why you should get outta 2/4,far to many callers come along for only 20p
  • edited August 2010
    That hand above just amplifys why you should get outta 2/4,far to many callers come along for only 20p
    Posted by dav1964
    Isn't that good? Getting your money in as a big favourite?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is it time for me to grow some balls and step up a level?? : Isn't that good? Getting your money in as a big favourite?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    NO and you know its not,lucky for him he only got 1 caller for 20p.Normally everyone would come along for the ride.Still a FAV then is he?
  • edited August 2010
    raise more than 20p then.......
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is it time for me to grow some balls and step up a level?? : NO and you know its not,lucky for him he only got 1 caller for 20p.Normally everyone would come along for the ride.Still a FAV then is he?
    Posted by dav1964
    The majority of micro stakes players pretty tight tbh. Why is it not good to get your money in as a big favourite, I don't understand? If everyone called then he will still probably have the best hand preflop and have the greatest chance of winning if it was checked down to the river. I'm confused, why is it bad to get your money in as a big favourite?
  • edited August 2010
    lol @ the advice of not wanting to get it in with kings there
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Exactly get it in,not for 20p as dohhh has noted,he had far too many possible callers out there.Blackfish wot you mean tight players at this level? you windin me up or what man? loool.Shanxta are u a plum or just cant understand wot i meant exactly? dohhh understood it fine.Then again dohhh is a quality player,nuff said i think,dav
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Loool at ure USUAL comment of totally missin the point of what i meant,AGAIN ........(sigh)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is it time for me to grow some balls and step up a level?? : Loool at ure USUAL comment of totally missin the point of what i meant,AGAIN ........(sigh)
    Posted by dav1964
    i'm honoured u replied to me twice, ty

there is nothin wrong wiv open raising 5x UTG wiv KK
  • edited August 2010

I just meant u adapt ur opening raise size to adjust to the players at the table.

With KK I wanna get as much money in as possible pre flop, if im raising 5x and getting 5 callers every-time, I wud raise 7x next time.

If I then get 4 callers, i'll make it 9x the time after, and keep going, until I find out how much the guys are willing to pay to see a flop.

Shudnt take long to figure out.

Im not trying to take the pot pre flop - just get as much money in as I can, and thin the field to play a flop 2/3 handed. 

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is it time for me to grow some balls and step up a level?? : i'm honoured u replied to me twice, ty there is nothin wrong wiv open raising 5x UTG wiv KK
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Yes there is AT THIS LEVEL,do you get it now?

Look i apoligise for what i said i KNOW ure a gd player but what im saying is 5x at this level with many poss callers is NOT enough.Youve obviously got outta this level long ago.What i suggested to the OP was gettin away from this kevel ASAP
  • edited August 2010
    Donkeyplop i think you need to get up the levels.

Ive played with you a few times and i know your better than the NL4 regs. As DoHHHH said your making a few mistakes, but i think thats maybe often frustation that your playing against less than average opponents. Keep that £120 in and get to NL8/10
  • edited August 2010
    I just meant u adapt ur opening raise size to adjust to the players at the table. With KK I wanna get as much money in as possible pre flop, if im raising 5x and getting 5 callers every-time, I wud raise 7x next time. If I then get 4 callers, i'll make it 9x the time after, and keep going, until I find out how much the guys are willing to pay to see a flop. Shudnt take long to figure out. Im not trying to take the pot pre flop - just get as much money in as I can, and thin the field to play a flop 2/3 handed. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    most games at these stakes you dont get everyone calling a 5x raise.

so imo the amount i raised was fine and yes i want people calling everyday with my kk vs what he had........

i only tend to raise between 3 and 5bb so any more is going to scream of a massive pair......

the annoying thing with this guy was he left straight after this hand. he must of pressed stand before shoving.

i like playing people like this as its made my br grow nicely :)

• edited August 2010
    well 12 yes 9 no

think i will stay where i am and learn more before stepping up..........

ive got harrignton on holdem in my hands so im going to have a read through that..................