You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad run against loose players... advice

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Just been on a 10nl table with 3 players as loose as the village bike, first thing I do is play a tighter game narrow my card selection. Only playing hands that I can raise with, always 4xbb but with these 3 at least 2 of them would call if not all 3 with any cards in any position. One was a calling station playing any loved A with any kicker, the other always bet 10p into you, god knows why but he did and normally folded if you raised to 3/4 of the pot if he hit he jammed and you knew to fold. Now the last guy was to say the least a maniac, 22 was a premium hand for him, if he hit the board would call you to the river and two pairs kept hitting him right in the kisser.

Great I hear you say just the players you want at your table, I was taking money off them to start with but then with 3 of them at it my stack was up and down like a brides nightie. My reads seemed good as I was putting them on hands and only losing the min with the likes of KK ect.

Know what I want to know is it better to go and find another table with say just 2 loose players on as I began to think that with 3 any card player in the pot and my premium hand I am always going to be a dog as one of them is most likely to outdraw me?

Any thoughts on this please?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Ive encountered this alot of times, the strategy i use is to open up my raising range and raising to 5-6xBB when you get a limper to get it heads up, as theres more money on the flop you can c-bet bigger which tends to make then fold.
  • edited August 2010
    I stay at that table and as you do tighten up and if they still calling raise more each time, then you should be able to find out the max value preflop you can get from your premium hands.
  • edited August 2010
    I think we've all been in this position, and the general rule of thumb is to isolate as much as you can, and TTG makes a good point about increasing raises to 5x or 6x BB. 

I think we've all been in the same position though where we all tighten up at a superLAG table, wait for the right spot, make the correct move and then get outdrawn/sucked out an uncanny amount of times. I always come out -EV in these scenarios against Laggy luckboxes.

therefore, when i sit down beside a table of Lag loonies, i get out of dodge and look elsewhere. 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad run against loose players... advice:
    I think we've all been in this position, and the general rule of thumb is to isolate as much as you can, and TTG makes a good point about increasing raises to 5x or 6x BB.  I think we've all been in the same position though where we all tighten up at a superLAG table, wait for the right spot, make the correct move and then get outdrawn/sucked out an uncanny amount of times. I always come out -EV in these scenarios against Laggy luckboxes. therefore, when i sit down beside a table of Lag loonies, i get out of dodge and look elsewhere. 
    Posted by theneons
    This now is my thinking as with AK and 3 random hands my win equity is only 40% where if I can isolate a player its 65%. If I wanted to play bingo would join that foxy site lol
  • edited August 2010
    just keep reloading until you stack them all, play any two broadways and all pairs flop toppair or better and dont fold
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad run against loose players... advice:
    Ive encountered this alot of times, the strategy i use is to open up my raising range and raising to 5-6xBB when you get a limper to get it heads up, as theres more money on the flop you can c-bet bigger which tends to make then fold.
    Posted by TopTopGun
    I agree with this and did try it example: in BB with AK they all limp to me 6bb in pot so with my AK make it 22bb to see the flop all 3 called with 2 good players folding. Flop comes 7 ? J (cant remember ?)  muppet 1 shoves in SB, I fold and muppet 2 calls, muppet 3 folds they show J2 & A7 at this point I left and gave up.