You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!!

edited August 2010 in Area 51
Freerolls everyday in August with £200 & £500 Prizes Daily....Nice?...well actually unlike other sites the "Prize" is Fixed not Minimum Guaranteed!
Consider This...If Half the Runners Rebuy at £1 (Evening Game) Then Just Half the Remaining Players on the break Get an Add-On at £1...I Hear the Sky Coffers Jangling with the cash!!!
All of us see Rebuys & Add-ons increase the Prize fund in Tourneys...So why not Here??...I'm dissapointed Mr SKY...

Comments

• edited August 2010

I believe that IF the rebuys and addons come to more than the prize fund then the prizes DO increase in line with other rebuy/addon games on Sky.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!!:
    Freerolls everyday in August with £200 & £500 Prizes Daily....Nice?...well actually unlike other sites the "Prize" is Fixed not Minimum Guaranteed! Consider This...If Half the Runners Rebuy at £1 (Evening Game) Then Just Half the Remaining Players on the break Get an Add-On at £1...I Hear the Sky Coffers Jangling with the cash!!! All of us see Rebuys & Add-ons increase the Prize fund in Tourneys...So why not Here??...I'm dissapointed Mr SKY...
    Posted by Sildenafil
    Dont Think So!!!...I Won the Lunchtime freeroll on Tuesday (£42) and There Were 1313 Runners
    Think there was more than £200 Spent By Players...
  • edited August 2010
    normally players just say thank you for winning £42 for free.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!!:
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Well said Mr M.

What people have to remember here is that Sky are giving away over £37k through these freerolls.

Think of it another way. The average salary in this country is ~£24k a year, so that's nearly 2 people's salaries they're giving away in the space of a month.

I think it's a fantastic gesture for all these freerolls to be held because at the end of the day everyone could take the same attitude that I do to them which is not to rebuy. Just think about that again, if nobody rebuys or adds on then that's over £37k given away.
  • edited August 2010
    £37k could of been better spent elsewhere,nuff said,dav
  • edited August 2010
    That may or may not be the case Dav but by spending it this way Sky are trying to please as many people as they can.

You certainly can't please all of the people all of the time but it seems to me that Sky are doing their best to & for that I applaud them.
  • edited August 2010
    That may or may not be the case Dav but by spending it this way Sky are trying to please as many people as they can. You certainly can't please all of the people all of the time but it seems to me that Sky are doing their best to & for that I applaud them.
    Posted by silentbob
    +1
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : Well said Mr M. What people have to remember here is that Sky are giving away over £37k through these freerolls. Think of it another way. The average salary in this country is ~£24k a year, so that's nearly 2 people's salaries they're giving away in the space of a month. I think it's a fantastic gesture for all these freerolls to be held because at the end of the day everyone could take the same attitude that I do to them which is not to rebuy. Just think about that again, if nobody rebuys or adds on then that's over £37k given away.
    Posted by silentbob
    Respect your view Bob however if my Guestimates are correct then the £37k Give away theory is negated by an input of revenue to the site!!!...we may Never know??...Will email support for Skys Response...Watch This space...:-)
  • edited August 2010
    The best thing about these freerolls IMO is that they might bring in a lot of new players to the site. I hope they're being advertised on places like Facebook (where millions of people play NLHE with play money every day) and on other parts of the Sky group.
  • edited August 2010
    The best thing about these freerolls IMO is that they might bring in a lot of new players to the site. I hope they're being advertised on places like Facebook (where millions of people play NLHE with play money every day) and on other parts of the Sky group.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

great just what we need in mtts more loonies that try and hit a 3 outer and get it  on the river

see my post in are 51
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : great just what we need in mtts more loonies that try and hit a 3 outer and get it  on the river see my post in are 51
    Posted by pattyk
    +1 patty looooool
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : +1 patty looooool
    Posted by dav1964

maybe they only hit them against me

i blame DOHHHHH for cursing me after i outdrew him

he will never forgive me for that lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : great just what we need in mtts more loonies that try and hit a 3 outer and get it  on the river see my post in are 51
    Posted by pattyk
    And whats wrong with loonies?
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Its a double-bluff Miyagi, he doesn't want to do a brag post about winning a freeroll, because everyone might think he hasn't deposited any funds........

They could give away the keys to SkyTowers and you would still get folk moaning.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : And whats wrong with loonies?
    Posted by loonytoons
    Well let me think now...........................................................;o)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : Respect your view Bob however if my Guestimates are correct then the £37k Give away theory is negated by an input of revenue to the site!!!...we may Never know??...Will email support for Skys Response...Watch This space...:-)
    Posted by Sildenafil
    They are freerolls because no-one pays anything to enter.
    Sky Poker guarantee at least the prize pool stated even if no-one rebuys or takes the add-on.

If the rebuys and add-ons exceed the guaranteed prize pool then the prize pool is increased accordingly.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : They are freerolls because no-one pays anything to enter. Sky Poker guarantee at least the prize pool stated even if no-one rebuys or takes the add-on. If the rebuys and add-ons exceed the guaranteed prize pool then the prize pool is increased accordingly.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thanks Novice...I think we all get the concept? However none of the freerolls so far have produced an increased prize ladder!!..I have posed the query to sky and they have acknowledged my email but as yet no reply.
    The full entrance of 2500 players on the evening games could very easily accrue in excess of £500 with rebuys & add-ons...Hence my original post...:-)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : Thanks Novice...I think we all get the concept? However none of the freerolls so far have produced an increased prize ladder!!..I have posed the query to sky and they have acknowledged my email but as yet no reply. The full entrance of 2500 players on the evening games could very easily accrue in excess of £500 with rebuys & add-ons...Hence my original post...:-)
    Posted by Sildenafil
    None of the tournaments so far have had sufficient number of add-ons or rebuys.

• edited August 2010
    In several of the early freerolls when re-buy tournaments were first launched on Sky the total paid for re-buys and add-ons did exceed the guaranteed prize fund, and the prize fund did incresase accordingly, Sky never made a profit from them.

Now things have settled down and more players have realised there is absolutely no point in rebuying in these the total spent by the players now only gets to about 50% of the prizefund on average, so Sky end up having to put the other 50% in.
  • edited August 2010
    In several of the early freerolls when re-buy tournaments were first launched on Sky the total paid for re-buys and add-ons did exceed the guaranteed prize fund, and the prize fund did incresase accordingly, Sky never made a profit from them. Now things have settled down and more players have realised there is absolutely no point in rebuying in these the total spent by the players now only gets to about 50% of the prizefund on average, so Sky end up having to put the other 50% in.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Hi...Have a response from Sky confirming that any excess from rebuys & Add-ons IS added to the prize pool!!
    Apparently been close but not yet exceeded...:-)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The NOT SO FREE...Freerolls!!! : Well said Mr M. What people have to remember here is that Sky are giving away over £37k through these freerolls. Think of it another way. The average salary in this country is ~£24k a year, so that's nearly 2 people's salaries they're giving away in the space of a month. I think it's a fantastic gesture for all these freerolls to be held because at the end of the day everyone could take the same attitude that I do to them which is not to rebuy. Just think about that again, if nobody rebuys or adds on then that's over £37k given away.
    Posted by silentbob
    Lets put a different perspective on that figure, Sky paid £1billion for Premiership rights 2010-2013 so even if Sky Poker had started free Freerolls months around the birth of Christ we would still have a couple of hundred years left before they matched that spend.  £37k loose change.

My complaint however is players signing up and not playing, spent half my time tonight playing heads up on a six handed table and as my opponent was to the left of me I was nearly always out of position to him and the easy blind steals, frustrating.  Perhaps if there was a cut off say 10 minutes in where any players who have not clicked a button they were kicked then that would help.
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    I totally agree with you on this Myagi. If i had beat a few hundred players to win 42 quid with no stake and even beat players that had got new chips as well it would be the best poker day / feat that i'd ever had never mind just a thank you lol.