You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moral dilemma when youve inflicted a suckout

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
After observing some forum advice re: DYM strategy, ive just finished playing an £11 DYM, and i want to gauge opinion here.

Cutting a long story short, on the bubble, i shoved with AQo on a Q9K board and got called with KJo (D'oh!), but rivered a Q to knock the guy out and double my money.

If you were me, How would it make you feel?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Its going to happen to everyone, so just put be thankful for the good luck but would obviously apologise and say unlucky etc
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't feel guilty because it's going to be done to you plenty of times. Just be thankful for the luck and acknowledge it in the chatbox. I would be interested to read how the action turned out pre flop here though? What were blind sizes? I would be shoving pre with AQ, or if reasonably stacked raising 3x - if you did the latter his pre-flop call with KJ is dreadful anyway, so I don't feel remotely guilty - surely it wasn't limped round with AQ on the bubble with fairly significant blinds was it ? :-)  
  • edited August 2010
    I was in this dym so I saw it happen. If it was as said I would apologise out of good manners, however I do not fault my own play as I shoved in with a hand that figured to be good most of the time in this spot.

However, you haven't mentioned that the blinds were very high compared to stacks and you were both the shorties. Your opponent made a very questionable call for 1/2 his stack with KJ when it should have been shoved or folded in my opinion. With those stacks it was essentially all-in pre anyway as soon as he called and you went in ahead. You did nothing wrong.

JC
  • edited August 2010

As if this ever happens to me!! :(

I wud make sure that I capitalised on the good fortune, and didnt waste it by spewing my stack and missing the cash anyway.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Moral dilemma when youve inflicted a suckout:
    I was in this dym so I saw it happen. If it was as said I would apologise out of good manners, however I do not fault my own play as I shoved in with a hand that figured to be good most of the time in this spot. However, you haven't mentioned that the blinds were very high compared to stacks and you were both the shorties. Your opponent made a very questionable call for 1/2 his stack with KJ when it should have been shoved or folded in my opinion . With those stacks it was essentially all-in pre anyway as soon as he called and you went in ahead. You did nothing wrong. JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    +1

If he wants to call half his stack off with KJ pre then I'd say poker karma has been achieved on the river and not sympathise in the slightest :-) 

He's committed himself and will probably have to call with any semblance of a hand post flop because of his wretched pre-flop play anyway, so your shove with 2ptk is fine and you got rewarded imo
  • edited August 2010
    You see ur behind and u will your miracle outers to arrive.  When they come (as they always do for me apparently) just type 'ouch ul' and move on :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Moral dilemma when youve inflicted a suckout:
    You see ur behind and u will your miracle outers to arrive.  When they come (as they always do for me apparently) just type 'ouch ul' and move on :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Phil knows - he was at the doctor's last week and was diagnosed with RSI for typing "ouch ul" ;-)

• edited August 2010
    dont apolagise say unlucky if u have to say anything, whilst doing a dance in your head about how awesome you are
  • edited August 2010
    I thank my luck and makes up for the times the river kicks me hard.