You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Neil Channing - Nice bloke, awesome poker player, GUKPT champion.

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
I can honestly say Neil Channing is one of the nicest blokes in poker, which is why writing about his win at the GUKPT Luton was even more pleasurable. Feel free to have a read and leave any comments you might have.

Thanks!
Dave

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Dont mind Neil one little bit. he was brilliant in the Big Game IV recently and ran well in the WSOP.
  • edited August 2010
    Cheers for the post Dave, like the GUKPT stuff as its more close to home than another American winning something somewhere.

Watched Channing in the big game the other night he sucked out on Viffer.

Viffer had 88, Channing 44.

The flop came something like 2h8h4c

Viffer pushed, Channing waited for a while and called, Viffer basically stated his hand and asked if he wanted to run it twice, Channing said no, flip their cards and spike the case 4 on the River.

Neil Channing has a lot of gamble in my opinion, like his style, he has worked hard for many years to get to level he is at.

Felt sorry for Viffer, whos game i also like, he was getting sucked out on allnight.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Neil Channing - Nice bloke, awesome poker player, GUKPT champion.:
    Cheers for the post Dave, like the GUKPT stuff as its more close to home than another American winning something somewhere. Watched Channing in the big game the other night he sucked out on Viffer. Viffer had 88, Channing 44. The flop came something like 2h8h4c Viffer pushed, Channing waited for a while and called, Viffer basically stated his hand and asked if he wanted to run it twice, Channing said no, flip their cards and spike the case 4 on the River. Neil Channing has a lot of gamble in my opinion, like his style, he has worked hard for many years to get to level he is at. Felt sorry for Viffer, whos game i also like, he was getting sucked out on allnight.
    Posted by Bradnock
    That was horrific. It's one thing in a tournament where you can just shrug it off, but when there's that much £££ in the pot then..... OUCH!..... Viffer looked destroyed. Bet Neil was very glad he didn't run it twice! lol

• edited August 2010
    thanks dave--
    great read--
  • edited August 2010
    Just something I noticed, Dave - can't see the comments if you access the link via the 'Latest News' link from the 'More' dropdown on the overhead menu.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Neil Channing - Nice bloke, awesome poker player, GUKPT champion.:
    Cheers for the post Dave, like the GUKPT stuff as its more close to home than another American winning something somewhere. Watched Channing in the big game the other night he sucked out on Viffer. Viffer had 88, Channing 44. The flop came something like 2h8h4c Viffer pushed, Channing waited for a while and called, Viffer basically stated his hand and asked if he wanted to run it twice, Channing said no, flip their cards and spike the case 4 on the River. Neil Channing has a lot of gamble in my opinion, like his style, he has worked hard for many years to get to level he is at. Felt sorry for Viffer, whos game i also like, he was getting sucked out on allnight.
    Posted by Bradnock

That being said, Viffer is an absolute lunatic!