You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How drunk before you stop playing?

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Me? Never.

I've gone all-in thinking A4 is AA.

I've sat in a cash game for the utter linit of my br and lost it.

I've played a dym for the limit of my br. And lost it. And won two, remarckabley enough.

I don't even have the sense to know when to stop posting on the forums.

And I certainly don't care about working on Mondays. lol/,l

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to How drunk before you stop playing?:
    Me? Never. I've gone all-in thinking A4 is AA. I've sat in a cash game for the utter linit of my br and lost it. I've played a dym for the limit of my br. And lost it. And won two, remarckabley enough. I don't even have the sense to know when to stop posting on the forums. And I certainly don't care about working on Mondays. lol/,l
    Posted by bandini
    A common thing for me that!

I seem to play better when ive had a few pints, or is that braver! even so I make more money
  • edited August 2010
    wats a monday ??
  • edited August 2010
    lol not a good mix, whenever i start drinking ill fall asleep while playing a stt or DYM which suprisingly i've cashed in a few but its not good. I will only have a couple at most really, the times i worry is when i've been out on the lash and turn the laptop on when i get in now that really affects my BR but all fun and games right? just like sending drunken texts its the done thing
  • edited August 2010
    i dont mind having a few scoops in a live ring game, but never online. iv e had one too many mis-clicks to do it again.
  • edited August 2010

If I didn't get tired, I reckon I cud play/drink on till I cudnt sup any more (threw up)

Saturday I think I set a new record for the drunkest Ive been this year, I couldn't see my cards at 4am......(2pm start)

Few weeks ago I played 1/2 quid and put 200 quid in pre flop with king 8 of hearts - but I dunno what that was all about, can't really blame the drink.

Playing drunk is good, playing bladdered isnt!!!

• edited August 2010
    I never drink and drive and I never drink & play poker either. You need every edge possible in this game if you want to make any money from it. If you're treating it purely as a game for fun and the equivalent of a night out (money once outlayed gone for good) then it's not a problem, but I like to try and make a bit here and there so I stick to tea and coffee and slippers. In fact come to think of it I barely drink at all these days - sad in many people's eyes, but it doesn't bother me :-) 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: How drunk before you stop playing?:
    I never drink and drive and I never drink & play poker either. You need every edge possible in this game if you want to make any money from it. If you're treating it purely as a game for fun and the equivalent of a night out (money once outlayed gone for good) then it's not a problem, but I like to try and make a bit here and there so I stick to tea and coffee and slippers. In fact come to think of it I barely drink at all these days - sad in many people's eyes, but it doesn't bother me :-) 
    Posted by darich
    And there I was thinking I was the only one
  • edited August 2010
    DRINK AND POKER

THE PERFECT COMBO

LUVIN IT ;O)
  • edited August 2010

hey bandini

Typical scot this attidude unlike us taffs having to work 12 hours shift down the mines for 3s/6d a week

lol