You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New format gets my thumbs up!!!

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
I was one of the posters who had severe reservations when Sky lost the 3D format for the live shows.  However, after watching a few now I would like to make it known that my reservations were completely unfounded.  There have been loads of positives from the new TV layout :

More hands shown / analysed;
Online presenting chemistry still there - Rich and Tikay were great last night;
Greater emphasis on the hand analysis which makes for more educational viewing;
The presenter / analyst being able to interact with the forum and tables and keep the viewers up to date with posts and goings on immediately.

Congrats Sky - I'm definitely enjoying watching the live shows at the moment :)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to New format gets my thumbs up!!!:
    I was one of the posters who had severe reservations when Sky lost the 3D format for the live shows.  However, after watching a few now I would like to make it known that my reservations were completely unfounded.  There have been loads of positives from the new TV layout : More hands shown / analysed; Online presenting chemistry still there - Rich and Tikay were great last night; Greater emphasis on the hand analysis which makes for more educational viewing; The presenter / analyst being able to interact with the forum and tables and keep the viewers up to date with posts and goings on immediately. Congrats Sky - I'm definitely enjoying watching the live shows at the moment :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    + 1
    Well said Mr Lunchbox! Now.....if only they could get a better class of phone in guests........  :))
  • edited August 2010
    I was one of the posters who had severe reservations when Sky lost the 3D format for the live shows.  However, after watching a few now I would like to make it known that my reservations were completely unfounded.  There have been loads of positives from the new TV layout : More hands shown / analysed; Online presenting chemistry still there - Rich and Tikay were great last night; Greater emphasis on the hand analysis which makes for more educational viewing; The presenter / analyst being able to interact with the forum and tables and keep the viewers up to date with posts and goings on immediately. Congrats Sky - I'm definitely enjoying watching the live shows at the moment :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    most definitely +1

Enjoyed last night's show immensely.

Love the promotion of MTT's which are about to start, as it really boosted the deepstack numbers last night - perhaps other analysts apart from Tikay could also be asked to do this?

One liner of the night for me was Rich's reference to "mouldy" in respect of Tikay's interest in Zara Phillips & Tikay continually swapping his specs is amusing - could the sky budget meet the cost of some verifocals??! :-) 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: New format gets my thumbs up!!!:
    In Response to New format gets my thumbs up!!! : + 1 Well said Mr Lunchbox! Now.....if only they could get a better class of phone in guests........  :))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I was willing them to give the take on tikay rebuy entry to you Alan.

That would have created a dilemma - would you have absteined??! ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    Absolutley fantastic show.
  • edited August 2010
    + 1 Phil at first wasn't a fan buts its won me over, in fact i actually prefer it now. Better interaction with the presenters and get through more hands
  • edited August 2010
    This is actually on repeat at the moment and they've just had the 'mature cheese' conversation. Hilarious! :)

Watch here - 24/7, free, Orford & Tikay, poker, etc.
  • edited August 2010

I would like to add my support too.  I had major reservations but last night's show changed my view.  Well done to all involved as you've overcome quite a significant technical backward step to produce a show with more content with far greater interaction and involvement.

• edited August 2010
    Posted by phil12uk
    I have to agree, I'm still not convinced by the 2D graphics but I can live with it, and the show in itself is excellent.  It was good to see the old team back together again.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: New format gets my thumbs up!!! : I was willing them to give the take on tikay rebuy entry to you Alan. That would have created a dilemma - would you have absteined??! ;-)
    Posted by darich
    I of course would of accepted it with thanks and gratitude.........

(then got customer care to exchange for two entries to TOT on a Monday night!!!!)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to New format gets my thumbs up!!! : I have to agree, I'm still not convinced by the 2D graphics but I can live with it, and the show in itself is excellent.  It was good to see the old team back together again.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    You were doing just fine until then. Is there any need for that?

Bleurgh.
  • edited August 2010
    i think the 2D layout is far superior in my view.

All we need to do is ditch the 4 colour deck and we're sorted. ;)
  • edited August 2010
    i love the new way, especially the cash. the interaction between the presenters, players and railers is amazing!! not forgetting the forum members and emailers of course! if this is the way forward the forget the 3D graphics, just keep it coming. also it seems that the presenters really enjoy the new format as well, which only adds to the show!
  • edited August 2010
    Thank you all for your support towards the new changes on the channel. Im glad to see everyone is enjoying the new format, especially as nobody really likes changes
  • edited August 2010
    /David Bowie mode=on

Ch-ch-ch-chaaanges

I've said before I prefer the 2D format and the extra interaction of the slobbing behind a desk taking it easy browsing the internet format! :-)

Really enjoyed watching the rerun Primo earlier today. Couldn't help wondering though... for the reruns how do the presenters remember exactly what they said & did during the live show to get such a perfect reproduction. Pretty amazing stuff I'm sure you'll all agree.
  • edited August 2010
    I have always liked it from the start, only thing I would like to see added is the analysts playing the Thurs/Sun 8pm mtt just like (Ed did when he was covering the Primo) and having some of their plays analysed - they can talk through their decisions etc and explain why they did this and that without having the use of seeing everyones cards. I know that it may be difficult for some analysts to do this due to old age etc ;) but it's just an idea :)
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah... a sort of "sweat with...<insert analyst there>" but without the smell ;-)
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah... a sort of "sweat with...<insert analyst there />" but without the smell ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    .....unless its Tikay and he has one of his little 'accidents' mid show.
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    Gonna bump this to see if theres any more responses. Watching last nights show at the moment and definitely liking the quicker interactivity with the tables and forum.