You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dreaded small PPs your views

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I can never decide how to play small small PPs say 22 - 66, in early position seeing the flop cheap as possible is not a bad idea, in later position must be worth a raise as happy to take the blinds with 55 any day of the week.

Where I struggle is when you have a aggressive player whom you know is raising light more than he should, lets give you an example and then can you tell me your thoughts on how to play this against a persistant raiser.

6 handed cash 20nl
Your on the button with 66
Mr aggro mid position raises 3xbb
2 more players folds

Knowing this guy could have any 2 what should I do, I am in a race with any hand from 78 to AK and stuffed by any over PP so to flat call need to hit a 6 or a low flop but can expect to see an over card.

Should I flat call?
Should I 3bet here? If I dont the BB has value to call adding to my headache
What do I do if he comes back over the top?
If we do see a flop and he checks do I bet out?
If I bet the flop with no paint on it, chances are he may reraise, you would have to put this flop in his range so what then?

The more I try to work out how to play small PPs the more my small brain struggles.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Think we had a similar thread, Small pp if no-one has called before raise 3-4 x bb and look to hit, if callers before then call up to 3-4x

dont get too attached and try to disguise if you hit is the key, win loads or lose little is how i play them
  • edited August 2010
    taken from your example a Aggro players raises MP and you call with 66 on the button. I never 3bet here just beacuse your only going to get called and 4bet by better hands which means you have to fold you hand and the power of postion.

if the flop comes something like 923  459, I call, and ill call most turns as well, as we know this player is an aggro and will fire alot, so when you call pre with small PP you need to be prered to call a few barrels when the flops are good for your hand . You need to think of what your going to do on what flops before you even call depending on the player type.