You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

asking to install ( being sorted )

ckdckd
edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
i clicked on my account and had the same thing, like you i did not install it as im too lazy. 

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited August 2010

read sky adams responce
  • edited August 2010

When I looked at the poker league it said 

Your Position - ***** 96th

And where the stars are, it normally says dohhhhhhh - was a totally different, weird username
  • edited August 2010
    "ReputationShield" by "iovation"??? Came up when i tried to withdraw, no idea what it is, I just x'ed everything
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: WARNING TO ALL:
    "ReputationShield" by "iovation"??? Came up when i tried to withdraw, no idea what it is, I just x'ed everything
    Posted by richtea
    Yes I see that ActiveX too. I haven't actually installed it *yet* but Iovation's ReputationShield certainly isn't dodgy.

• edited August 2010
    I just dropped an email into a few of the tech guys I know to ask them to have a look here & hopefully put people's minds at ease :)
  • edited August 2010
    I got the same thing, normally on a reputable site like this I would have automatically clicked and installed it but with the warnings given I am not going to take any chances.

Edit: Thanks Elliott
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010

well i phoned sky to ask what it was and they said that a few people had asked and that it was not from them and the tec team was looking into it and not to install it at all as it is not from there site
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010

when i clicked on it it said that multi trogens found on it my game is working fine without it so ill not bother
  • edited August 2010
     when i clicked on it it said that multi trogens found on it my game is working fine without it so ill not bother
    Posted by ckd
    If your AV package is reporting this ReputationShield as a trojan or a virus then that's wrong, because it most certainly isn't. RS is widely used and is normally installed 'silently' without user interaction. I would say 'trust me' but who's gonna trust that face <---- lol
    Just ignore it for now if you like :)

PS - I installed it ;-)

• edited August 2010
    Posted by ckd
    Hi CKD/All,

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention.

As Noseybonk states, this reputation shield is absolutely nothing to worry about, it is completely harmless and it should not be displayed to you at all.

We are currently speaking to our Tech team to find out why this is happening, it occurred briefly last Thursday morning, which we fixed. This fix worked (we believed) at the time, as we had no more reports of this from customers until today. We have also not been able to replicate this message internally today (we were able to last Thursday) which is odd.

So please do not worry about this message, it does not matter whether you choose to accept or decline - either way this will not cause any issues with your PC or affect your gameplay at Sky Poker in any way

I'll provide an update on this thread as and when I can, as I appreciate it's an unusual message and one which would naturally raise concerns

Thank You

Adam
  • edited August 2010
    cheers adam i withdrew some off winning yesterday when it came up, now i`m no geek so ignored it and did not say anything as i knew someone with more brains than me would ?
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010

ok ty ill have to check my virus checker then

just put it here cos of what it said as i didnt want any1 getting caught out

but ty for the update on it and all be safe gl at the tables
  • edited August 2010
     ok ty ill have to check my virus checker then  just put it here cos of what it said as i didnt want any1 getting caught out  but ty for the update on it and all be safe gl at the tables
    Posted by ckd
    No problem, we are in the process of releasing a fix again to stop this occurring. Unfortunately dependant on cache timings it may still linger around for a few hours - it's hard for me to say exactly.

CKD: Do you mind editing your opening post to refer people to my response. I guess some people may just read the OP then respond without reading the whole thread.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010

how do i refer it ? or do i just put please look at adams responce
  • edited August 2010
     how do i refer it ? or do i just put please look at adems responce
    Posted by ckd
    Yep that's perfect - thank you :-)
  • ckdckd
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: WARNING TO ALL : Yep that's perfect - thank you :-)
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    no prob thanks for letting us know
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks for the response Adam, another case of Sky listening AND responding to players questions and concerns.