You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Omaha DYM strategy.

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
  Hi all.

I used to play a lot of low stakes NLHE dym games and i developped a good strategy which gave me a good cashing rate (including 21 consecutive cashes). So today i thought i would try my hand on the low level omaha DYMs and see if i could develop the same.

Well my record today is played 6 won 2  second in 2 and third in 2.So at the moment undefeated.

But i am struggling to find a good strategy to be successful. With the exception of finding the NLHE players and exploit them.

If anyone has any ideas or possible strategies that might work feel free to give some feedback on this thread.

Comments

• edited August 2010
     Well i have been grinding away trying to find the strategy.

And after 18 DYMs and 13 cashes i think i am getting the feel for it.

Firstly target the HE players who will call you down all the way with TPTK.
     Secondly bet sizing is crucial in this as well.Way too much min betting by the weaker player so potting is the way to go.

ThirdlyYou need to be active early hoovering up lots of chips because the preflop shove is not an option.Normally only 2x raise is permitted so short stacks run into real trouble trying to get their chips in the middle.

This being said i am still trying to get a better feel for the strategy.These are just a few early ideas that seem to be working for me.Hope this is of help to anyone who reads this and anyone who has anything to add feel free.
  • edited August 2010
    Fold, Fold, Fold, CAsh

Fold Fold Fold Cash

Simples innit, but no fun