You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Running;COLD;

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
                           Morning community

This is not a bad beat or moan thread but my luck is really out at the mo

On line and live im getting beat when i go in ,in front is any other player having this luck?

I keep a record of my hands history and in the last 5 weeks i have pushed/or raised in front 21 times ,ive lost 20 !!

AA V 55 YEST ,lost both
AK V AJ AND A 9 live on tuesday lost
99 v j 4  lost

ETC ETC..LOL

So they say if you go in ahead ur playing well so spose that helps but thats poker they say.........

Be like me community if you have a cold run keep on in there i gurantee you i will take down a biggun soon,,heres hoping

Have fun all and

B LUKKY X

Comments

• edited August 2009
    My last blog chats about my losing run. Like u mate, I seem to go in ahead and then outdrawn. It will change.....I hope!  Mine has started to shift (slowly) and I'm hoping that big win is just around the corner. REMEMBER - belief is the strongest tool u have - keep doing the right thing and u will eventually reap the rewards :)
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Running;COLD;:
    My last blog chats about my losing run. Like u mate, I seem to go in ahead and then outdrawn. It will change.....I hope!  Mine has started to shift (slowly) and I'm hoping that big win is just around the corner. REMEMBER - belief is the strongest tool u have - keep doing the right thing and u will eventually reap the rewards :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Cheers buddy im only playing a little until i have been 2 V then sept is my time..lol..keep up the gr8 blogs m8
  • edited August 2009
    that's seriously unlucky, you can still walk away with you head held up high knowing you made the correct move at the correct time was just unlucky.
  • edited August 2009
    hi, played my first five00 lastnight qualified through a satelite, it was near the bubble when i lost connection grrrrrrrr, 10mins later finally got back on when all of a sudden i see myself on the t.v yippe for the first time, not a very good showing from me i folded ace king clubs it was 1 of my disconnected hands, anyway on the bubble i pushed all in wiv ace ten got called by pocket 22s n hand stood up, i then went onto finishing 7th on the bubble for the final table having pushing all in wiv 44 got a caller for 110k wiv ace 7 not sure i could of made the call wiv ace 7 but i can only put my chips in ahead razor, i then went into the midnight mtt 400gtd finishing 3rd, so i guess am running COLD
  • edited August 2009
    Running cold?? Whats that? ;-)
  • edited August 2009
    lol , welcome back flash , lol.
  • edited August 2009
    hi, played my first five00 lastnight qualified through a satelite, it was near the bubble when i lost connection grrrrrrrr, 10mins later finally got back on when all of a sudden i see myself on the t.v yippe for the first time, not a very good showing from me i folded ace king clubs it was 1 of my disconnected hands, anyway on the bubble i pushed all in wiv ace ten got called by pocket 22s n hand stood up, i then went onto finishing 7th on the bubble for the final table having pushing all in wiv 44 got a caller for 110k wiv ace 7 not sure i could of made the call wiv ace 7 but i can only put my chips in ahead razor, i then went into the midnight mtt 400gtd finishing 3rd, so i guess am running COLD
    Posted by holdemstud
    yeah seen that earlier today thought you were a little unlucky but ive ran cold before think the key is to just ride it out and try not to badly tilt

had some hot runs myself recently

freerole to millions update :- £24.30
  • edited August 2009
    Posted by holdemstud
    You seem to be doing very well considering you've only been playing a few days!

• edited August 2009
    Im glad you posted this because i thought sky were picking on just me. Its crazy how much im running cold seems anything i do i just cant win. My exit hands are top notch but there still getting beat. For example

AA beat by J5off i raise pre they call nothing scarry I raise they go all in with second pair then turn and river come J 5
    I hit full house on the flop and they hit runner runner As for higher full house
    I hit trips on the flop then comes runner runner cards and they have pocket 2s and hit Quads.
    I hit a st8 on the flop and go all in and get called by a 9 high flush draw guess what they hit.

Ive had countless full houses, nut flushes, st8s and trips all beat even though i bet when im ahead on the flop and still get beat.

This is not just the odd bad beat but every exit hand im going out with. premium hands that are getting beaten when im betting and not even slow playing and I mean every game im playing. If you go by the odds of this happening in a live game you would laugh your self silly cos it just isnt possible infact you would have more chance of being hit by lightning.

Im really getting frustrated about it and questioning how cards are dealt and how random they are because to be honest it seems as thought each hand is pre set for a winner and im not that winner.

People say thats poker and your luck will change and yes it does eventualy but I am playing very well and my skill should show that by winning these hands over just winning by luck. Poker is a game of skill and you play the odds! I know anything can happen and luck is a part of it but you play to avoid the luck element knocking you out.

It would be interesting to find out how cards are dealt with online software and how they determine what comes out does anyone know?

I feel for you m8 and hope it changes for the both of us.
  • edited August 2009
    Im glad you posted this because i thought sky were picking on just me. Its crazy how much im running cold seems anything i do i just cant win. My exit hands are top notch but there still getting beat. For example AA beat by J5off i raise pre they call nothing scarry I raise they go all in with second pair then turn and river come J 5 I hit full house on the flop and they hit runner runner As for higher full house I hit trips on the flop then comes runner runner cards and they have pocket 2s and hit Quads. I hit a st8 on the flop and go all in and get called by a 9 high flush draw guess what they hit. Ive had countless full houses, nut flushes, st8s and trips all beat even though i bet when im ahead on the flop and still get beat. This is not just the odd bad beat but every exit hand im going out with. premium hands that are getting beaten when im betting and not even slow playing and I mean every game im playing. If you go by the odds of this happening in a live game you would laugh your self silly cos it just isnt possible infact you would have more chance of being hit by lightning. Im really getting frustrated about it and questioning how cards are dealt and how random they are because to be honest it seems as thought each hand is pre set for a winner and im not that winner. People say thats poker and your luck will change and yes it does eventualy but I am playing very well and my skill should show that by winning these hands over just winning by luck. Poker is a game of skill and you play the odds! I know anything can happen and luck is a part of it but you play to avoid the luck element knocking you out. It would be interesting to find out how cards are dealt with online software and how they determine what comes out does anyone know? I feel for you m8 and hope it changes for the both of us.
    Posted by Dazler
    Daz, you probably discovered already there is a dedicated section on this forum about software issues etc....well worth a read. ;)
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Running;COLD; : Daz, you probably discovered already there is a dedicated section on this forum about software issues etc....well worth a read. ;)
    Posted by RichiSwift
    no i havnt seen it thanks for the tip ill go take a look :)

and just to prove my point since writing this i have had pocket Ks beat by J 10 they get a flush and pocket Qs in the next game beat by 97 off. getting ridiculous now and im really starting to question sky poker!!! have looked but cant find area 51 either anyone know where it is?
  • edited August 2009
    Just an update and i know it sounds as if im moaning! well yes i am. next game hit 2 pair on the flop with 56 and lots of raisers i push and the only caller calls with 2 4 offsuit and wins then had pocket As beat by JQ out again with the best of it.

SOMETHING AINT RIGHT HERE!!!!!

• edited August 2009

Same is happening to me; ah well.

• edited August 2009
    I am running somewhere around freezing right now.  I haven't noted down all my loses but I'd say of the last 20 or so games i've been in (give or take 1 or 2) I've got my chips in ahead and been outdrawn in every one.  Hoping it all turns round soon - but meantime I'm taking the opportunity to have a break and play some of the new Monkey Island game.

Oh and its not just online its extended to my weekly live game with my mates where I am saddled with so many bad hands I almost literally cry, then the minute I get a good one and get some chips in I get sucked out on.  My friends think its pretty funny though - sods.

Hope your luck turns around soon too!
  • edited August 2009
    AGAIN IN THE 9K OPEN I HOLD POCKET KINGS HIT A SET ON THE FLOP AND LOOSE TO A 10 SUITED WHEN THEY HIT FLUSH ON THE RIVER AFTER PUSHING ON THE TURN TO STOP THE FLUSH DRAW. IM NOW OFFICIALY P.E.E.D OFF WITH ONLINE POKER :(