You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nut flush draw vs station

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
The original raiser has been at the table about 10 minutes or so & he seemed to be a fan of the pre min raise. He'd done this a few times & the reason I made the call from the SB is because I was pretty certain that the guy in the BB would also call (he'd been a station the whole time I was at the table so far) so if I did hit my flush there was a reasonable chance I could get paid.

The guy in the BB had called pretty much every pre flop raise regardless of his position.

When the flop comes I'm not putting down my hand so figured that the best way forward was to c/r. When X leads out I felt there's a strong possibility that he has the ace so if I can build the pot here & hit then there's every chance I can stack him. When he 3-bets my semi bluff I'm 99% certain that he does have an ace & I know I'll have to hit.

So what's the best way forward here? Is it best to flat & re-evaluate on the turn or just get it all in now (I believe I'm a slight favourite at this point but please correct me if I'm wrong as these bits of the game are not my strongest point)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
silentbob Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.99
Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £5.74
  Your hole cards
  • K

Fold     
 Fold     
 Raise  £0.20 £0.35 £16.56
 Fold     
silentbob Call  £0.15 £0.50 £9.84
Call  £0.10 £0.60 £5.64
Flop

• A

silentbob Check     
Bet  £0.30 £0.90 £5.34
 Fold     
silentbob Raise  £0.90 £1.80 £8.94
Raise  £1.20 £3.00 £4.14
silentbob ???    

Comments

• edited August 2010
    if I was going to c/r i'd do it big enough to commit myself, also if X most likely has an ace when he leads out, you cant really be expecting him to fold it so surely c/r with a draw will just be getting it in bad against him?!
  • edited August 2010
    Point taken, although I assume you're not advocating folding this are you? Does anyone ever get it in on a draw when they're ahead?

I figured that if I just c/c & hit then it's too obvious although obviously cheaper if I miss!
  • edited August 2010
    yea not being able to bink your king for top pair makes me alot less likely to want to get stacks in.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Nut flush draw vs station:
    Point taken, although I assume you're not advocating folding this are you? Does anyone ever get it in on a draw when they're ahead? I figured that if I just c/c & hit then it's too obvious although obviously cheaper if I miss!
    Posted by silentbob
    Obv unlikely to get it in ahead with the draw at any stage really but it's always good to have back-up outs with your K or T or whatever.

If he's got an A and is a station then he ain't folding like ever so it's not worth it. Also if he is a station then you'll still get called if you hit the flush...