You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Easy fold or put oppo all in?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I've been on the table with X for around 20 mins or so before this. He likes to open raise a fair bit & so far has c-bet every time no matter what's come down.

I 3-bet him on flop for 3 reasons:

1 - He's c-bet every time so far
2 - Although I haven't hit my set I don't think it's that bad of a flop for my PP
3 - I think X's most likely holding is 2 overcards & I may be able to take it down there & then.

After he flats my raise on the flop how do you react on the turn? I figured that calling here is not really an option as I'm only delaying the tricky decision to the river so is this a clear fold or do we put him all in here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £2.95
 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £3.41
 Sit out     
  Your hole cards

Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £4.76
 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £3.45
silentbob Call  £0.30 £1.05 £9.90
 Fold     
 Fold     
Flop

Bet  £0.40 £1.45 £4.36
 Fold     
silentbob Raise  £1.20 £2.65 £8.70
Call  £0.80 £3.45 £3.56
Turn

Bet  £1.20 £4.65 £2.36
silentbob ???     

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I don't see what you beat plus he can't fold, so could just spend £3.56 to find out if it's ace high I guess.
  • edited August 2010
    fold turn don't raise flop.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Easy fold or put oppo all in?:
    fold turn don't raise flop.
    Posted by beaneh
    Why would you not raise the flop out of interest? If he's only got over cards then you've likely got the best hand.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    Don't raise because most times you fold out anything worse and only get called/raise by better.
  • edited August 2010
    Don't raise because most times you fold out anything worse and only get called/raise by better.
    Posted by yb

ta
  • edited August 2010

lol !

Im with u silent bob. How u gonna go and play a turn card that isnt a 5 ....

Just raise and make him fold the worst hand! - So what I lost value, I won the pot

U need to be sooooooo good to play like these guys, if ur not, and im not, which im not, then don't bother trying it.

Kill the hand there and then if you can.
  • edited August 2010
    lol ! Im with u silent bob. How u gonna go and play a turn card that isnt a 5 .... Just raise and make him fold the worst hand! - So what I lost value, I won the pot U need to be sooooooo good to play like these guys, if ur not, and im not, which im not, then don't bother trying it. Kill the hand there and then if you can.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

you fold out all you're beating and get called by worse, that's a bad spot to be putting in a raise.

keep doing what you feel though.
  • edited August 2010
    if your going to raise the flop (which i agree w/ others is bad) atleast make a proper raise.

ok dohhh so with raising the flop, we get 2 broadway cards to give up their 25% equity and yes that is a good thing.(although you are giving opponent 4:1 on his call with your raise size so he might not even fold 2 overs)

however we also give every single better hand with 95% equity an extra 8bbs. not including further turn and river spew.
  • edited August 2010

If you just call the flop, I bet more often than not unless a 5 comes you're gonna end up folding on the turn or river.

Btw, is AK suited foldable, 100xbb deep, to a nit who 3 bets you?

Once your 3 bet, is it 4bet or fold?
  • edited August 2010
    If you just call the flop, I bet more often than not unless a 5 comes you're gonna end up folding on the turn or river. Btw, is AK suited foldable, 100xbb deep, to a nit who 3 bets you? Once your 3 bet, is it 4bet or fold?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

The whole point of the game is THIS IS IT LOL

And with reads the 'standard' play changes constantly, against some players i'd just call the 3 bet, it should be pretty hard to find someone who is so badly tight as to make you raise fold AK. 
  • edited August 2010

I think Ive found him....

And he is always at the tables on my level - so play him loads.

Any ideas how to exploit this kind of player then?, while ur online.....

He's really tight, can often go 30-45 mins without getting involved in a decent sized pot.

Just grinds and makes a steady profit.

How do I go about stacking him barring coolers?
  • edited August 2010
    I think Ive found him.... And he is always at the tables on my level - so play him loads. Any ideas how to exploit this kind of player then?, while ur online..... He's really tight, can often go 30-45 mins without getting involved in a decent sized pot. Just grinds and makes a steady profit. How do I go about stacking him barring coolers?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Describe the player more I don't really understand?

To try to 'exploit' someone, you have to know a) how they play and b) how to take advantage of it!
  • edited August 2010

I dnt rly know what to say coz he doesnt really do anything, then comes alive when he has a strong starting hand.

He plays small ball, his opening bets are between 2xbb and 4xbb - the 2x I suspect are small pairs, the 3x, 88-TT,.AJs, 4x, AQs, JJ+....

He continues post flop, when he has hit the flop hard.

Just basically when he bets, he has the hand. I haven't seen him bluff for 17 years.

He seems unbeatable, but also, he shouldn't be able to beat me either, but I still 4bet and called his shove pre yest for 100xbb wit AKs aghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

He's such a rock! 

• edited August 2010
    i'd put all in on turn, looks like overs to me. unlikely overpair, but your good so put them in get called by AK
  • edited August 2010
    I dnt rly know what to say coz he doesnt really do anything, then comes alive when he has a strong starting hand. He plays small ball, his opening bets are between 2xbb and 4xbb - the 2x I suspect are small pairs, the 3x, 88-TT,.AJs, 4x, AQs, JJ+.... He continues post flop, when he has hit the flop hard. Just basically when he bets, he has the hand. I haven't seen him bluff for 17 years. He seems unbeatable, but also, he shouldn't be able to beat me either, but I still 4bet and called his shove pre yest for 100xbb wit AKs aghhhhhhhhhhhhh. He's such a rock! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

lol there's a few people you could be describing.

against someone who is very tight i'd prescribe stealing every single one of their blinds, re-raising their 'widest ranges' as often as possible and just bet when checked to all the time post flop because they will be c/f too much. You can also start raising cbets on good textures for you depending on your reads. also there are other players at the table!!