You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS *

edited August 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
* Delete as applicable (depending on your point of view)

I will be at the Sky Poker Tour Grand Final in Nottingham next month!

You may find it hard to believe, but I've never actually visited Dusk Till Dawn, so I'm really looking forward to this event.

Obviously, it'll be great to meet up with all the forum regulars and play some poker.  Anyone up for a six-hour sit & go? :)

Regarding the SPT main event, I'm sure a "last longer" contest isn't of the question.  Details to follow in the next couple of weeks...

Comments

• edited August 2010

So.....in short......no rebuy sats for you then!  :)))
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS *:
    * Delete as applicable (depending on your point of view) I will be at the Sky Poker Tour Grand Final in Nottingham next month! You may find it hard to believe, but I've never actually visited Dusk Till Dawn, so I'm really looking forward to this event. Obviously, it'll be great to meet up with all the forum regulars and play some poker.  Anyone up for a six-hour sit & go? :) Regarding the SPT main event, I'm sure a "last longer" contest isn't of the question.  Details to follow in the next couple of weeks...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Hi James, Great news m8, it will be good to finally meet you. What is your tipple?

col
  • edited August 2010
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only downer is I won't be able to deal the 6 hour SNG as they deal them all at DTD, it really is a top cardroom!

Last longer bet....I'm in!!

Will you be there Friday night as well? Some good tourneys for all buy ins Fri night as well!

I think Sian may have a hotel recommendation for you!

Dave and Sian!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Great news James.

You will finally get to meet your erstwhile PTP stalker  :-)
  • edited August 2010

Good to hear you will be at DTD James.

You will be delighted to hear there is an ETAP in Derby the postcode is DE65 6DX for you to put into your sat nav ;o)   lol.  Me and Dave will not be staying there however!!! 

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS *:
    In Response to GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS * : Hi James, Great news m8, it will be good to finally meet you. What is your tipple? col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi Col,

As I'll be "on duty" (and also because Sky_Claire peruses the forum), I'll say still mineral water!

See you next month,

James.

• edited August 2010
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only downer is I won't be able to deal the 6 hour SNG as they deal them all at DTD, it really is a top cardroom! Last longer bet....I'm in!! Will you be there Friday night as well? Some good tourneys for all buy ins Fri night as well! I think Sian may have a hotel recommendation for you! Dave and Sian!!!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Just working out the details.  Watch this space!

• edited August 2010
    Good to hear you will be at DTD James. You will be delighted to hear there is an ETAP in Derby the postcode is DE65 6DX for you to put into your sat nav ;o)   lol.  Me and Dave will not be staying there however!!! 
    Posted by Yorkie74
    Three words, Sian:

Ain't...gonna...happen!

• edited August 2010

great news james ... see you there

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS * : Three words, Sian: Ain't...gonna...happen!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    LOL  Didnt think so somehow and share your sentiments.  I wouldnt stay there if it was free.....lol
  • edited August 2010
    Cool! I may be popping along to this one (even if I'm not playing) so I'll bring you a nice DVD of Mega Piranha - now now now now, don't try to pretend you don't want one - I insist. I know you really want a copy. I know you've been holding off purchasing it as you're scared it's just 'too good to watch' and may ruin every other film for you...

:)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS * : Hi Col, As I'll be "on duty" (and also because Sky_Claire peruses the forum), I'll say still mineral water! See you next month, James.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Thats never stopped any of the others, so come on name your poison and i,ll get you one at the end of the day.

col
  • edited August 2010
    Will be good to meet you James and i believe i saw ur dads name on the list aswell, i assume he is allowed to have a drink ;)
  • edited August 2010
    Will be good to meet you James and i believe i saw ur dads name on the list aswell, i assume he is allowed to have a drink ;)
    Posted by mike1975
    Yes, my dad bought in directly (and has already asked me for a lift up to Nottingham).

I think it's fair to say he WON'T just be drinking still mineral water!
  • edited August 2010
    Cool! I may be popping along to this one (even if I'm not playing) so I'll bring you a nice DVD of Mega Piranha - now now now now, don't try to pretend you don't want one - I insist. I know you really want a copy. I know you've been holding off purchasing it as you're scared it's just 'too good to watch' and may ruin every other film for you... :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thank you in advance for the gift.

I could do with a new drink coaster :)
  • edited August 2010
    Great news - will be good to meet at last!  Also, great that u will be sorting out the LL as I did it in Swansea and it was a clerical nightmare as the day went on!! :)
  • edited August 2010
    Great news - will be good to meet at last!  Also, great that u will be sorting out the LL as I did it in Swansea and it was a clerical nightmare as the day went on!! :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    There is likely to be a twist to the DTD last longer contest...

Stay tuned!