You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fancy some Poker in Wales anyone?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Fancy some Poker in Wales anyone?:
    Tikay - dont forget to wear some 'large' pants for tonight! (perhaps you could borrow a pair of Dylans, lol). Wedgie FTW. Hope you have a good night with the 'welsh' people and dont forget your passport to get into Cardiff!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Ha Ha, I forgot about that Alan lol
  • edited August 2010
    I was looking for something interesting in Cardiff, Dyls, & found this (Link below)  - fascinating. I know the place well, but was not previously aware of the history. PS - Does Cardiff really have a "River Taff"? http://bit.ly/9RZUiA  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes the River Taff, the link is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Taff it tells you some of it's history etc, tbh we take the River Taff for granted. When I was in University near Pontypridd I lived next to the river - beautifull it was but not fully appreciated until I left. Thr Cardiff CentralStation you talk about was like a second home when travelling from Pontypridd/Trefforest on the Arriva Valley Line, it used to take atound 10 minutes normally - 20 max depending on the number of stops. The most interesting part of the journey was that we followed the River Taff from begining to end of the journey and on the journey you pass the falls and are able to see the beauty of the River - again not appreciated until now!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Fancy some Poker in Wales anyone? : Yes the River Taff, the link is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Taff  it tells you some of it's history etc, tbh we take the River Taff for granted. When I was in University near Pontypridd I lived next to the river - beautifull it was but not fully appreciated until I left. Thr Cardiff CentralStation you talk about was like a second home when travelling from Pontypridd/Trefforest on the Arriva Valley Line, it used to take atound 10 minutes normally - 20 max depending on the number of stops. The most interesting part of the journey was that we followed the River Taff from begining to end of the journey and on the journey you pass the falls and are able to see the beauty of the River - again not appreciated until now!!
    Posted by dylan12
    If i recall correctly, the subways in Cardiff Central Railway Station have some rather fetching brown-glazed wall tiles, upon which is etched "Ticket Office" & suchlike. Fascinating, utterly fascinating.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Fancy some Poker in Wales anyone? : If i recall correctly, the subways in Cardiff Central Railway Station have some rather fetching brown-glazed wall tiles, upon which is etched "Ticket Office" & suchlike. Fascinating, utterly fascinating.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I haven't used it for two years now probably but yes you are correct Sir.

I was in Brussels a few weeks back - fasinating stuff - the tube system they have there is shocking, there was 39 of us and we all thought it was a free tube service, we only ever paid once to use it when we realised we had to pay to use it, shocking security, no one ever checked for tickets and we only met a security officer once (when we paid for the ticet) - anyway, the tube was fantastic, obviously not the journey but the tiles on the walls of nearly every stop looed lie it was hand made with pictures of their history or some "famous" person I presume - was nice to look at although a bit weird it was better than looing at bland walls.
  • edited August 2010
    Tikay - dont forget to wear some 'large' pants for tonight! (perhaps you could borrow a pair of Dylans, lol). Wedgie FTW. Hope you have a good night with the 'welsh' people and dont forget your passport to get into Cardiff!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    glad someone`s remembered the wedgie, could not play poker after that my eye`s were watering too much, gl all that are in cardiff, ( i mean finding your way out )