You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table Selection

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
right i never really think about it i just find whatever level i fancy and play regardless whos on it

just wondered do people think i should be selecting games better eg. avoiding regs for maximum profit, also the average pot should i be paying attention to this and what would be ideal depending on style?

i dont wanna bum hunt but what are your thoughts please

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Play nl30 and avoid the 4 regs that are kinda worth avoiding! lol
  • edited August 2010
    not rolled jj, but feel free to pm me who to avoid and i may put a buy in and see how it goes
  • edited August 2010
      The obvious answer is to look for a table that is playing opposite to the way you want to play.

But for me if you take good notes on people, then look for a table on which you have notes on several players which will give you the edge on the table
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Table Selection:
    right i never really think about it i just find whatever level i fancy and play regardless whos on it just wondered do people think i should be selecting games better eg. avoiding regs for maximum profit, also the average pot should i be paying attention to this and what would be ideal depending on style? i dont wanna bum hunt but what are your thoughts please
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

play people you can beat

play people you enjoy talking to

play at a level you can afford

always try and play your best

if you start to tilt or think bad thoughts or get angry go for a walk lol.
  • edited August 2010
    if you playing anythin below 20nl on sky, you dont need to table select.

I dont know if sky shows you but you want to join tables with the highest people to flop%