You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

195 chips to CHAMPION in the £22 Bounty Hunter

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Here's the story,

I entered into tonight's 23:45 £22 Bounty Hunter, I lost a big hand for the majority of my chips quite early, I pushed with effectively 4th pair on a flushing/straightening board hoping my opponent would fold knowing my hand was no good, he called with his flopped set - no complaints.

Blinds were 25/50, I have just 195 chips remaining, I fold my next two hands, my next hand I'm in the big blind, it's folded round to the small blind which I was quite surprised at, usually you get everybody limping in when a short stack is involved in a bounty hunter, I decide I'm going to go with my K6, my oppoent shows QT, we're ahead, I flop a 6 - it didn't really make a difference, I still had to avoid a Queen or Ten, turn 5, river 5. A double up!

I'm now sitting on 390 chips, just under 8 big blinds. It's folded around to me on the small blind, I auto-shove with my K3, I get looked up, unsurprising, he shows pocket 3's, drawing to a King. Flop JJ7, seven's are now good. Turn 6, sixes now help as well, any King, any seven, any six, river K!! Another double up!

I fold my next couple of hands and then wake up in second position with the Bullets, UTG-man calls, I have 780 chips, blinds have risen to 50/100, I push all in, the big blind calls, UTG-man folds and the bb shows 77. My Aces hold and I'm up to 1,710.

My next hand I have pocket 8's UTG, I raise to 300, it's folded round, I win the blinds.

A couple of rounds later, I have AT in the small blind, the dealer limps, I decide to see a flop, bb checks. The flop is QJ9, me and the bb check, the button bets 150, both blinds call, turn a 3, both blinds check again, the button bets just 100, I call on the open-ended draw, the big blind folds, river the miracle King, I bet 300 - I know the button has little so I try to get a bit of value from the scary board, he calls with a J - probably the most I would have got out of the hand, now up to 2,460.

My next big hand, blinds up to 75/150, I raise UTG with AK to 450, the small blind calls, the flop is 9K7, the small blind pushes, I call, he shows K6, my AK holds. Now up to 4,620!!

My next big hand, I'm on the small blind with pocket 10's, the button limps, I raise to 550, big blind re-raises to 1950, he only has 2650 behind, I have 310 chips more than that, button folds, I make the re-re-raise all in, he calls and shows J8, my hand holds and I have 8,330 chips as well as a bounty, my first of 6.

I then get my second bounty, again with pocket Tens, I'm in the big blind, there are 3 limpers on the 5-handed table, I raise to 750 in total, 600 more, 2 callers, the flop is 8QT, I bet 900, the short stack (with only 135 more behind) just calls, the other player folds, the turn is a 7, I push, he calls his 135 with a flush draw and a double gut-shot with his 9-5 of hearts, river King, I'm up to 12,440.

That was my last "big hand" until we got heads up, I was raising quite a lot around the bubble, picking up a few hundred every round, heads-up my opponent played me well, I raised most buttons, he pushed every time, I was card-dead for around 10-15 minutes, I can raise with these hands but I couldn't call. I kept doing it frequently to basically set a trap for later on, it's worth losing 1500 chips every so often if it means you can kill the game with an all in 75-80% favourite.

I got 3 big hands heads-up, pocket Aces once which I got paid, probably due to the image I had, once I raised with 7T, the flop was 9J4, he checks, I bet, he calls, I hit my 8 for the straight, again he checks the turn, I bet and he calls once more, the river is a 9, he checks, I bet but he folds. A nice 16,000 pot.
The final hand, he raised. I have AJ, I push, he calls with A4, AJ holds, I won £225, added to the £180 I won last night, two second place finsihes in the same bounty hunter tournament and the midnight £11 game. I'm on a role!!

It just shows you, you only need a Chip and a Chair (and a bit of luck as well ;) )

Comments