You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flop decision for stack

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic

This guy seems to limp with suited connectors and small pairs.

He raises strong aces, and big pairs to 5xbb.

However this is the first sb/bb battle.....

Post flop, he always bets strong, close to pot, when he thinks he is good - he can semi bluff in the same way with big draws.

What wud u do on the flop?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxxSmall blind  £0.15 £0.15 £20.87
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £43.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

bluff1991 Fold     
theneons Fold     
xxxRaise  £1.35 £1.80 £19.52
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £4.60 £6.40 £38.90
xxxCall  £3.40 £9.80 £16.12
Flop

• Q

xxxBet  £9.80 £19.60 £6.32
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Kool.

That'll doooo donkey

I think that he thinks than I have AK :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop decision for stack:
    Kool. That'll doooo donkey I think that he thinks than I have AK :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

That'll do donkey?

You're not much of a workplace motivator, I suggest you never lead a team of people they wont be impressed with your feedback.

As is why on earth would you do anything else other than call?
  • edited August 2010
    No point just calling, shove of fold territory for sure seeing as he has 6 quid back.

Bit of a puzzler to be honest, I'd want to know if he was good enough to flat your 3bet with AA or KK.  But then again would he Donk-bet here with these hands (i.e. is he good enough to?).  Feels like 9s or 10s to me so I shove it in and close my eyes without further information.

Has he been three bet pre before?
  • edited August 2010

Ahhh its a line from shrek.

With shrek's Scottish accent I was gonna spell it "donkeh" - but thought twice a it may look personal.

And why wud I consider doing anything else? - As I sid above the hand, he bets pot "with it" or with draws, as it's the dryest board ever, I can rule out draws....

So he must have a queen or a set?

The call is just the same as a shove here really, unless he's got complete air, which he never has. We both put the rest in on the turn if I flat.

I think he wud 4 bet pre with AA/KK tommy - only really worried about AQ/KQ, but his play suggests this is exactly what he has.... (or a set)
  • edited August 2010
    pot leading a set with no money back would be bad.

call flop and give him the option to weird out and put it in on the turn with nothing.

having 'it' on this board could easily be 77-JJ
  • edited August 2010
    Ahhh its a line from shrek. With shrek's Scottish accent I was gonna spell it "donkeh" - but thought twice a it may look personal. And why wud I consider doing anything else? - As I sid above the hand, he bets pot "with it" or with draws, as it's the dryest board ever, I can rule out draws.... So he must have a queen or a set? The call is just the same as a shove here really, unless he's got complete air, which he never has. We both put the rest in on the turn if I flat. I think he wud 4 bet pre with AA/KK tommy - only really worried about AQ/KQ, but his play suggests this is exactly what he has.... (or a set)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Why would he bet out with KQ or AQ though?

For me if i'm in that spot the only way i'm making money is if i check and you bet with a worse hand?
  • edited August 2010
    I've got to agree with Beaneh and Clio.  If he's played with you for any length of time he'll know you are likely to bet here.  As I said before, I think he's got nines, tens or maybe the other two jacks.
  • edited August 2010
    your most likely ahead here, sets never gonna donk, AQ/KQ are prob gonna c-r.

i just shove over the top here
  • edited August 2010

I got it in, he had queen 9 suited.

btw this guy plays 14 tables at once, so no way did I expect him to have that hand.

• edited August 2010
    I got it in, he had queen 9 suited. btw this guy plays 14 tables at once, so no way did I expect him to have that hand.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ohhhh, it was HIM!

I'm starting to hate that guy!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop decision for stack : Ohhhh, it was HIM! I'm starting to hate that guy!
    Posted by CLIOKID

I luvs him. Such a welcome addition.

12-14 tables doesn't require such bad nitty play. but his choice lol.
  • edited August 2010

haha might as well leave the name in next time.

Wud u all still stack off?
  • edited August 2010
    haha might as well leave the name in next time. Wud u all still stack off?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i'm pretty sure his stack size would tilt me into doubling him up. if im playing well i'd snap fold the flop. I probably wouldn't 3 bet either fwiw.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop decision for stack : i'm pretty sure his stack size would tilt me into doubling him up. if im playing well i'd snap fold the flop. I probably wouldn't 3 bet either fwiw.
    Posted by beaneh
    Surely if he's calling 3bets with hands like q9 we should always be 3betting for value?
  • edited August 2010
    I'm still stacking there despite him having Q9.  Reload and jump back into the action.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop decision for stack : Surely if he's calling 3bets with hands like q9 we should always be 3betting for value?
    Posted by yb

He won't often be calling that imo, and I'd rather 3 bet lighter and call a bit stronger to balance things up for when we are playing lots of bvb situations.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop decision for stack : I luvs him. Such a welcome addition. 12-14 tables doesn't require such bad nitty play. but his choice lol.
    Posted by beaneh
    For playing as many tables as he does surely he can't be nitty to be calling 3-bets oop with Q9?

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop decision for stack : For playing as many tables as he does surely he can't be nitty to be calling 3-bets oop with Q9?
    Posted by CLIOKID

w/e one hand means nothing.

however bad the call pre is lol.

maybe he knew he'd hit a queen and stack dohhs jacks?!

potting is so bad that you just have to laugh really.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop decision for stack : w/e one hand means nothing. however bad the call pre is lol. maybe he knew he'd hit a queen and stack dohhs jacks?! potting is so bad that you just have to laugh really.
    Posted by beaneh
    Oh yeah, the potting sucks, and it's non-stop.

I've not had a chance to take advantage of it yet or get to showdown to what exactly these pot bets are all about. He's always committed by the turn so it is very strange, give me a good spot one time please!

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Flop decision for stack : Oh yeah, the potting sucks, and it's non-stop. I've not had a chance to take advantage of it yet or get to showdown to what exactly these pot bets are all about. He's always committed by the turn so it is very strange, give me a good spot one time please!
    Posted by CLIOKID

it's fun fun. love potters 
    :D
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    Is this the guy that multi-tables at all different levels from 4p/8p to 50p/£1?
  • edited August 2010
    Is this the guy that multi-tables at all different levels from 4p/8p to 50p/£1?
    Posted by yb
    Not sure i've seen as low as 4p/8p but generally 20nl-100nl multi-tabling.