You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Difficult hand

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
no reads, second hand at table... just unlucky or played terrible?
jakryan Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.47
YOUNG_GUN Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.92
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

bigdebs13 Fold     
jenkins09 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.97
peggsy Call  £0.04 £0.14 £6.89
walesboy Call  £0.04 £0.18 £9.77
jakryan Call  £0.02 £0.20 £3.45
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £0.33 £0.53 £3.59
jenkins09 Fold     
Call  £0.33 £0.86 £6.56
walesboy Fold     
jakryan Fold     
Flop

• K

YOUNG_GUN Bet  £0.77 £1.63 £2.82
Raise  £1.54 £3.17 £5.02
YOUNG_GUN Call  £0.77 £3.94 £2.05
Turn

YOUNG_GUN All-in  £2.05 £5.99 £0.00
xCall  £2.05 £8.04 £2.97
YOUNG_GUN Show
  • Q
  • Q

peggsy Show
  • K

River

peggsy Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s £7.44  £10.41
Nealy check folded turn with strong feeling k10, as they seem to get overplayed preflop at this level

Comments

• edited August 2010
    ive saw you post numerous hands were you just fall in love with PP and you cant fold, learn to fold.

your donk shove on turn is most likely getting looked all hands that beat QQs fwiw and prob fold out all draws.
  • edited August 2010
    does this person raise the flop alot? do they raise draws? if not fold the flop
  • edited August 2010
    see above 2nd hand no reads, only played 4nl as had a bad day(non-poker) so far so wanted to limit loses

proceded to lose a tiny bit more but not the end of the world
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Difficult hand:
    does this person raise the flop alot? do they raise draws? if not fold the flop
    Posted by beaneh
    this and if you think he raised with worse, i.e. a T then check/call turn to let him spew off again as you wont get called by worse when u bet out

i prob fold flop without reads tho
  • edited August 2010
    Raise more pre to about 40-50p. Good bet on flop then snap fold as he gives you a very quick answer with that raise.
  • edited August 2010
    If you're going to go all-in on the turn, why not just do it as a 3-bet on the flop?

I probably call the flop, c/f turn. But i'm an awful player, so don't listen to me.
  • edited August 2010
    If you're going to go all-in on the turn, why not just do it as a 3-bet on the flop? I probably call the flop, c/f turn. But i'm an awful player, so don't listen to me.
    Posted by YoungUn

because if he has a fd he has 36% which halves on blank turns maybe?
  • edited August 2010
    tbh i should have folded, on turn at latest here

got too attached realised they got k and possible 10 also, so miles behind and didn't put on flush draw so cant really use that excuse :o(

as i said to player worst flop for me really, so should have check/folded turn after i got the answer with re-raise
    may even have got no more in to showdown as opponent did say was worried i was very strong here lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Difficult hand : because if he has a fd he has 36% which halves on blank turns maybe?
    Posted by beaneh
    Is villain folding to our all-in on the turn which is just over half the pot with a fd? I'd doubt it on this level.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Difficult hand : Is villain folding to our all-in on the turn which is just over half the pot with a fd? I'd doubt it on this level.
    Posted by YoungUn

exactly, so instead of 50 going in at 36% you get 50 in at 18% winnar. (50 is an arbitrary figure)