You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Value betting river - How much can I extract here?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I've been at the table for the best part of an hour & other than myself there's been very little pre flop raising going on. Most ace high type hands were being limped from anywhere.

My reason for limping here (rightly or wrongly) is purely trying to mix up my game a little bit. I'd been raising a lot from late position with the occasional limp & I thought I'd see a flop here purely for flush draws. Most raises I put in were getting called by anyone who was remotely interested in seeing a flop.

As it was I got an even better flop than I hoped for. I posted a few hands yesterday & got some advice on one of them about not folding out worse hands which is why I've just flatted the flop & turn.

Now when player X checks the river I think I'm up against 1 of 3 types of hand. Either a "worse" ace than me (granted, mine isn't great but I think you all know what I mean!), any 6x hand or a missed flush (player X had been seen betting into draws previously).

I've got to bet something here but what would be the optimum amount to get paid? Also, fwiw should I have raised the turn too (again, if so by how much?)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £3.98
 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £4.79
  Your hole cards
  • A

Call  £0.08 £0.20 £3.30
 Fold     
 Fold     
silentbob Call  £0.08 £0.28 £9.68
 Call  £0.04 £0.32 £3.94
 Check     
Flop