You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Folded Broadway, and regretted it.

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BAXSTARS Small blind  25.00 25.00 2305.00
newby103 Big blind  50.00 75.00 1755.00
  Your hole cards
  • J

isntdead Fold     
jordan39 Call  50.00 125.00 1510.00
Becky1979 Call  50.00 175.00 4035.00
BAXSTARS Call  25.00 200.00 2280.00
newby103 Check     
Flop

• A
  • Q
  • K

BAXSTARS Check     
newby103 Check     
jordan39 Bet  200.00 400.00 1310.00
Becky1979 Fold     
BAXSTARS Call  200.00 600.00 2080.00
newby103 Fold     
Turn

BAXSTARS Check     
jordan39 Bet  100.00 700.00 1210.00
BAXSTARS All-in  2080.00 2780.00 0.00
jordan39 Fold     
BAXSTARS Muck     
BAXSTARS Win  800.00  800.00
BAXSTARS Return  1980.00 0.00 2780.00

The guy just called a 200 bet on the flop and I didnt really know where I was tbh.
The turn came a diamond and bet 100 but he re raised all in, I didnt know where I was at all.

After thinking about it for longer I think it was a terrible fold as I had the backdoor flush draw with my 10.
In the end I think he was on 2 pair but was worried bout flush and straight so shoved.

Really wanna know if you guys think I made the correct fold and If I could have played the hand better???

Also must add the guy didnt show or tell me his hand at the end of the hand :(

Comments

• edited August 2010
    dont limp pre

dont bet less on turn than on flop

• edited August 2010
    raise pre, terrible fold. I dont know why people are always folding the near nuts when the board pairs or 3 to the flush hits.

you are ahead of there range here.
  • edited August 2010

any reads on the villian?

You have not helped yourself really with your bet size on the turn, it is looking weak and the guy obviously has some sort of made hand. maybe 2 pair, and no diamond draw... who knows!

I would call here every day of the week and hope my 10d is a good back up card just in case the villain has made a redic shove with a made flush...

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Folded Broadway, and regretted it.:
    any reads on the villian? You have not helped yourself really with your bet size on the turn, it is looking weak and the guy obviously has some sort of made hand. maybe 2 pair, and no diamond draw... who knows! I would call here every day of the week and hope my 10d is a good back up card just in case the villain has made a redic shove with a made flush...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Its looks like it only the 2nd level of the torny, do you really want to put your torny life on a flush draw?
    Even if your ahead surely its better to wait for a better spot. No tornys are won at this level.

IMO fold is correct
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Folded Broadway, and regretted it. : Its looks like it only the 2nd level of the torny, do you really want to put your torny life on a flush draw? Even if your ahead surely its better to wait for a better spot. No tornys are won at this level. IMO fold is correct
    Posted by waynecure

We have a straight, the fd might be outs for us. 

I'd bet bigger on turn and call a shove. Betting less on turn than on flop is bad, especially when the draw completes (unless you're trying to induce a raise).
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Folded Broadway, and regretted it. : We have a straight, the fd might be outs for us.  I'd bet bigger on turn and call a shove. Betting less on turn than on flop is bad, especially when the draw completes (unless you're trying to induce a raise).
    Posted by beaneh
    I agree with BeaneH 100%

for once, lol:)
  • edited August 2010
    dohhh! My mistake lads need to clean my glasses miss read the hand and did not see the broadway, what a plonker lol

Yep call every day and as said twice on Sunday

I have not even had a beer tonight...... can I blame the dog as I did ask his opinion too!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    dohhh! My mistake lads need to clean my glasses miss read the hand and did not see the broadway, what a plonker lol Yep call every day and as said twice on Sunday I have not even had a beer tonight...... can I blame the dog as I did ask his opinion too!!!!!
    Posted by waynecure
    lol how did you miss that? its in the title :P