You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live - £82 sat to UKIPT ME

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
UTG, 5 hands in, no real reads, no-one done anything weird yet so in a vacuum.

5k chips, blinds 25-50, 6 handed

Open TdTs to 125, UTG+1 calls

Flop KdQh8h

I Bet 200
He calls

Turn 8s

Check
Check

River Ad

I bet 500

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    only QJ is folding, he can obv have AQ/ JT here so i think c/f is best. you are only repping AJ really as you're prob 3barreling JT bcos he should never be strong as he isnt raising flop. 

pre raise is a bit too small btw?? or is it std opening lvl of 6handed donkies i dont play many myself
  • edited August 2010
    Blinds go up every 20 mins (live so hands come slower) at a very steep structure, so figured 2.5x wud be a good default, yeah, i mean, he has KJ aswel, but overall i think ur probably right. I like it more if i have 99 tbh, cuz im kind of killing combo's of JT.

Yeah, bad play, dislike.
  • edited August 2010
    3x it pre they are all fishy callers.

c/f riv. 

what reads did you have? what did he look like? stereotypes? age? favourite colour? favourite poker hand? favourite rom com etc etc
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Live - £82 sat to UKIPT ME:
    3x it pre they are all fishy callers. c/f riv.  what reads did you have? what did he look like? stereotypes? age? favourite colour? favourite poker hand? favourite rom com etc etc
    Posted by beaneh
    someone's looking for a date ;)
  • edited August 2010

Raise more pre, 150-200 to be picky

Flop fine, if you plan on betting river be easier to bet turn instead. bet, check, bet is a line which mainly shouts out your not strong or your bluffing. wouldn't blame someone re-raising you here or flatting with q10 etc as has showdown value, dont think your repping AJ here at all either. Would either check turn and river, i would be raising turn and then re-assess whether to fire out another on the river or to c/f

• edited August 2010
    Raise more pre, 150-200 to be picky Flop fine, if you plan on betting river be easier to bet turn instead. bet, check, bet is a line which mainly shouts out your not strong or your bluffing. wouldn't blame someone re-raising you here or flatting with q10 etc as has showdown value, dont think your repping AJ here at all either. Would either check turn and river, i would be raising turn and then re-assess whether to fire out another on the river or to c/f
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Feel like theres alot of AhXh i can rep that would bet-check-bet, think its less a question of how wide a value range i can rep and more of how much of his range he folds.

Disagree with pre-flop raise sizing though.
  • edited August 2010
    Raise 3x pre-antes, raise less when antes kick in
  • edited August 2010
    Raise 3x pre-antes, raise less when antes kick in
    Posted by BrownnDog
    ty enough said :o)