You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA in the big blind

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
I was in a 5p-10p cash table on the big blind and was dealt pocket AA the player under the gun raised to

60p followed by the next 2 calling the 60p bet, the other 2 players folded, as i have only 15seconds to decide

and not wonting three other callers Ipushed all in for about £19.00.

was this correct to do, if not, what raise would you have advised, they then all folded.

AKA onthemoon

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Make it about £4
  • edited August 2010
    any raise size really it's your money. the lower it is the more likely to get callers, the more it is the more likely to make them fold. what do you want callers or not?! i'd make it anywhere from 3-4.5
  • edited August 2010
    £4 in this spot for me, aim to get in pre or on flop
  • edited August 2010
    Surely it depends on your image and how you want to get paid. If people think you're a maniac then the all in is much more likely to get a call if you're seen as TAG then you will only get a decent pay-off with a much smaller raise.
  • edited August 2010

Yea from when ive played against you onthemoon, you seem fairly tight and solid, so deffo dont think shove would be best.

From what i read theres about 1.95 in the pot when it gets to you? so id make it about 2.50 ish, but i think it depends on the other players stack sizes and how they have been playing.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: AA in the big blind:
    Surely it depends on your image and how you want to get paid. If people think you're a maniac then the all in is much more likely to get a call if you're seen as TAG then you will only get a decent pay-off with a much smaller raise.
    Posted by scrat666
    that may be true but the last thing you want is to price someone in with decent drawing capability like AKs down and for them to hit a straight or flush. and as you know, there's nothing worse than losing with AA after going AIPF. 

what you want is for LAG players to call you with TT > KK, so factor in the image or notes you have on other players. the more LAG, the higher the raise. 

I got good advice on this last week - for each caller/raiser in the pot, add another 1x raise onto yr standard raise.

My standard raise is 4x, so for example, if there are 2 callers and a raiser and you have AA in the BB, i would raise by 7xBB. 
  • edited August 2010
     A big thanks to all that have answered i will note your comments and will reraise 3x there blind raise and see what happens.

AKA onthemoon