You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or Raise river card? * FWIW result of what i did but not much response anyway :o(

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
bet more on flop river is fine.

remember bluffing at higher stakes costs more lol

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Villain is reg at this leve maybe higherl and hands shown for the night have been suited connectors or flush hands(mainly ace flush) which have got there. So i make all the betting to keep interested mainly, then the river comes down and he bets pot what to do? P.S. although not rolled earlierr won a bit at this level and just made another £20 much easier here as bluffs can get through so can play more aggressive
    xSmall blind  £0.15 £0.15 £95.04
    Burtt Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £30.05
      Your hole cards

YOUNG_GUN Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £29.21
    scotty77 Fold     
    xCall  £0.75 £2.10 £94.29
    Burtt Fold     
    Flop

• Q

x Check     
    YOUNG_GUN Bet  £1.05 £3.15 £28.16
    x Call  £1.05 £4.20 £93.24
    Turn

x
    Check     
    YOUNG_GUN Check     
    River

xBet  £3.15 £7.35 £90.09

• edited August 2010
    Im prob calling in this spot - even though theres a possible boat and 2 higher flushes to beat you here its a good price to call with Q flush.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Call or Raise river card?:
    bet more on flop river is fine. remember bluffing at higher stakes costs more lol
    Posted by beaneh
    By river is fine what do you mean lol call or raise? in regards to bluffing i wasnt really i was building the pot cheaply for when i hit
  • edited August 2010
    rasise to £8 river, your good here more often then not.
  • edited August 2010
    FWIW although not much response here

x had j 10 flush and i just called as figured could be slight ahead or behind in this spot, is this correct i dont know hence why i have posted
  • edited August 2010
    you're semi bluffing you want to bet bigger, you build a bigger pot for when you hit and increase your chances of getting a fold when you are still drawing.

calling river is fine, raise folding river is fine.

and my point about the cost of bluffing is, if you move up because they fold more realise it will also cost you more when you get caught and the more you do it the more you'll get caught.
  • edited August 2010
    yeah thanks bean, i haven't been bluffing much but can get away with it when i have so far. I do bare in mind will cost more so pick my moments :P